My observations about people who vote yes on Measure G and those who vote No

Original post made by Kate on May 27, 2009

Prior to this special election, I did not know which way I would vote on Measure G. I have read the Pleasanton Weekly blogs on and off and kept notes by points made by each side. I have decided to vote yes largely on the issues but in part because the Measure G opponents come off as uneducated, jealous and just plain bitter. Anyone else have the same observation?

Posted by tax revolt 2, a resident of Country Fair
on May 27, 2009 at 9:39 pm

tax revolt 2 is a registered user.

Uneducated about what?
Jealous of what?
Bitter about what?

My observation is that the opponents of the new parcel tax are very knowledgeable of the causes of the current budget crisis. They believe that a better solution is possible that will save many more teacher jobs than is currently proposed. And that they are truly working to Save Pleasanton Schools.

No on G. No on the Parcel Tax. Wrong Tax at the Wrong Time.

Posted by Yes on G, a resident of Beratlis Place
on May 27, 2009 at 9:51 pm

All the cool kids are going to vote YES!

Posted by No ON G, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 27, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Now if anyone really believes that Kate is an observer who has been reading the blogs and making notes of arguments, please stand up.
She is just another poster who makes no contribution to the discussion except to call those she disagrees with names.
I just hope she doesn't have children because she is not a good role model.

To Yes on G: The 1950s are calling you and they want their slang back.

Posted by parent, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 27, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Kate,
You should read the thread Get out and vote on June 2nd...
There you will find people, on both sides of the issue, who choose to behave civilly towards one another.
You should try to follow their example. All your post did was make you come off in the way you tried to describe the no on g people.

Posted by Community of Character, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 27, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Well said, Kate. United We Stand! Ignore all the negativity and baseless arguments made by the opponents of G.

We need to come together and support our children, our schools, and our community by voting Yes on G.

We need to save our schools and our children!

Posted by Pen, a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 28, 2009 at 12:10 am

Can't we all just get along? Or agree to disagree? Or let our vote do the talking? Or realize that nobody is swaying anybody with their well thought out posts, or angry comments, opinions or projections? No? OK then just keep on arguing the same points over and over and over.

Posted by Pleasanton Parent, a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on May 28, 2009 at 12:57 am

Kate -

The fact you're choosing to vote yes because you think those opposed to G are "uneducated, jealous and just plain bitter" speaks volumes to your level of education on the issue and ability to read critically.

Community of Character -

Baseless arguments? Really? You see no issue with $15 million in salary increases over the next 4 yrs when the community is being told there is no money for our kids? Is your real name John Thain, Ken Lewis, or Edward Liddy?

Posted by Alee, a resident of Highland Oaks
on May 28, 2009 at 8:58 am

I have noticed that many of the Measure G crowd are part of a clique. They all paint their humungous minivans and SUVs with "vote yes on G," stuff. They constantly try to corner you in conversations to see if you are voting on G. Then they all take off to go work out together at Club Sport. Ask any of them about any of the details, though, and they can't tell you. They will only keep repeating, "it's only 64 cents a day and it's for the kids."

As Yes on G pointed out: "All the cool kids are going to vote YES." I have never considered the "cool kids" to be cool. And asking people to give their hard-earned money to the district is not about being cool anyway.

I am voting No on G not because I am bitter, or even because I am offended by it's supporters. I am voting No because I have actually read it and have decided for myself that it does not help anything. It is merely a Bailout for PUSD that allows them to keep doing things the same way. It doesn't force any change at all, rather it keeps a status quo.

NO on the PUSD bailout!
NO on being a "cool kid!"
NO on Measure G!!!!

Posted by Joe, a resident of Downtown
on May 28, 2009 at 9:15 am

Community of Character-"come together" as long as its on your terms, right? Coming together means compromise and that has not happened with the school district. If the teachers had shown a willingness to take a pay freeze and the district had made other cuts including the Supt. then I would have supported this tax and I would have "come together" with you, but as it stands now all you show is "take" and no "give".

Posted by What, a resident of Del Prado
on May 28, 2009 at 10:25 am

"bitter, uneducated, jealous"- weren't these already used by Jerry Shelley? Kate must be a relative, nothing but name calling left in the arsenal and they're retreads. The war is over, No on G dropped the big one.

Posted by Walt, a resident of Canyon Creek
on May 28, 2009 at 12:01 pm

In most elections, a majority of people vote based on emotions, what they have been told, and their political views. I would hazard a guess that 80% of the people voting next week made up their minds once they first heard about the measure.

Those who heard from their PTAs, schools, kids, etc., will automatically vote yes. Call these people lemmings, but nothing different than people who vote for their presidential candidate strictly because of the party they belong to. There are those that will vote no because they are anti-tax increases, want smaller government, or think spending is out of control.

Elections are won or lost of those in the middle. If they can be swung one way or the other, then the election will follow suit.

My opinion is that Measure G will pass, because there is a stronger central organization (SPS, PTAs, etc) pushing people to vote yes than there are those telling people to vote no.

I have to admit that I have learned quite a bit from those of you that are against Measure G, and I thank you for providing us with facts that we may not have seen otherwise. However, the problem is that this forum is not read by enough voters.

Posted by Sandy, a resident of Mohr Park
on May 28, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Kate, thank you for your YES vote!

Posted by No on G, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Kate,

You know, I've noticed in the last few days there has indeed been a by and large "No on G" tide growing in the posts.

I don't blame you for trying to "turn the tide" and post this headline.

Nice, try, but I don't believe that you "just came to your conclusion" and decided to post this after carefully taking data.

I further don't believe, or should I say, I am unwilling to believe that YOU made your choice on how to vote on this measure solely based on your thoughts/posts of others on this forum. If that is true, then YOU are truly a pitiful case.

To describe and characterize the logic, well-reasoned arguments and flat out facts that this district is ripping off this community, as presented by the thoughful contributors to this forum, as "uneducated, jealous and just plain bitter" demonstrates either a complete lack of cognitive executive functioning, or emotive reactions common to you in general.

Further, posing the question, "Anyone else have the same observation?" is nothing short of phishing and trying to start a cyber fight on this forum.

You have obviously missed the message that we are trying to solve a crisis in this school district and not elicit ill-will towards one another.

I reject your uncivil manner in your post.

Now, quick! Back to General Hospital or whatever drivel you entertain your less than 85 IQ with...

Is that the tone you were hoping for?

Okay folks, back to reality...

Posted by No on G, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Supporters of Kate,

Do you always encourage people that are fundementally off course to continue? Do you all often revel in anothers failings to think for themselves and just "go along with the crowd"? Is that what you teach your children?

I realize you want to win at the ballot, but is this the manner in which you want your side characterized?

C'mon, I don't think so.

Sandy, this will never apply to you, btw. You only contribute solutions and your perspective is always appreciated and respected. I'd like to think that Sandy is more representative of the Yes on G side than "Kate" or "Community of Character". At least I hope so...

Posted by Wow, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Here we go again!! These Yes on G people are gutsy! WOW, How can you say these types of things to your neighbors?

Yes on G'ers...you should get a grip...and a conscience!

Posted by Kate, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 7:29 pm

No on G People with too much time on your hands. Relax...Gotcha!

Posted by No on G, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Gotcha?

Right...

"No on G people with too much time on their hands"?

I think you exemplify that very statement by your "supposed" rouse.

Nice work, Imbecile.

Posted by Kate, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 9:40 pm

To No on G:

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Posted by Allie, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Way to go Kate..Whooooo Whoooo

Posted by Susan, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Kate & Allie/real life sisters
Finish your homework and go to bed. Tomorrow is a school day.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.