California Will Be Conservative Afterall READ:

Original post made by Rose on Jun 7, 2009

Topic: (&KIDS)
This should make the conservatives PROUD! Does this make sense?
Who is goint to bail out the hospitals when they become overfilled with children and elderly? The TAXPAYERS will! Billiant!!

By The Associated Press
Posted: 06/07/2009 11:56:07 AM PDT

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has proposed eliminating or severely cutting spending for non-federally mandated social programs for the poor, elderly and disabled. These are among the proposals that would have the most profound effects:
— Eliminating California's version of the welfare-to-work program known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. The move would save the state $1.3 billion in the coming fiscal year by taking away cash assistance and job training for 546,000 families.

— Ending Healthy Families, California's version of the federal government's State Children's Health Insurance Program, which is designed for children from families with incomes too high to qualify for Medicaid but too low to afford private insurance. An estimated 1 million children would be affected. The Schwarzenegger administration says ending the program will save California more than $300 million in the new fiscal year.

— Eliminating home care for 404,000 elderly and disabled residents, maintaining care for only 60,000 of the most frail under the In-Home Supportive Services program. The Schwarzenegger administration estimated a savings of $537 million.

Posted by Janna, a resident of Dublin
on Jun 7, 2009 at 7:48 pm

"Compassionate Conservatism" at work!

In other words, they don't give a crap as long as they've got theirs. The rest of us can just STFU and die for all they care.

Posted by Pete, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 7, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Janna,

Arnold Kennedy is not a conservative at all as he just blows which ever way the wind blows and for the last few years his feeling have been hurt so he has given and will continue to give the liberals whatever they want. He is all about big unions and big government but most of all is not a leader and wants to create emotion by things like above. He knows he must take on the unions but is afraid of it impacting his so called popularity. Honestly, aside from injesting or injecting massive amounts of steriods what has he accomplished? What were his qualifications to become governor? He ran on a fake mantra of reducing costs and waste by elimination of unneeded spending but go into office and is worse by far than Gray Davis.

Posted by Big Poppa, a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 7, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Yes Jana you and your Lib co-conspirators should STFU because you're the ones who have brought Ca to the welfare state that it is.

Posted by One comment, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 7, 2009 at 9:00 pm

My only comment on this is that as far as the good intentioned Children's Healthcare aka "Healthy Families", the people of California still don't know that we spend more money in advertising the program than money is spent on the actual services to enrolled children. No one uses this program - but the Democrat lead legislature does not share that info.

I learned that from a teacher friend of mine that was sent statistics from the CTA with a flyer about how to refer children in her classroom and how the money was sitting and waiting there to be used.

Parents don't want it apparently and we should scrap it since it has been promoted regularly in the inner cities (East LA, Oakland, Agriculture valleys, etc).

This is one of those programs that people hear and fear for the children to lose; reality is, they aren't enrolled or don't need it and after years of trying, we should spend the money elsewhere.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jun 7, 2009 at 11:48 pm

My recommendation is for people without health insurance to jam hospital emergency rooms. You get excellent care and you don't have to pay back!

hahahahahahahaha...problem solved! tee hee hee, tee hee hee...

Does it always have to take a person born out of the good ole USA to explain to you how to work the system....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze...

Posted by Janna, a resident of Dublin
on Jun 8, 2009 at 11:22 am

Big Poppa: It's Janna, not Jana, can you read? You must be the type of person I was referring too. I think you're a little too offended by my comments,eh?

Well, you can try to blame people like me, but you voted for Arnie, didn't you? I sure as hell didn't.

If you're lucky, I may just die, but I'll never STFU! My husband has been out of work for almost a year and we've been uninsured since January. I just finally signed up my kids for Healthy Kids and Medi-cal because we are almost out of savings and I don't know what I'd do if one of them has an emergency. Of course, my husband and I no longer have insurance and won't be able to get any. People like you probably think I don't deserve it for some reason or just believe in thinning the heard for your own gains. I'm sure you're insured though aren't you?

Yeah, you're exactly the person I was talking about.

Posted by Billy, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 8, 2009 at 11:28 am

Janna, if your husband does not work and you do not work and your kids do not have health insurance and you are almost out of savings why are you writing on the net and not out looking for a job and by the way how come you can afford internet service?

Posted by Janna, a resident of Dublin
on Jun 8, 2009 at 11:29 am

BTW Big Poppa,

This time last year, we were renting a house in Pleasanton (where we'd lived for 8 years) and my husband was making over six figures. We managed to hold on until January where we finally had to give up our home in order to try to conserve some savings. I'm sure you assume we're deadbeats living off the public teat. I don't like where I've ended up any more than you do. Maybe if we wanted to garner success on the backs of others like conservatives do, we'd be in better shape. But I don't believe in crapping on others to get ahead.

Posted by Janna, a resident of Dublin
on Jun 8, 2009 at 11:46 am

Come on Pete! You guys are just trying to disown him now that he hasn't turned out what you wanted him to be. Arnie is no liberal! That line of thought is just what you turn to when you've elected people that feign wanting small government and then spend money like it's going out of style (GW Bush for instance).

You're blaming liberalism for trying to clean up your mess!

You know how I know Arnie is no liberal? Because I am a liberal and I wouldn't have vote for him in a million years. Ever hear how he met with the Enron (aka Cheney's Energy Task Force) guys right before we all got raped by them?

And, one last thing. Wanting to see the least of those among us have a chance to make it and not struggle for life does not equal socialism. It's called compassion and fairness.

Posted by Janna, a resident of Dublin
on Jun 8, 2009 at 11:58 am

Billy, Billy, Billy,

Well, since an internet connection is the only way to find a job these days, that's why we still have it. Don't worry, my quality of life and the life of my family has been severely affected, including homelessness. You seem to be so worried that I'm not suffering enough. You shouldn't worry, your buddy Arnie will make sure it gets worse for me. BTW, brainiac, the level of income I'd bring in as a SAHM for the last eight years would pale in comparison to the salary my husband can obtain and it would still not be enough for us to live on. So genius, who watches my children (and runs errands, picks them up from school, etc) while my husband sends out resumes, has phone and in-person interviews?

Have you tried looking for a decent paying job in this economy Billy? You think it's so easy? I guess my husband and all the rest of those unemployed just haven't been doing it right. Maybe Billy can give us some learnin' y'all.

Posted by Billy, a resident of Downtown
on Jun 8, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Janna, you are right you should just sit back and hope someone takes care of you and your kids and blame in on the republicans even though we have not had a republican majority in this state since Ronald Reagan. You need to be objective and look in the mirror as to what the liberals have done to California. Pretty big stretch or lie to blame it on the republicans as they do not even campaign in this state. Janna, I am just curious as to what you see as a solution other than blaming people who have nothing to do with California's condition. Would you raise the taxes on the few people who are still doing well to support those who do not support themselves at all?

Posted by Angry, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 8, 2009 at 5:00 pm

One COMMENT WROTE: See MY Comments below..

Posted by One comment, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, 19 hours ago

This is one of those programs that people hear and fear for the children to lose; reality is, they aren't enrolled or don't need it and after years of trying, we should spend the money elsewhere________________________________________-

Dipstick, YOU are VERY mis informed about healthy Families!!!

Over a MILLION kids are enrolled in Healthy Families!

MY child of 6 is enrolled THANK GOD! I too lost my SIX FIGURE job last year and have run out of resources. Having PAID nearly THIRTY THOUSAND a year in taxes for god knows how long, I think it's very helpful in this REAL time of need, to have this for my child.

Healthy families is NOT for DEAD BEATS, check the regulations. Whoever you got your information from is NUTS!

GET A Life..

Posted by Carl, a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 8, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Let's all quit our jobs and drop our insurance so we can get the "free' healthy families insurance which no one pays for because it is free. I never knew everyone had a six figure salary..........give me a break

Posted by One Comment, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 8, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Hi Angry,

I hope your day is getting better. It appears that you don't like the truth.

Since 2004, Healthy Families has been UNDERENROLLED.

Only 200,000 kids in CA are enrolled.

Any further questions, friend?

You may "need" this right now for your family, but when my family went without medical insurance for a year and a half, we got a catastophic policy (for the random cancer, surgery, etc), maintained our car insurance (where our family is most-likely to get injured) and worked out an office co-pay with our MD's and when we needed a perscription, we were given free samples from the docs office.

It worked out great and ALL our bases were covered. In fact, one month we saw the MD 4 times for my kids and myself and I brought in a nice bottle of wine to my MD who graciously accepted it.

Keep digging a hole in our economy by persisting with voting for policies that cannot be sustained over time. When will YOU question yourself and your motivations of self-entitlement. It is always someone elses fault and there is never an attitude of I can do this on my own. I'm a grown up and I would have thought you were too if you have kids.

Learn the lesson now that no one owes you, no government can support you, no other human on the face of this Earth were put here to make life easier for you.

I won't bother you will the trials we have endured in my family since you are already rolling your eyes and tuning out any wisdom I offer, but the point is the Healthy Families program, EVEN in a liberal state like CA, is unneccesary!

There are plenty of options otherwise. Fugure it out for yourself, your family and your kids. Your problems do not belong to me.

Posted by Julie, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 8, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Julie is a registered user.

I'm still trying to figure out how cholo doesn't have to pay for the emergency room visit...do you run out the back door? Anytime I've ever escorted a family member to the emergency room there has been hefty bills to pay - the least of which is a $50 co-pay before you leave!

Posted by Get over it!, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Get off the public dole and get a JOB. Stop allowing the 20% of the population who are actually productive citizens to support the lazy moochers. There is equal opportunity for everyone to WORK.

Posted by Angry, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

One Comment,

Still, YOU are mis informed and posting innacurate information.

Furhter, you wrote:

"When will YOU question yourself and your motivations of self-entitlement. It is always someone elses fault and there is never an attitude of I can do this on my own. I'm a grown up and I would have thought you were too if you have kids."

I have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and I don't have a "self-intitlement" issue to question, as you put it. I am greatful that the program is there, when I needed it. When did I mention my being out of work, being someone elses fault? Your suggesting that I am not grown up? How the heck do you know how I vote?

Your a real work of art!~ Perhaps the Botox is entering your brain?

Stay home with your kids, because thats exactly where you belong.

Posted by Bobby, a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Julie, I believe Cholo is saying she does not have insurance nor money and goes into an emergency room for care. My sister works at Washington Hospital in Fremont and says that this is a huge problem for hospitals with an emergency room as they must by law and morality provide care and not turn anyone away and don't but they bill the state and only receive a small amount from the state (taxpayers) for the services. This is the reason why many hospitals are shutting down emergency rooms. Clinics are the same way and cannot turn anyone away especially illegals. Go to the Curves or around there at I think Civic Plaza or whatever it is called and watched that clinic across from it and you will see people coming and going non stop and I bet none pay nor have insurance as we pay for them.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.