McNenery Phone Town Hall meeting

Original post made by Susie, Country Fair, on Aug 12, 2009

Congressman McNenery's office advises that there will be a "phone" town hall meeting tonight at 6 pm. If you call his office (925-737-0727) and leave your phone number, then you will be called and instructed on how to ask a question. Although I would prefer a face-to-face meeting, a phone meeting is better than nothing. His office also stated that an appointment can be made to meet with the Congressman to discuss the healthcare bill. This is our opportunity to understand this bill and to express our concerns.

Posted by (I.D. removed as offensive word for Town Square forum)
a resident of Foothill High School
on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:36 am

Everyone needs to call his Pleasanton office and demand a real meeting,a phone meeting will be completely staged. This is a 1/7th of the economy we are talking about. I don't care if you support or oppose the bill, I just want to meet with him on a level playing field. Why can he not do both? This shows his arrogance.

Posted by Not Surprised
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:16 am

(I am re-posting below my earlier response)

I find McNerney's arrogance breathtaking...consistent with the other Obama-ites. McNerney is "employed" by us - his constituents - yet HE is dictating to US what his meeting format will be?! He is OUR employee and we should state what reasonable format we want for such an important Town Meeting! I say it should be IN-PERSON so he can see our seriousness and we can see his reaction as well!

A phone meeting is a typical McNerney format of maximum "control" and limiting constituent input. If you haven't "attended" one of his "phone meetings" don't get your hopes up that your voice will be heard. These meetings are highly staged...with preplanned questions, only a few callers, well-rehearsed answers and may I add extremely verbose fillabusters to consume time. (Don't be surprised if the meeting starts late...but ends promptly on schedule too.)

His phone meetings are next to worthless, that is unless you are interested to experience the trainwreck of a process for yourself.

For him it is the easiest way to complete his checklist item of "conduct town meeting" (i.e. "to give my constituents the illusion that their input really matters").

Mr. McNerney...at least you are consistent. Consistently unimpressive in your interest to truly listen to and represent your constituents, not to mention your penchant for seriously damaging our healthcare, economy and our national defense even further, with your 95% party line democrat voting record.

Posted by Roll on
a resident of Valencia
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:30 am

Repost:

"I have an idea why he is having a town hall meeting over the phone. Think of travel expenses to fly from DC to Pleasanton, California. Many of you would be up in arms at "the exorbitant fees taxpayers are being forced to pay." If this was a full on tour of town hall meetings, then yes, the plane flight might be worth it. But if, as I believe is the case, this meeting is for Pleasanton alone, then the cost of flying out, accommodation, etc. is simply not worth it for a town of 60,000. I think he is making the smart decision to save us, as the taxpayers, money."

Posted by Susie
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:44 am

In talking with McNerney's office, they indicated the congressman is in town--just prefers a phone town hall as "more effective." I am giving him a chance to be objective and to listen to concerns. If this is a staged town hall and I am unable to ask my question, then I will be very dissatisfied and will re-post.

Posted by Dublinmike
a resident of Dublin
on Aug 12, 2009 at 12:46 pm

With the mob mentality, can you blame him. Talk about staged, this organized hate mobs... face the truth.

Regarding "I find McNerney's arrogance breathtaking..." Did you say the samething about Pombo? Probably not. Pombo never had meetings in the Tri-Valley, at least on a consistent basis.

I doubt Pombo read many of the bills either.

Bunch of hypocrites...

Posted by There ya go!
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Hey everybody, do as dublinmike says! Shut up and don't question the actions of your elected officials. He never questioned Pombo so don't question McNerney. The government will take care of you; no need to worry.

Posted by Thankful
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:18 pm

I'm thankful for the same mob-mentality that won our freedom during the revolutionary war and continues to do so today.

When people don't or won't listen, sometimes it helps to turn up the volume.

Posted by Never Forget
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Roll on, you have no idea what you are talking about. Representative McNerney is back home in Pleasanton. He is scared to death to face his employees, We The People. He would like this entire topic to dissapear. Remember this day when it comes to the next election.

Posted by Never Forget
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:22 pm

My regret, missed the second "p" in Dissappear.

Posted by Concerned Resident
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Keep in mind that "Nurse McNerney" has already given his constituents like you and me an "enema" because "Nurse McNerney" believes we "deserve" it ... (unlike himself and the rest of his fellow Congress buddies who specifically voted AGAINST a Republican-sponsored amendment to require Congress to have the same healthcare as they are proposing for us.)

The "enema" I am referring to is the House version of the national healthcare bill. McNerney is one of the members of the Energy and Commerce Committee which voted in favor of the socialist, complete inividual freedom robbing, withdrawal of life support for seniors, bankrupting House healthcare version HR 3200 which now is with the US Senate.

So just like in "OZ"..."NURSE McNERNEY" has spoken!

His (highly staged) telephone conference this evening is just a "checklist item" so that McNerney can indicate that "I have MET with my constituents" on this issue in which I have already voted.

Posted by Susie
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 12, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I hate to admit it, but "Not Surprised" was right. The phone town hall meeting was so disappointing: started late, ended promptly, preplanned questions, and verbose filibusters. But most disappointing was the Congressman's answers that he expects us to believe: more people will get better medical care but taxes won't increase, Medicare will be better run without any benefits cut, there will be more doctors to care for patients even though their reimbursement will be lowered, and the public option will cause private insurance to improve! I'm surprised the Congressman didn't offer some swamp land in Florida!

Posted by mark
a resident of another community
on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I also called the phoney meeting. The stench was so bad it lasted less than 5 minutes for me. What a joke. The thing is, it doesn't matter who sits in Washington, right or left, we all are screwed.
Bought and Paid for Puppets of the International Banksters. No election will ever make a difference. Our government has been taken over by the elite. Shadow Government 101

Posted by JohannM
on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:43 am

Huh, McNerney's not a fool, imagine that! Didn't want to get sandbagged by the 'angry" mob. Notice how little excitement his call generated. He answered questions, provided his positions and explained them. Outrageous! Why wouldn't he let himself be shouted down by a mob? Thankful says, when we don't listen to the "patriotic" mob, they have to turn up the volume. Your "mob" lost the election. There's another one coming. It's not patriotic to ignore the results of a democratic process; to shout down the duly elected representative. I hope kids aren't learning that lesson. McNerney outsmarted the mob. Good for him.

Posted by Amy
on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:02 pm

So JohannM...what flavor of 'kool-aid" to you prefer these days? You are one of those unquestioning, mindnumbed, mainstream media loving, socialist democrats who are simply not paying attention to what is happening with this country. Or, if you ARE paying attention and are agreeing with the changes, then you are even more dangerous than I previously thought.

You wouldn't understand what is going on until socialism affects YOU personally. McNerney is a mouthpiece for Pelosi and her leftist anti-American comrades.

In your spare time, instead of keeping up with what is happening in Hollywood, try reading the Constitution and learning how far away from it the left, including McNerney, is taking us.

Yours truly,
A proud American (in contrast to liberals' views of America)

Posted by mark
a resident of another community
on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Johann=CLUELESS

BLIND OBEDIANCE TO AUTHORITY

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I called and had a very productive chat! We talked about the importance of Unions, guns, dynamite and how to out slick the mob!

Mob = republicans extremists...ahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahh...tee hee hee, tee hee hee...