Police arrest teens on burglary charges

Original post made on Jun 3, 2009

Three teenagers were arrested Tuesday after they allegedly committed a burglary at an apartment complex near City Hall.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 2:00 PM

Posted by Figures
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Jun 3, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Must be because G didn't pass. The kids are starting to run wild!

Posted by interested
a resident of Amador Estates
on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Is he a Amador or Foothill student?

Posted by Hood Robbing
a resident of Las Positas Garden Homes
on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:18 pm

No idea. Too young to put two of their names in the paper. Maybe they were just Robin Hooding and going to pawn it to make a donation to keep their education the way it is.

Posted by figures
a resident of Castlewood
on Jun 4, 2009 at 8:40 am

and these are the little darlings that I should have forked over nearly $12,000 to support in the schools. Parents, you need to go jail with the brats until you learn how to control your kids.

Posted by Missy Taylor
a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Why is there always somebody blaming the parents? Do you "figures" have children? I do. I brought my children up to be respectful and honest. For the most part my kids were good. But I did have a son who got into trouble. Did I tell him to do what he did? No. Should I then go to jail? I don't think so. But I did have to pay financially for what he did. I did so without complaining. Teenagers get together and sometimes make bad choices. That is reality. It's not always the parents fault. These kids' parents may be hard working people. You don't know them. Keep your negative comments to yourself.

Posted by John
on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Burglary is a little more than a "bad choice". A kid who's raised properly doesn't even see that as an option.

Posted by Missy Taylor
a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 6, 2009 at 7:03 am

Oh, excuse me. I guess you are a parent who raised proper children. Good for you. John, you are just another p town resident passing judgement on a parent that you have never met. Burglary is a serious crime. Let the kids take responsibility for it. Let me pass a little judgement on you. You're a snob!

Posted by Mary Penner
a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on Jun 6, 2009 at 7:29 am

You tell him Missy. Being a parent is a challenge. Do we know if "John" is a parent? How about "figures". People can be so rude on this blog. Let's hope these young people can get the help they need to turn their lives around.

Posted by answer
on Jun 6, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I am sure it was because of all those overpaid money grubbing teachers. They convinced the wannabe gangsters to go into a life of crime to get back at everyone for not passing G! (I am sure that is what 5,000 Pleasanton voters think!)

Posted by figures
a resident of Castlewood
on Jun 7, 2009 at 10:57 am

As a matter of fact I raised 3 kids to adulthood without ever having one of them think that burglary was a viable option. Or vandalism, or drugs, or drinking parties, or any of the things that you, Missy, apparently think or "normal".
You can call us snobs or any other term that you think appropriate -- the only thing that matters is that I was a responsible parent and it appears that you were not able to be one by use of discipline and setting the right examples for your kids.

Posted by Not surprised
on Jun 7, 2009 at 11:50 am

When you remove an entity for children, or adults, to realize they are accountable to this is the resultant.

When someone thinks they can get away with anything, either because of childishness or otherwise you get what you have invested. When you insert into the life a very young child in a consistent way that there are choices and choices bear consequences, good and bad, behavior changes.

The issue at hand is the transaction an individual makes in deciding if a behavior is worth the risk of consequence. When personal and sprititual consequence is great than the choice of risk, you inherently divert a behavior.

These kids today are subsequent results of years of removing personal and spiritual consequecnces. Can you blame them for trying? They haven't been instructed otherwise - if they had, this behavior wouldn't be displayed and we wouldn't be discussing it.