Anti Liberal - Anti Obama Conservatives:

Original post made by Prophet, Old Towne, on Jul 30, 2009

Will you stop at nothing to further your cause and promote your angry self righteous agenda?

People like you are a serious threat to our national security. You folks are making your group look like complete lunatics.

Your group's radical conservative cause will no doubt ensure the exact opposite outcome you would desire. As you, Fox, Rush, Sanity continue to spew out non factual hateful rhetoric, your cause will go don in history as a failed one.

The average citizen is much more Leary of people like you, than Obama or any Liberal, for sure!

As you all continue down this destructive path, we shall pray for you and your families.

I personally find it so ironic that traditional conservatives say that you live your life based upon Christian values and beliefs.

However you promote hate, anger and rebellion, you condemn those that oppose your views and you all continue on your mission to bring down America with negativity and

Civil unrest.

THINK about what you are saying and the outcome of your actions! Take personal accountability!

God help you during this time of suffering.

Posted by Well Said
a resident of Val Vista
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:21 am

Well said! I feel badly for these folks and much more so for their children. I think that these radical conservative groups are in a major unjustified state of fear and panic. Bush used these tactics for 8 years and he is now gone. These folks feel they are carrying on the mission of promoting fear and panic as their universal cause.

At some point, I hope that the average conservative accepts a rational faith, that will guide them out of this insanity.

I too, will pray for these folks.

Posted by ConservativeChristian
a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:29 am

I am a conservative Christian and I think that the "groups" you refer to are a very small minority with a radical agenda.

I belong to a big local church and our Pastor is prompting restraint and compassion, a community working together in a positive no confrontational manner.

He also brings up the "let go and let god" constantly.

I too will pray fro the smaller minority radical group in P-Town as well as other communities.

Posted by Peter
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:36 am

i am extremely liberal and a life long democrat and you would think that I would be against this but in actual fact am 100% in favor of it regardless of the point of view as this is our freedom of speech rights and we should always be proud of the fact that we can say whatever we want. By the way, I watch a very broad spectrum of news in order to get the real picture.

Posted by Pray
a resident of Country Fair
on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:22 pm

My family is praying for a more effective way of comminication for these people that feel a need to inflame others and create a climate of hostility.

Posted by MorePrayerNeeded
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:25 pm

EXTREME prayer is needed more than anything at this point!

The terms extreme right or ultra right are used by some scholars to discuss only those right-wing political groups that step outside the boundaries of traditional electoral politics. This generally includes the revolutionary right, militant racial supremacists and religious extremists, neo-fascists, neo-Nazis and Klansmen. In this usage, the terms are distinct from other forms of right-wing politics such as the less-militant sectors of the far right, right-wing populists.

The term far right has been used by different scholars in at least two somewhat conflicting ways:

Reform-oriented right-wing movements or rightist factions of conservative political parties. These are sometimes called the dissident right, activist right, or right-wing populism. They are positioned between traditional conservatives and the extreme right. These participants are found outside mainstream electoral politics, but they generally produce a movement of reform rather than revolution.

Neo-fascists and neo-Nazis are usually labeled extreme right or ultra right. Such groups are generally revolutionary in character rather than reformist. Neo-Nazi and Neo-fascist literally means "new Nazi" and "new fascist", implying that they are from the period following World War II.

Posted by WeAgree
a resident of Civic Square
on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:31 pm

It's going to take much more than prayer in my humble opinion.

Right-wing populism (also known as radical right-wing populism) is a political strategy and rhetorical style combining right-wing ideology with populist propaganda and campaigning.

The strategy of right-wing populism relies on a combination of ethno-nationalism with anti-elitist populist rhetoric and a radical critique of existing political institutions.

They are considered radical because they oppose the current welfare system and the present political system; right-wing because they oppose aspects of socialism and have traditional policies on immigration; and populist because they appeal to the fears and frustrations of common citizens.

Other RRP parties wish to preserve the dominance of the Christian values as a means of preserving the national culture.

Some scholars see populist movements potentially serving as a precursor creating the building blocks of fascist movements. For example, conspiracist scapegoating employed by various populist movements can create "a seedbed for fascism" in the United States.

Posted by Glenn Beck
a resident of another community
on Jul 30, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Hey, stop all this nonsence, we are the superior class!

Posted by Superior
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Jul 30, 2009 at 10:04 pm

I find all of you on both of these extremes to be off-base, uninformed, & lack understanding of our country. Neither side grasp the freedom and independence that Jefferson and our founders intended for free citizens of America. We are all suppose to be free individuals, not burdened by the demands of others. Freedom is the other half responsibility.....the responsibility for oneself.
Live and let live, neither side intruding ACTIVITIES or BELIEFS on the other....ALL ASSUME RESPONSIILITY FOR ONES OWN FAMILY.

Posted by Steve
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Strawman: when someone deliberately sets-up a carefully crafted, yet fictional argument just to knock it down to claim it also refutes the original argument. In this case the "straw man" is wacko, angry, hypocritical conservatives.
Prophet, you can create straw man arguments all day long and it doesn't change the fact that many people who oppose Obama simply prefer less government in their lives, be it taxes, religion, or health care.

Personally, I think Obama is probably a pretty cool guy. I'd have a beer with him for sure. However, I oppose an agenda that attempts to run up our national debt, promote class warfare, and run private business into the ground.

I don't hate Obama or want to force everybody to become Christians. Frankly, I don't care what anyone believes, as this country was founded on principles of religious freedom, not oppression.

I've talked to many liberals like you Prophet. What I have observed is that you are bothered by these religious conservatives and how their faith guides their political decisions, even if there is no real threat to you from them. You shouldn't. I'm not bothered by wierd Wiccan people or environmental wackos who believe in Mother Earth. Who cares... after all what we really want is a free country - free from intrusive government interference in our lives, health, and economy.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Portraits of Republicans in America! VIVA AMERICA!!!
Web Link

Posted by What?
on Jul 31, 2009 at 6:10 pm

"To move forward at a time when Republican numbers are shrinking in many states, the party should show "respect of those who don't agree with us"

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD (AP) – 26 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO — Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty on Thursday urged fellow Republicans to welcome outsiders into the party ranks, not scorn them, as the GOP rebuilds from defeats that left the White House and Congress in Democratic hands.

The potential 2012 presidential candidate, addressing a meeting of the Republican National Committee, appealed to members to build bridges to independents and conservative-leaning Democrats that would win converts and, in turn, elections.

To move forward at a time when Republican numbers are shrinking in many states, the party should show "respect of those who don't agree with us," Pawlenty said. "Let's make sure that we welcome others who are not yet Republicans."

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD (AP) – 26 minutes ago

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:42 pm

don't count on me to join you dufus...

Posted by Liberal
on Aug 1, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Hey! Take the Against Racism Pleadge on YOUR right wing web site!

I dare you! Only SIX californians's and a total of 63 people have taken the Anti Racism Pledge in TWO months and this movement is well known!

GO FIGURE!

Posted by Offendedteenager.
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Aug 2, 2009 at 2:36 pm

People always like to make us look like the bad guys, huh? An while Bush was in office (or any other republican president) like you didn't voice your opinions, and share what you think needed to be said. come on. that is a little hypocritical. we all have the right to voice our opinions. and just because so far this economy is suckish and obama doesn't know what he is doing, doesn;t mean you have to put the blame on us.

if you are going to insult "us" try and at least spell Hannity right.
and i find it amusing that the liberal are praying. sure, now they go all "godly" on us, and make us look like the bad guys.

we shall she how obama does. i'm praying for him alot, since he has not clue what he is doing. drinking beer with people isn't exactly what you would call "working".

Posted by Cindy Sheehan
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 2, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Why isn't anyone speaking out now about our troops being killed in Afghanistan. Barack has doubled the amount of troops there and out young men and woman are getting killed at the highest rate since going there in 2001. Why are we there?

Web Link

Posted by Mr. Independent
a resident of Country Fair
on Aug 2, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I'm an Independent and the only change I voted for was the war. So when people say that we didn't get what we asked (voted) for, they aren't kidding!

I didn't want any of this craziness in dealing with the economy and I certainly didn't want this health care plan. I wanted us out of Iraq, but not to then just turn and go into Afghanistan.

As far as I am concerned, he should reform the existing laws regarding health care and leave the rest alone. He should stop increasing the deficit. He should give everyone a $4500.00 tax credit for an immediate stimulus, not the "change" he gave me in my payroll taxes, and not this ridiculout cash for clunkers. And finally he should just reform healthcare, not put the deposit down for an eventual single payer system. Who does he think he is kidding? If he does this, I will vote for the next guy - whoever he is - just to reverse the plan.

Obama is not who he said he would be - and not who I voted for. If he had really stated what he believed in and had really put it out there - there is no way I would've voted for a radical agenda. Isn't that why we were so unhappy with W? I will definitely not vote for him in another election and I certainly now wish I would've voted for McCain. The war wouldn't have changed, but the economy would have.

-Mr. Independent

Posted by Homer
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:16 am

So birhters, what do you have to say now? Your ruining this Country and your party!

Posted by Hmmm...
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:34 am

Hmmm,

I think there are more than a few random conspiracy theorists that are against this administration now. Certainly you can't be serious that such a few can have a massive effect? That wouldn't square with the mission statement of what Obama says we need in a civil army. Obviously you need a sweeping majority to have that kind of effect.

You can try to characterize them as "hate mongers", but I think that just demonstrates how nervous you all are at the exposure of the impact Obama's policies will create. People are wising up and you liberals are freakin' out.

Care to look at recent polls? If not then you just want to live in denial. Who is irresponsible and ruining our country now? You are as responsible as those in Congress that won't read a bill that will have a dramatic consequence.

Who is the radical now?

Posted by Shane
a resident of Canyon Oaks
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

Your cause is a lost cause and you are only hurting your future chances in the ploitical arena, as YOUR parties experts have been pointing out for weeks now.

Posted by Hmmm
on Aug 4, 2009 at 11:18 am

Shane,

You are right! I'll give up on the conservative ideals. No more conservative principles for me. The polls are so wrong! But, your stirring logical arguments are just too much for me to think beyond and battle.

I'll set aside my belief system, my political leanings, and I'll follow you anywhere! Yay, I'm a Democrat now!!