Why You Should Read The Details of the Health Care Bill.
Original post made by Curious, Downtown, on Aug 11, 2009
Read on down for the #59 reference.
Contact your Representatives and let them know how you feel about this. We,
as a country, cannot afford another 1000 page bill to go through congress
without being read. Another 500 pages to go. I have highlighted a few of the
items that are down right unconstitutional.
* Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
* Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
* Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits
you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
* Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for
you. You will have no choice. None.
* Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free
* Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Health Card.
* Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all
individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
* Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community
organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
* Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to
participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
* Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare
Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
* Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services;
translation: illegal aliens
* Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up
Individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you
have no choice in the matter.
* Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial
review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private
insurers will be crushed.
* Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
* Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run
public plan. No alternatives.
* Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND
* Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer
the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
* Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not
offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
* Page 167: Any individual who doesn't' have acceptable healthcare
(according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
* Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes
(Americans will pay for them).
* Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will
have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
* Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as
tax." Yes, it really says that..
* Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and
the poor most affected."
Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid
the same (thanks, AMA!)
* Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional
* Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private
* Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven
* Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
* Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems
* Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that
results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
* Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in
* Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand
without government approval.
* Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words,
yet another payoff for ACORN.
* Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures:
* Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans,
* Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS
* Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by
* Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior
Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior
Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
* Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills,
durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes
ahead of time.
* Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources,
guiding you in death.
* Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment;
government dictates how your life ends.
* Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment
as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life
plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
* Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at
* Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
* Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for
* Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government
intervenes in your marriage.
* Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating
and rationing those services.
On page 425 it says in black and white that EVERYONE on Social Security,
(will include all Senior Citizens and SSI people) will go to MANDATORY
counseling every 5 years to learn and to choose from ways to end your
suffering (and your life). Health care will be denied based on age. $500
Billion will be cut from Seniors healthcare. The only way for that to happen
is to drastically cut health care, the oldest and the sickest will be cut
first. Paying for your own care will not be an option.
Now, CALL YOUR PEOPLE IN WASHINGTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell them to read
page 425 if they don't read anything else. Surely some of them have parents.
The House of Representatives performs history’s first repeat hara-kiri
By Tom Cushing | 10 comments | 1,205 views
Net Neutrality a win or loss for open Internet and First Amendment?
By Gina Channell-Allen | 2 comments | 551 views