Anti-Measure G Victory Song (America Wins!)

Original post made by Buford on Jun 3, 2009

Here is a little country song I wrote about not paying for Measure G and about good old American Values. Here are the lyrics:

Listen here son I'm talkin' about the American way,
Where guts, low taxes, and Reagan made us strong,
I'll take up 3 spaces with my F-350 pickup,
Lord told me taxes were wrong

(Chorus)
So I can't vote yes on Measure G,
It goes against my Pombo family values that I hold dear,
Paying taxes will never feel right,
And I ain't payin' for no sissy book learning tonight

Bush and Reagan put a smile on my daddy's face,
He knew low taxes were the best,
Voting yes on Measure G is like another vote for Obama
And he don't pass the Rush and O'Reilly test…and neither do taxes!

(Chorus)
So I can't vote yes on Measure G,
I need that money to buy more stuff at Walmart,
I'll wave an American flag until it hurts,
I ain't paying for no commie pinko schools!

Posted by Payton, a resident of Carlton Oaks
on Jun 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Taxes are the Devil Boy!!!

Posted by KC, a resident of Foothill High School
on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:04 pm

This just makes the anti-G community look like idiots. Sissy book learning, eh? That pretty much says it all.

Posted by Dumbo watcher, a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Wow I am sorry that your life is so worthless that you have time to write garbage like this. I personally am dumber by just reading that

Posted by What a joke!, a resident of another community
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Buford....That's great! You have the time and energy to write an obnoxious song and you say your name is Buford....Clearly you are not paying for "no sissy book learning" tonight. Get a life ya redneck! Is this necessary? We should all be so proud of our politically involved citizens. I'm curious. What is your profession? Unemployed??? I hope Kathy and Kay are glad they have this guy on there side.

Posted by Buford, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:50 pm

What is with all this hippie talk!! These lazy kids only need to read the Bible and they don't need no fancy public schools!

Posted by Buford, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 3, 2009 at 4:54 pm

What a joke!,

My job! When I'm not looking for oil in my backyard, I'm reading about how Jesus hated taxes.

Posted by tom, a resident of another community
on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:55 pm

I am glad I do not live in Pleasanton today. This community has changed from one of pride for the whole community to one of self interest. It has become mean spirited and I say this not as a supported or opponent of any measure or of any city council member but rather of the content and character of these postings.

There was a time when you disagreed with someone you talked it out on Main street. These postings allow cowards and just plain mean folks to hide behind anonymity.

What happen to Pleasanton?

Posted by SteveP, a resident of Parkside
on Jun 4, 2009 at 8:13 am

SteveP is a registered user.

Tom, we're glad you don't live in Pleasanton either. We have enough liberal elitists here already. These folks are just venting here, just they would if they were on Main St.
They are entitled to enjoy their victory over the folks who think more money is the easy answer for everything, instead of doing the courageous thing and roll up their sleeves and introduce some efficiencies, dump a counter-productive union and instead of just using kids as pawns, really mean that they are in this 'for the children'.

Posted by John, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 4, 2009 at 9:13 am

Hey Moron...... Did you see the numbers? The anti G people were the minority. Almost 2 to 1 in favor of the measure. Clearly the people that voted wanted G to pass. Now your kids will just get less in school, however, by the looks of your song you won't care.

Posted by 5.0, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 4, 2009 at 11:08 am

I don't see how poorly educated children, lower property values and higher crime are a victory, check your facts its going to happen.

Posted by Anonymous, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 4, 2009 at 11:17 am

Could we all stop beating the Measure G drum? The election is over, and I had hoped once it was over, all the energy people put into the election would get channeled into doing positive things for our community, not continuing the debate.

It's time to move forward and set a good example for our kids of how a community can work together for the benefit of all.

Posted by Naysayer, a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 4, 2009 at 11:57 am

Do I sense just a wee bit of sarcasm in that little ditty?

If not then I want a re-do on my NO vote.

What a maroon!

Posted by Buford, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:03 pm

I just bought a new gas BBQ (Made in China) from Walmart with the money I saved not having to pay for Measure G!!! In fact, a true American company like Walmart should be running our liberal public schools. God bless the USA!

Posted by Meathead, a resident of Mohr Park
on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Come on! Buford is just stirring the pot Archie Bunker style.

Everyone hated him but all still loved to watch.

In the end we're all hypocrites.

Posted by sleeping with Bufords wife, a resident of Birdland
on Jun 4, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Hey Buford..... Your old layd and I were just talking and maybe we could send your kids over to China for school and BBQ making. They really get in my way.

Thanks neighbor!

Posted by Ceaser, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jun 4, 2009 at 3:13 pm

That is the worst written song in the history of music.
Buford I officially bestow upon you the title
of Village Idiot. Congratulations.

Posted by Privatize, a resident of another community
on Jun 4, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about! Let's take a victory lap! The people have spoken.

VOUCHERS NOW! CLOSE THE SCHOOLS!

America became great from street smarts, not book smarts. Look at Europe now. A socialist mess.

Parental choice means schools for kids who want them.

Posted by DTS, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 5, 2009 at 8:17 am

Buford,
Thanks! :) You make me laugh!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.