Young Pleasanton man killed in crash near the mall early this morning

Original post made on Aug 14, 2009

A 23-year-old Pleasanton resident died early Friday morning after crashing into a large tree near Stoneridge Shopping Center, according to police.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 14, 2009, 11:40 AM

Posted by Sad
on Aug 14, 2009 at 11:48 am

Oh, dear god. How frightening it must have been if anyone was on the road around him at this time. I hope that no one else was hurt. And as a parent myself, I think of his parents, whoever they are. I can only imagine how devastating this will be for them.

Posted by dumbie
a resident of Stoneridge
on Aug 14, 2009 at 1:03 pm

[portions removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language] see all he had to do was to put on his seat belt. But he felt like a bad (Word removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff). Theirs a reason why cops enforce click or tick it.

Posted by SAD IN PTWON
on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:10 pm

dumbie.. regardless of what you think someone lost someone special to them today...have a little compassion I am sure if it happened to someone close to you, you wouldn't have stated your views in the same way!!!!!!!

I pray for you...

Posted by Saddened
on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I have children around that age. I talk with them all the time about making good choices. I tell them "If you make good choices, you'll never have regrets". I can only imagine what this family is going thru right now. I wonder if Pleasanton has a higher rate of deaths amoung young people compared to other towns the same size. I just think that we are losing a lot of young people. Please, everyone, go out there and make good choices. If you're going to drink, don't drive. If you're going to drive, don't drink.

So simple...

Posted by Me Too
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:10 pm

"I wonder if Pleasanton has a higher rate of deaths amoung young people compared to other towns the same size. times when a seatbelt helps a driver maintain control of the vehicle"

I doubt it, compared to what I've seen where I grew up, I would guess we are actually on the low side for our size.

When people are young they are going to do dumb things - parents and everyone need to try to help, but no matter what we do we are not going to eliminate all the bad decisions people make when growing up. We just hope we can eliminate the bad decisions that lead to this kind of tragedy.

Posted by MIke
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Aug 15, 2009 at 3:19 pm

Too bad, really. Very sad.

This type of unfortunate accident happens regularly, but let's hope that each time it does the example saves a few other youngsters from the same fate.

Posted by Rod
a resident of Golden Eagle
on Aug 16, 2009 at 9:54 am

Jack brother, I miss you man I have no idea how I'm gonna go to work tomarrow and sit next to your empty desk.. If it hadn't been for my girlfriend telling me to go to Concord with her after work, I would have gone with you to buffalo wild wings then Aura and would have been in that car. I never got to meet Racheal but my condolences go to her and your family.

To Dumbie: just hope I don't see you on the streets of Pleasanton

Posted by AT&T Friend
a resident of Valley Trails
on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Joaquin is loved and will be missed.

Posted by Friend of Joaquin
a resident of Valley Trails
on Aug 16, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Dumbie,

Please think about Joaquins friends and family before you decide to post any addtional cruel commments.

Posted by Jeck
a resident of another community
on Aug 17, 2009 at 8:46 am

i will miss u jack...

Posted by melissa
a resident of San Ramon
on Aug 18, 2009 at 6:10 pm

I miss my Jackie boy- his smiles, and his habits.

I get mad at u sometimes for leaving us... I know I will see you again someday, and I will give u hell about it then...

We talked about u all day long today- u were loved by everyone. Lots of tears, and lots of smiles, we laughed because we knew that is what you would want us to do-

Until later - Love Melissa

Posted by Julie
on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Julie is a registered user.

My condolences to the families/friends.

Posted by Other Car's Sister
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 19, 2009 at 4:23 pm

My brothers car was the one that was hit in the Hit-and-run in the Aura parking lot. We are saddened by this as well... We wish you didnt run. My condolences to his family.