White House Move to Collect 'Fishy' Info May Be Illegal, Critics Say

Original post made by Ken in South Pleasanton, Downtown, on Aug 7, 2009

Duh!?!?!
Where is the outrage from the left that would have materialized if the Bush administration had done this? Does Obama get a free pass on this? As an American Citizen, regardless of your political bent, you should be outraged by this overtly illegal act on behalf of the Obama administration. You can send a message to the whitehouse and demand those responsible for this act be removed from office and sent packing. Use this email:
flag@whitehouse.gov
If this act by the Obama administration doesn't qualify as Fishy, then nothing does.

Reference Article: Web Link

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 7, 2009 at 5:09 pm

While national attention is on Washington, thousands and thousands and thousands of "illegals" are sneaking into the US!

They know that there is the American GIFT of Free Medical Care, Free Education, Section 8 Housing, Pre-School and Child Care through the Catholic church and eventually citizenship! My prediction is that the majority will be pardoned and welcomed with open arms by some!

There is nothing "Fishy" here, the "illegals" are being welcomed by Corporate America!

VIVA AMERICA!

ps If Americans are so unhappy, how come some businesses advertise for foreigners to visit America?

Posted by Johnny Law
on Aug 7, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Where is the outrage from the left that would have materialized if the Bush administration had done this?Bush did this and worse, remeber?

Their was major outrage from the Left AND the Right equilly and nothing chaged under dictator man, because he was "THE DECIDER" remember?

CIA, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement the Pentagon, (The Fed) has been "spying" on citizens and fringe groups since the beginning of time.

The internet has greatly increased their ability to do so, as well as the Laws that Mr. Bush set in place, not that the Fed needs a Law or anyone's blessing to do what they have always done and will continue to do.

Do keep in mind that everything you say on the phone or write on the internet is archived indefinably.

Some of the posts I have read just here on the Weekly Forum, no doubt have made their way into sophisticated screening programs the Fed uses, as there is a lot of borderline anarchist type threats.

I am GLAD someone is watching you folks! Trust me, local Police and F.B.I. has watch lists and local investigations as we speak.

Posted by Sallie
on Aug 7, 2009 at 10:17 pm

The BS from the above 2 posters has no relevance to the article in Ken's link. I have experienced an odd situation with the White House. After Sotomayor became a potential nominee I wanted to email Obama prior to final decision. I couldn't just email the white house as I'd done during this last decade..now one must fill out the boxes on the W H website. My message was I didn't want a 6th Catholic on the 9 seats. Two-thirds of ANYTHING lacks diversity. And I don't want an unelected pope having 6 seats on my supreme court. So I sent my email of concerns via the website.
Days later I received an email.....welcome MoveOn MEMBER ????which I am NOT !!! The email was full of information, so I decided to keep it without comment. I get them regularly from Moms for this & that, and titles of every leftist group under the sun. I find it strange that it was assumed if I sent an opinion to the President that I would want propaganda from an assortment of leftist activist groups...all directly from my white house email. Tracked ??? well, something related to that. Should GOVERNMENT communications be shared with leftist activist groups for the purpose of recruiting at the next rally. These communiques have several times asked that I ""contact my Congressperson to get them to do this or that "". Clever, using citizens to contact Congress to do the Pres pleading for him...all carried out by the innocent, uninformed public. From the white house list, to the moveon list, to a number of innocent sounding fronts...Mothers for this and that. I find it all very interesting, but disgusting that my email address has trickled down FROM the white house ! Could it have implanted tracers inside my computer?? It has a very calculated, dirty feel to it all....no longer my government....but I have saved it all.

Posted by Big Poppa
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 8, 2009 at 4:21 am

Apparently if you disagree with Der Furher He wants your kids or friends to turn you in. Now I know how it felt to live in 1930's Germany!!!!!

Posted by Ya RIGHT
a resident of Carriage Gardens
on Aug 8, 2009 at 6:43 am

Ya RIGHT Ken!

You are SO full of it!

"Posted by Sallie, a resident of the Birdland neighborhood, 8 hours ago

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 8, 2009 at 11:30 am

If you're interested in experiencing what it is like to live under a dictator who is also a NAZI, move to Venezuela, identify yourself as a Jew and you will be put on a list, you home will be photographed, address noted, and somebody will paint a nasty slogan on your house walls.
It's not fun.

sorry big poppa, keep on pretending and it will get you NOWHERE!

I also report others on this blog on a regular basis to law enforcement/Homeland Security.

Lets just call it watching things online...

Posted by It's against the law
on Aug 8, 2009 at 1:04 pm

This is the situation: The White House is breaking the law. It isn't a partisan issue - it's a legal issue.

Pure and simple - the law states that ANY White House Administration cannot collect information on the actions of United States citizens as it deters U.S. citizens from criticizing any administration and is a perceived as a limit on free speech.

During the Vietnam War, President Nixon was found to have been sending staff into Anti-War demonstrations and other related protests by the people, in order to photograph them, identify them and investigate them. This information gathering leads to U.S. citizens inferring that they may be punished - on some level - for any criticism of any government actions, which in turn inhibits their freedom of expression - a paramount right the U.S. Constitution guarantees each citizen.

The U.S. Congress consequently created a statute that makes it against the law for the White House to record or store ANY information on U.S. citizen's actions, statements or persons.

Asking anyone to send information about any U.S. citizen on any behavior to the White House is against the law, and furthermore, the more recent law that states any correspondence that occurs via email (e.g. "flag@whitehouse.gov)with the White House must be made of permanent record. This email "log" where people send in info - even about misinformation - constitutes a record of behavior by other U.S. citizen, and is therefore against the law statute of the 1970's.

Anyone that contributes to these recordings (emails sent to flag@whitehouse.gov) is now an accessory to a crime in the eyes of the law.

It is best to let facts play themselves out relative to the healthcare debate. The White House administration and staff are more than capable of holding press conferences, as we've seen on many occassions, and can offer any explaination of their facts at any given time. They do not need citizen information to assist them.

They can however, have people send them information in a non-identifying manner, but rather in the form of a question without any links to any identifying information of another U.S. citizen.

Posted by To Cholo
on Aug 8, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Cholo,

We do not have to settle for any level of government interference in our country even with only one individual - because none is acceptable. Our government is of the people, by the people. There is no hierarchy of individuals in our nation of citizens - the president is well-repsected, but he is of no greater significance than a brand new LEGAL citizen of the United States.

The U.S. Constitution guarantees it.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 8, 2009 at 4:46 pm

My policy is to report anybody that threatens me or anybody else with bodily harm. Any citizen can do it by telephone, snail mail or email, police, sheriff, highway patrol, Office of the State Attorney General, CA, FBI, CIA and Homeland Security. I even report implied threats of physical harm that I read on this blog. Most recently I reported a poster who referred to as a piece of sh...t and threatened to kick my as.. I don't care who it is; if you threaten to cause myself or innocent people harm, you are going to be reported.

If there is reason to believe that somebody poses a danger to society, then I say report and deal with the consequences later.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 8, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Correction: to me as...

Posted by Original Joe
on Aug 8, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I sent them an e-mail and told them that the only "fishy" thing I have come across is the Obama administration. They didn't respond, so I guess they agree.

Posted by Original Joe
on Aug 8, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I thought that the John Birch Society was on the far right, I guess they went full circle and emergec on the left. I think I better investigate myself.

Posted by Ken in South Pleasanton
on Aug 10, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Cholo,
Did they threaten to kick your "as", or something else?