If you are a teacher and Measure G fails...

Original post made by Helping out, Pheasant Ridge, on May 27, 2009

They are always looking for help at the fair during the summer. AV teacher and varsity basketball coach Don Underwood works there during the county fair. Also some teachers paint houses or in general work for those three months of summer vacation, like the rest of us.

Posted by Funny
on May 27, 2009 at 3:37 pm

You are funny. If you are jealous of the summer vacations teacher's have go get your credential and have the summer off too.

Posted by NO ON G
on May 27, 2009 at 3:55 pm

And people like Yes on G call parcel tax opponents grouchy!

Posted by Abdul Jabbar
a resident of Del Prado
on May 27, 2009 at 3:57 pm

I thought Underwood retired? Wow the guy must be 80.

Posted by Or...
on May 27, 2009 at 5:51 pm

If Underwood was a teacher, doesn't he know about his pension from the district? Heck, since we're giving the City away to the union, throw a coach in also for benefits!

Posted by Mean
on May 27, 2009 at 9:30 pm

You are all just mean.

Posted by Layed Off Regardless of Parcel Tax
a resident of Las Positas
on May 27, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Sadly your attempt to mock the summer vacation is actually helpful news as a number of folks like myself will need some form of employment through summer and beyond.

Regardless of your feelings on teachers and parcel tax realizes that many are getting their jobs cut and will be competing with the other 20,000 teachers likely to get layed off state wide in the new budget.

Posted by Uncalled for
a resident of Bridle Creek
on May 27, 2009 at 10:40 pm

It is reprehensible that some of you think it is ok to use this forum to mock teachers, by name, who have served this community. Uncalled for and mean spirited. Hopefully it is people like you who will suffer due to the downturn in the economy and no longer be able to afford to live here. Mean and uncalled for. You have no right to be calling these people out by name when they have done nothing! Teachers are not celebrities, they are teachers! You need to leave specific names out of your posts. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Posted by wow
a resident of Parkside
on May 27, 2009 at 11:57 pm

How is it that someone mocked Mr. Underwood for working during the summer at the fair? Is it that only losers work there? "Uncalled for" you are the insulting one. To Mr. Underwood and for your venom wishing harm to others. As I see it a teacher working to make some extra money when not in the classroom is an admirable thing. I know you don't feel shame from your post but read it again and feel good about yourself for what you wished upon others.

Posted by vv parent
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on May 28, 2009 at 12:44 am

To "Uncalled for": I don't understand the need for your post and I'm certainly put off by the tone of your message. I come from a family of teachers, many of whom worked summers to supplement their incomes. I was the beneficiary of two parent teachers who had the summers off and we traveled extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico discovering many places we probably wouldn't have had time for if the situation were different.

To call out others on this blog and wish them harm during this tough economic downturn -- and especially wish them ill-will with regard to their ability to live here -- in my opinion is totally uncalled for.

Posted by Another parent
on May 28, 2009 at 8:04 am

I though this post was another one of the joke ones that have popped up lately because there isn't anyone named Underwood teaching at Amador.

Posted by jokes
on May 28, 2009 at 9:11 am

All the blogs and this entire site is a joke.

Posted by AVHS former student
a resident of Amador Estates
on May 28, 2009 at 11:38 am

If you don't know Mr. Underwood I'd be surprised if you have lived here long, or had a child go to AV. He has a breakfast named after him at Vic's for god's sake. He worked the parking lot near the amphitheater.

Posted by Sara
a resident of Canyon Oaks
on May 28, 2009 at 12:16 pm

FYI...Measure G is not about teachers, though many teachers have made it about themselves. It is about the district financial issues, budget management, and the students.

Posted by Another parent
on May 28, 2009 at 12:25 pm

AVHS former student,
Mr. Underwood must have retired before I had a student at Amador.
Sorry, I don't eat at Vic's. Nothing to do with their restaurant, just can't afford to go out for meals.

Posted by Uncalled for
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 29, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Just leave teachers names out of discussion. Can't they have some privacy? I think your post would have had just as much impact without a persons name. Really, it's disgusting. I mean you did not even have the guts to use your name in the post why use someone elses? Uh and no, I don't really feel bad for wishing ill on others. I am not a nice person at all.

Posted by Helping out
a resident of Pheasant Ridge
on May 29, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Uncalled for- Although I meant no harm and you "don't really feel bad for wishing ill on others. I (you) am not a nice person at all." Then if I did mean to harm Mr. U's reputation by saying he worked a summer job why would you care? You should be happy that there are other people wanting to harm people and that are not nice at all. Wouldn't it be great if everyone was mean spirited, 'not nice' person like you? I also noticed you did not use your name either. If you want my name just give me your's and your address and I'll come over there and 'talk' to you about this.