Please step back from the keyboad DK

Original post made by T.H., Pleasanton Meadows, on Oct 27, 2009

Ok for the record I am not a Douglas Kebdall fan, I just don't think he is clever, funny or even entertaining in anyway. I consider him a the type of person that thinks he is more talanted than he really is and wants to show the world his 'gift'. Anyway he is way to 'productive' on this forum and is putting out way too many posts, filtering nothing. Even great writers don't publish every word, they pick and choose. That's my opinion but my problem is now he gets his material from posts and mocks and parodies them creating posts with the same title. Theses post are not funny and get few comments. I was wondering if others started mocking posts by doing the same would they get pulled off the forum? It just seems odd thay PW pulls long winded or irrelevant posts but leaves DK's. The Onion is a funny sight for parodies, tell me DK does as good of a job. This is suppossed to be for public disscussion on public issues. This forum has become literally a parody of itself and is its own mockery. Go to the Onion for humor and come here to read DK's attempts at humor.

Posted by yep
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:07 am

I agree

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:38 am

For the record, as of right now, he has 5 comments on his last 16 posts. That should show him and the PW the interest people have in his posts. It also shows he is not provoking thought or discussion. We should all have freedom to post as we please but my problem is that I believe the PW would pull posts by others if they were not DK but posted the same things.

Posted by you got it
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:40 am

My feeling is that Jeb and Gina are tired of allowing conflicting opinions on the forum,they have no talent for getting "columnists" (remember Claudette McDermott and "reflections"? her personal ad venue) so they have resorted to a person who will wipe out the traffic to the forum. I no longer take the paper via mail, killed too many trees, so reading it online was a good way to find out what was happening in our town. Reading the forum was enlightening enough about local issues, some just argumentative, some of value, but hey, that's what small towns do. Now there is little reason to read any of it.
The Danville weekly has tanked and this one is on the way down. Allowing Kendall to post non-funny, non-sensical and completely unintelligent items -- over and over and over -- will be the final nail in the Pleasanton Weekly coffin.
Ah, an idea for a Halloween decoration. A coffin filled with copies of the Weekly, a stuffed dummy that looks like Kendall nailing it shut . . . . . .

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:50 am

Wow, you got it right. Maybe another decoration can be "you got it" hitting the nail right on the head. 4 of the 5 comments are hate posts also, so I guess he has one fan out there. It seems to me that if the PW was a kid getting picked on and DK was the bully, the PW has decided to invite him to dinner so he could make fun of the PW in his own home. Bad analogy maybe but why would the PW want to be mocked on their own forum? Why would the want their readers mocked? Since DK is connected to the PW now, he is a spokesman for them like it or not. This means the PW supports bigoted and insensative comments that are meant to insult.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 27, 2009 at 12:07 pm

shut-up...jealous bugs...

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 27, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Cholo taking the high road again, as he likes to claim. Whatever it takes to be on the otherside of the issue, right? Support the Cry to God people and DK, I'm sure they appreciates it. Cholo and DK are two sides of the same coin if you ask me. The diffrence being that one gets paid and one sits at home without a life. Cholo you should hate DK more than anyone, what if he reduces traffic to the forum even more? Then what would you do with your time that is as unproductive? If I wrote 'shut up jealous bugs' after one of your posts would you care? Nope, and I care even less, well actually I always know I'm right when you are on the otherside of the issue. I'm more jealous of you than DK, self diluted, medicated, endless free time, happy with little things like posts on the PW. It sounds nice.

Posted by agree agree
on Oct 27, 2009 at 1:35 pm

there is aslo a count of 'views' in the message board view, so do not even click on the DK posts

Posted by Julie
on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Julie is a registered user.

T.H., I could not agree with you more. It was bad enough when it was just "original" "stories"...but now the making fun of posts? Beyond annoying - now inappropriate.

Posted by Tango
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:13 pm

I agree that Prattle and Tattle is driving me crazy. I do believe that it is DK's idea of senseless humor. Every time I see P and T, I pass it by. If it keeps up much I will start deleating the PW as spam and throw it away in the recycle papers when it comes it the mail. Why a couple of jerks holding the whole town forem hostage?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 27, 2009 at 5:44 pm

What is your problem? Just skip dk's posts...problem solved! duh...

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 28, 2009 at 8:41 am

The real problem Cholo is that his stories and humor have nothing to do with a local public forum. A forum is not a humor column it is a place for locals to exchange thoughts on local issues. Another problem is his mockuposts using the same title as another relevant post. Insulting the forum contributors and even editor posts. Another problem is that since he's sanctioned by the PW he is spewing insensetive comments, as in gay jokes and political jokes, which are fine coming from anyone but a PW sponsored/employed/endorsed person. As far as I'm concerend it is the PW saying what he says. Another problem is he overwhelms the forum pushing topics that people want to discuss 4 pages back. Yet another is that nobody is contributing responces meaning people don't care about what he writes. And another is that his posts are not entertaining. He is reducing traffic to the forum I'd bet also as previous posters claim.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:15 am

Stacey is a registered user.

"A forum is not a humor column it is a place for locals to exchange thoughts on local issues."

That's the real problem, isn't it? The way this website presents data confuses most readers. What looks like someone's forum post is really supposed to be like a "column". The PW's software needs a lot more usability engineering. I'm reminded of those posts that show up as posted by "Editor" and many get confused.

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:45 am

I recomend to the PW to register "Editor" so others can't use it. I think that putting DK in the forum shows how much the PW cares about the forum and its intended use.

Posted by Julie
on Oct 28, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Julie is a registered user.

Hmmm. No DK post today? Can it be...

Posted by you got it right
on Oct 29, 2009 at 7:22 am

Julie -- you got your hopes up too soon, he's back. Time to write the editor, this has gone on long enough.

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:17 am

3 posts in two hours, two of which are 'parodies' of previous posts. I don't even read them anymore fearing that hits on his posts will make the PW think I like what he writes. I assume the PW editor appreciates DK and probably has a, "Wow, we have a real published author working for us, so he must be good." attitude. I think he's here for awhile, so I'm gone until he is.

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:23 am

One last thing befor I go....For the record if the 105 year-old man was my grandpa I'd punch DK in the mouth and knock that hat off his head for calling him a transsexual. This might get pulled because it sounds like a threat, it's not because he's not my grandpa. Oh, and I didn't read his post I just saw the first sentence under the title.

Posted by T.H.
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:17 am

Wait what the heck??? The PW pulled the three recent posts by DK??? I can't imagine they wanted me back so soon, or even care if I read or post on PW's forum. So they must have been offended by the posts or something. Not sure what's going on but appreciate the PW's edit and attempt to get the forum back on track. Thumbs up PW and keep it up!