Healthy Families Program Disenrollment UpdateAugust 14, 2009

Original post made by Very Concerned, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Aug 17, 2009

Healthy Families Program Disenrollment UpdateAugust 14, 2009

This story contains 494 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Posted by Not Concerned
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:27 pm

To Very Concerned:
What is there to be 'Very Concerned' about?

Posted by Me Too
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Aug 17, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what their is to be concerned about. Apparently the federal government is going to take the rest of our money that California didn't get and provide medical coverage so this program is dead in the water anyway. Its funding should be $0.

Posted by What?
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 18, 2009 at 12:21 am

Not concerned.,

Typical arrogant mentality!

"Posted by Not Concerned, a resident of the Country Fair neighborhood, 9 hours ago

To Very Concerned:

What is there to be 'Very Concerned' about?

That there is a government program that can't (won't) spend more than it has funding for?"

How about the 100million a day we spend in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Posted by Mary
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 18, 2009 at 8:12 am

Why don't you get a job like the rest of us?

Posted by Very Concerned
on Aug 18, 2009 at 9:41 am

Wow, what a concerned and empathetic community! You have NO idea what my families circumstances are, or our current or previous work OR business ownership experience is or has been for the last 20 years!

Mary!

“Get a job like the rest of us”

Really, there are so many middle management jobs within 100 miles, that should be REALLY easy.

Would YOU share with me EXACTLY how to LAND one of these jobs?

Health Families is for the WORKING poor and it’s not very hard to be “working poor” in these times.

Several people mentioned the spending of funds we do not have. If you would take notice, that’s what the Fed and State has been doing for a LONG, LONG, time.

I suppose to endorse spending 100 million a DAY in Iraq, rather that using that 100 million to providing Health Care to 760,000 working families children?

Posted by Janna
a resident of Dublin
on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:04 am

Very Concerned,

Ignore these idiots! I feel your pain. My husband has been out of work for a year and I recently put my kids on HF and Medi-cal.

I lived in Pleasanton from 2001 to earlier this year before we couldn't hold on any longer after the job loss. That town has become a cesspool of right wing tripe! If Mary can't understand how hard it is to a find a job in this economy that will pay all the bills, then she's the biggest idiot of them all!

Good luck finding employment. Just know you are not alone in your situation. There are a lot of us out there.

Like this comment
Posted by Very Concerned.
on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:26 am

Janna,

Thanks for the support from Dublin This IS very REAL and totally unacceptable.
HF will be dumping kids by anniversary date I hear. Also Arnold pulled a FAST ONE as far as Healthy Families as you well know.

Funny, our home IS on the market for MORE reasons than I care to mention here!

Posted by Mary
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:48 am

Well if there are no jobs in the area then I would move to where the jobs are even if that means out of state. To sit back and wait for somebody to come to you is futile and you need to get motivated.

Posted by Very Concerned
on Aug 18, 2009 at 11:26 am

Mary! How the heck do YOU know what I, or any other unemployed person is doing, or not doing to find work? The house IS on the market and I am MORE than willing to relocate! I have Flown all over the Country in my attempt already and will continue to do so!

"To sit back and wait for somebody to come to you is futile and you need to get motivated."

How dare you impose this motherly advise on me and insinuate that I am "waiting for sobody to come to me and that I need to get motivated"!! It appears that YOU have the luxury of sitting on you butt, while a paycheck comes through the fron door perhap?

Thanks SO much for all you community support, or for your supporting my family! We could be friends for all you know?

"Posted by Mary, a resident of the Country Fair neighborhood, 31 minutes ago

Posted by Mary
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 18, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Posted by Just a neighbor
on Aug 18, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Mary,

May the good Lord always protect you and your family from any unexpected events, and may good fortune always smile upon you. And, if somehow, someday, your world is turned upside down and despite the hard work and efforts of you (and spouse, if applicable and he is still able-bodied to work), and your careful savings are drained, I dearly hope that your neighbors and community are (more) sympathetic, understanding, and willing to offer (or not condemn) some temporary generosity to see you through hard times.

No one can say when everything he/she has planned and strived for may change. And no one should be made to feel judged when misfortune strikes and things seem a bit hopeless.

- Just a neighbor

Posted by Very Concerned
on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Just a neighbor, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Mary, take a chill pill and look within yourself, PLEASE!

“Posted by Mary, a resident of the Country Fair neighborhood, 4 hours ago
I just do not know how you people can expect the rest of who are working to support you as well. Seems a bit lazy as obviously if you have a computer and time to sit around it you are not doing your best.”

Mary, you suggest that YOU and other tax payers are supporting my kids who have been on Healthy Families all of 5 months? Am I mistaking just how much WE as a family have PAID in taxes over the years My million in PAID taxes mean NOTHING according to YOU, because I have been out of work more recently! Good Grief?

I seem a bit lazy to you? I am not doing my best? Who the HELL are you to speak to me in this manner Mary?

We were in a 40% tax bracket for as business owners and 28% in more recent years as employees.

For god’s sakes, we have helped MANY people in need over the years in more ways than you would ever imagine. We hosted a family of 5 from Hurricane Katrina and PAID ALL of their expensed for OVER a year for starters!

Its NOT about me or my family, it’s about 760,000 children from WORKING FAMILIES, that will be loosing their Health Care!

BTW- Miss employed and not lazy, supporting my family with YOUR hard earned tax dollars, you wrote;” Seems a bit lazy as obviously if you have a computer and time to sit around it you are not doing your best.”.

That IS A FRAGMENT! What exactly do YOU do for work?

O.K. don’t tell me.

Thanks again for all your support.

Posted by Janna
a resident of Dublin
on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Next Mary's going to complain about us having enough money to pay for an internet connection, blah, blah, blah. How else do you look for a job?

The implication that we are lazing around on good government money is laughable. $1900/mo from EDD barely covers rent, never mind everything else needed for a family of four. For Mary to imply that we all want to stay on this "salary" rather than getting a job making much better money (six figures, which is what my husband was making before he was laid-off) is even more laughable. We're now living on credit too now and I had no debt before the job loss except for my car loans which would've been paid off in the next year.

Mary, why are you so against a public safety net for people who fall on hard times? Because someone might cheat? I can see how someone might have to in order to make it, especially around here. Maybe you should walk in other people's shoes before you start spouting the "self-responsibility" crap.