Breaking News: Pleasanton defeats measure G

Original post made by Pleasanton Parent, Pleasanton Meadows, on Jun 2, 2009

Whoops...might have jumped the gun a little. Never the less, it will be interesting to see the break down of the percentage of people in support of G and opposed to it.

Posted by Wondering
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:37 am

Anyone have any idea when election results will be in?

Posted by VOTE NO ON G!
on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:40 am

Watch tonight's 10 or 11pm news and again in the morning.

Posted by Joe
on Jun 2, 2009 at 10:37 am

Your best option should be the Registrars site after 8pm when the polls close...www.acgov.org/rov/current.htm

Posted by paul
a resident of Castlewood
on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Those premature headlines are indeed wishful thinking. I sure hope G fails.

fyi...I hand-delivered my wifes absentee ballot today (which she voted a BIG NO) and I was surprised to learn that absentee ballots take about 28 days to process!

WOW! 28 days!!! I thought we lived in an electronic / digital area where ballots could be scanned and counted much much faster than that! Even bar code scanners could do the job so quickly!

What's up with 28 days??? !!!

Posted by I voted
on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Thanks for the results link Joe. For the record I voted at Walnut Grove around noon. The tally was under 150 votes. The person at the counter said they had many more absentee ballots because, "That's how most people vote nowwa days." I don't know if they are running through the absentee ballots at the end of the day or something. Could be next month before we find out then. Bummer.

Posted by Joe
on Jun 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm

They're not called absentee ballots any longer, the are called Vote By Mail and you can register at the Registrars web site, in fact they want you to vote by mail because its cheaper, no machine or polling booths to pay for. I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, that 60% of voters now use vote by mail.
You won't have to wait for the results, you will know by tonight.

Posted by I voted
on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I understand Joe but there are also ballots prepared at home that people hand in at the poles. Why on one measure that takes seconds to draw the line? Maybe embarressed to vote no at a school? I saw people doing it and them dropping them into a folder. I asked what type of ballot it was he said an absentee, I said I thought you sent them in, and he send you can hand them in too. Whatever as long as they get counted, & VOTE AS I SAY! kidding.

Posted by Bob
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Jun 2, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Vote by Mail ballots RECEIVED by the registrar by this last Saturday will be counted after the polls close. Then they process the polls which can take a couple of hours for each precinct to do their accounting and drive the machines to the transfer point and then to the registrar office. Vote by Mail ballots that were received after Saturday, including those hand-delivered to a polling station today, can take up to 28 days to count. Typically it takes a couple of weeks for the vote by mail and then another couple of weeks for provisional ballots. They have to check the signatures of each vote by mail ballot.

Posted by Joe
on Jun 2, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Its not going to be that close...you will know by tonight. Even with the illegal electioneering that has been going on at several polling sites, it will not be close.

Posted by Max
on Jun 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm

It's done. Web Link

Many will be disappointed but now maybe some real work will get started in looking at that budget line by line by line.
What a waste of $300K!