Five Days Worth of Slap Down Obama Postings in the PW

Original post made by frank on Jun 13, 2009

Here are the RECENT headlines.....

Ok Liberals...You Won The Election, But I'd Just Like To Know...

Obama might release terrorists into US

Emperor Obama has not clothes

Obama to tax healthcare benefits as income

Is THIS the type of "Change" You Voted For? : (Short videoclip of "Gangster Govt"

Obama Tells US Businesses: "DROP DEAD!"

Obama preaches fiscal responsibility to congress!

Even If You Can''t Stand "Rush," I Beg You To Watch This Short Clip...

Obama the muslim

Conservative Academia and Pleasanton

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THE RANTS INCREASE IN INTENSITY FROM HERE FORWARD....

Posted by Left, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 13, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Yes, the Right Wingers are PISSED off here! Almost TEN years of efforts to controlling what people beilive, what they can and can't do with their own bodies etc. and they LOST the thier battle for now.
My inlaws go to one of the biggest local churches and we attended recently with them. There really is quite a "save the world" "us against them" "the world is doomed" attitude. They are on a MAJOR crusade. Folks like O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rush are spewing retoric that is escalating to a point of civil war. Fraction groups such as supremist are gaining momentum and planning to carry out revenge.
Most Right Winger are more into civil PEACE and compassion, so we're
going to see an interesting time here moving forward. Some of these Right Wing Fanatics are a MAJOR DANGER to our Life, Liberty and FREEDOM.

Posted by Pow, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 13, 2009 at 4:58 pm

White Man:

Had enough yet?

Tired of seeing your race put down?

What's left for your children?

Time to get involved?

Posted by flight, a resident of another community
on Jun 13, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Some people don't like to see their community change. They don't like people who look a little different from themselves. Too late for that. Let's hope they find a place to live where they'll be happier.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jun 13, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I would like to hear all about the fears and grief that thousands of Americans are feeling because the USA elected an African American President.

It must be terrifying to know that the America of YOUR HOPES & DREAMS IS OVER! Yup...in another 30 yrs. of so, "white" folks will be a "minority". Shucks, there might even be a Latino/Hispanic, Asian, Jewish or Native American President elected someday! Is that cool or what? YUP...

Dare I say that we might even one day be proud to say that we have a Lesbian or Tranny for PreZ & Vice Prez...HOORAY!

IF YOU'RE GONNA RESPOND, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRY TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD!

VIVA!!! I ONLY ASK THAT THE EXTREMISTS FROM CONCORD BE POLITE!

Posted by Unforgiven, a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 14, 2009 at 9:08 am

Well first off I do not believe he is an african american as hehas absolutely no slae blood in him and his father is from africa and mother from Kansas. Cholo I do not think anyway or at least I do not care what color he is nor if he were a homosexual or whatever. What I take exception to is the direction he is taking this country and I believe we are going to lose what has made us a great nation and that is free speech. If you objectively read what is written you will see a ton of personal attacks against the ones on the right by the ones on the left if anyone so much as raises an eyebrown against Obama. He is open to critizem and will get it so just let thing run their course and believe me they will

Posted by left, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 14, 2009 at 9:53 am

Sorry,

I wrote:

"Most Right Winger are more into civil PEACE and compassion"

And I meant:

Most Left Wingers are more into PEACE and compassion"

However, I do believe that we are all capable of showing compassion and being civil.

Posted by Left,, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 14, 2009 at 9:56 am

Unforgiven,

I would like to read and understand your post. Would you be willing to edit the post, so that it is understandable?

Thanks,

Left

Posted by Unforgiven, a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 14, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Left sorry about that was in a hurry earlier and hit send to quickly

Well first off I do not believe he is an african american as he has absolutely no slave blood in him and his father is from africa and mother from Kansas. Cholo I do not think anybody or at least I do not care what color he is nor if he were a homosexual or whatever. What I take exception to is the direction he is taking this country and I believe we are going to lose what has made us a great nation and that is free speech. If you objectively read what is written you will see a ton of personal attacks against the ones on the right by the ones on the left if anyone so much as voices a negative against Obama. He as with any public official is open to critizem and will get it so just let thing run their course and believe me they will

Posted by Julie, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 14, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Julie is a registered user.

Unforgiven, if Obama's father is from Africa how do you explain him as not being of African ancestry? He is certainly half "African American" and half "Caucasian". What does slave blood have to do with it? And, just curious, have you studied his father's ancestry?

If you read objectively you will see that neither side has the right to call "foul" because BOTH sides have made "personal attacks". Most of the titles of the Obama threads qualify as personal attacks. If people could phrase their negative opinions without ranting, attacking, etc. I think that people would respond in kind.

Posted by Unforgiven, a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 14, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Hi Julie, Obama's father is from Nigeria and was only in the states for school when he met Obama's mother who was from Kansas. He moved back to Nigeria where he died from alcoholism at the age of 46. His mother then married a guy from Malaysia. Normally the term african american refers to a person of slave origin but now that Obama wants to use the term it might be redefined. To bad he could not take the positon of Tiger Woods who just considers himself to be multicultural.

Everyone should be able to express themselves without fear or being attacked even if the viewpoints they have differ from others.

Posted by WoW, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 14, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Come on people, enough with the labels! My ancestors are from Italy, Portugal and France.

I am an AMERICAN, period! Born and raised here, period! I am not a Republican or Democrat, Christian or Muslim. My name is Eric and...........

I AM a Human being! PERIOD!

Posted by Julie, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 14, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Julie is a registered user.

Thanks for the info, Unforgiven. I do dispute however that the term "African American" *normally* refers to a person of slave origin. That is only one of several accepted meanings. I think it is more accurate to say that "African American" normally refers to a "Black" person -regardless of whether or not they even truly have recent roots to Africa and certainly regardless of whether or not they were a slave. The term is the most recent in a string of evolving words that seeks to categorize that group of people. These terms go in and out of style - e.g. "Black", "Negro", "Colored". When I was growing up my parents used the term "Oriental" to describe what is now referred to as "Asian". Unfortunately it can be a challenge to find a single word that describes an entire group; one that makes everyone happy. I have read that genetically we all have roots to Africa which could render this most current label ridiculous.

Labels are here to stay and have their place. One example is with law enforcement: the police need a little more to go on than "She/He was human" in solving crimes. It's not the actual "labels" that cause problems, they are simply adjectives. It's the prejudice with which people respond to such information that is the problem. I have no issue being referred to as a "Straight Caucasian Female". The point is that everyone should feel comfortable/proud/etc. regardless of what their adjectives are. I shouldn't be treated differently (better or worse) simply because of which three adjectives describe me.

Posted by Unforgiven, a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 14, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Julie, maybe so but that is just the thought of the day. The blade cuts both ways as we cannot say we are a color blind society when the press constantly refers to our President as Barack Obama America's first black or african american president. He should be referred to as american President Barack Obama period as i feel we should all only think of ourselves as americans or should.

Posted by maryann, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 15, 2009 at 7:12 am

So Frank, are you a member of Obama's thugsquad, ACORN? Are you trying to shut down the conservative postings which you call "Right Wing Propaganda?" My guess is that you include th US Constitution as"propaganda" as well, similar to other liberals. Trouble is Frank, liberals like you attack everything but the facts. You try to demonize and isolate what you perceive as the problem.

Your rant will only motivate people like me who love this country and want to preserve what's left of its constitution. Obama and his democrat congress have almost full control over policies and programs...and the results show it. There are virtually no checks and balances now and this is what happens with unchecked liberalism...and its thanks to people like you who enable Obama.

Obama has already eliminated the "American Dream" for my children and my children's children. If you have kids, then I wonder why you are so supportive of Obama wiping out their prosperous future as well.

I don't know about other people posting on this board, but your attempt at silencing me only motivates me to post MORE.

Yours truly,
A person who loves this country

Posted by Stacey, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jun 15, 2009 at 7:20 am

Stacey is a registered user.

Maryann,

I guess you're not familiar with some of Frank's other posts on this website. Frank has been called both a liberal and a conservative parasite by other posters. Try to step outside of your ideological bubble once in a while.

Posted by Julie, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 15, 2009 at 8:43 am

Julie is a registered user.

"Trouble is Frank, liberals like you attack everything but the facts. You try to demonize and isolate what you perceive as the problem."

Huh?
1) Hardly "attacked" - he posted the titles of the posts (a *fact* you can quickly confirm for yourself) and referred to them as "slap down Obama postings". I've never used the term "slap down", but if it means the same as "putting someone down" then Frank's own title is certainly accurate. The only "attacks" I see in his post are the titles he is repeating from other people's posts (I won't be simplistic and refer to those "people" as "those conservatives").

2) How did Frank "demonize"? You infer that is a "liberal" tactic. Read the posts that he lists - there is your demonizing...and I doubt they were written by people to whom you'd call "liberals".

Posted by Rae, a resident of Mohr Park
on Jun 15, 2009 at 10:21 am

Wow, speaking of "rants" Maryann . . .

So, only those Americans who think and act like you do love this country? What is it that you have done to show your love for OUR country? That is, other than rant about so-called "liberals" trying to "demonize" the problems we face as a nation.

Tell me, what solutions do you propose to counter the negative effects the last 28 years of unrestricted, de-regulated greed has had on our economy? And not just by politicians in office, but by wall street and big industry CEOs as well.

I don't think any god, or demons, have anything to do with the economic crisis we're in right now. Human beings in power have provided the leadership, set the policies and made the laws that put us where we are.

President Obama was handed a 1.2 trillion dollar budget deficit from Bush; and, yes, the latest budget before Congress increases that deficit. However, I happen to appreciate the fact that Obama has solicited help and input from economic experts across the political spectrum. Perhaps if the last administration had actually invited diverse opinions into their decision-making process we wouldn't find ouselves in such a mess. But we do and we are.

President Obama has only been in office 5 months - not a lot of time to turn things around. While I will continue to write my Congressional representatives about issues I'm concerned with, I'm also going to give President Obama and his experts some leeway in turning this recession around - just as I'm sure you did with the policies of the presidents you supported as we were falling into this recession.

Posted by Pablo, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 15, 2009 at 11:01 am

Rae, we have not had 28 years of deregulation but only since we were initially deregulated by President Clinton and then futher pushed along by Bush. If you want to talk about deregulation and big time deregulation you would have to go all the way back to Franklin Roosevelt during the great depression when we went off of the gold standard because we going bankrupt trying the fight WWII. The mortgage debacle was yes created by greed but also really helped by Bill Clinton and his Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac everyone should have a house idea, also Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Countrywide, yes you name it. Each President gets what he gets but this is the first President who does not want to seem to man up but rather blame it on anybody he can. He is making this into a disaster and no matter how you slice it the debt he is incurring is impossible to fund. By the way, his experts consist of individuals who cannot even do their own income taxes correctly and just last week Bernanke warned about the amount of debt being incured.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.