President Obama Walks the Talk with Budget Slashing

Original post made by Ken in South Pleasanton, Downtown, on May 8, 2009

I was pleased to see that President Obama took the axe and red ink to the proposed federal budget, removing one-half of one percent of the propsed amount. I thought this is something I could aspire to in my own personal budget so I could share the pain that our country will have to bear with this refreshing federal fiscal restraint. Taking my $60,000 income, slashing one-half of on percent from it (a total of $300), I will have to find a way to sacrifice 82 cents per day for the next year (perhaps this is the CHANGE that candidate Obama spoke of during is campaign). I don't know how I'll do it, but I'm determined to follow the example of our new administration. Now all I have left to do is figure out where the money is coming from in my budget to cover the increased taxes that California and the City of Pleasanton will impose if we approve measures A-G on the upcoming ballots.

Posted by Bob
on May 8, 2009 at 10:38 am

Obama is a real cost cutter and is someone who all americans should try to to copy. I mean at a time the economy is in shambles from years of poor spending at our city, state, and national levels and when debt is already over 14 trillion and unemployment is at 8.9% to go out and commit to huge sums of debt and increase our debt service by 1 trillion a year for the next 20 years (his estimate not mine) is true leadership and the type of change we can believe in! Wow! this direction is based on his vast experience running business and balancing budget with his thick resume. Oops! I forgot he has never had a job and came from a poor family but somehow was able to overcome this by going to an expensive private high school in Hawaii, a private expensive college in LA Occidential College, Columbia University in New York, and finally a degree from Harvard....Wow!!! bought a home in Chicago for $1.7 million......oops again as bought for him by Tony Rezco who also got his wife a job at a hospital for $300,000 as Vice President of community relations and for all of these accomplishments he wrote a couple of books and has made over $7,000,000. On second thought anyone who can use the system like he has should be able to fix our government.

Posted by HAHA
on May 8, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Good satire, Ken in South Pleasanton, but somebody is going to think that you are serious.

Posted by Ken in South Pleasanton
on May 8, 2009 at 12:39 pm

What, you think I'm not serious? ;-)

Posted by Resident
on May 8, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Obama is a big disappointment. If the GOP gets its act together and stops putting ignorant candidates like Palin on the ticket, we may just see a republican win in 2012 (scary thought, but after seeing what Obama has done: appointed Geithner who can't even pay his taxes properly and let Pelosi pretty much run the show, increasing the debt for programs that do not stimulate the economy, etc, the GOP looks good unless of course, another ignorant/undereducated person like Palin is on the ticket again)

Posted by Paul
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 8, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Resident,

I am curious. Why is it you think that Sarah Palin is ignorant/uneducated? She is conservative, pleasant, earned her way through school (yes she has a bachelors degree), worked for a number of years and actually successfully ran 2 businesses, is prolife not prodeath, 3 term mayor, governor of Alaska, and is happily married with 5 children. What is ignorant and uneducated about that? Just curious.

Posted by Smart enough to know very little
a resident of Del Prado
on May 8, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Great comments. Sarah Palin: B.A., University of Idaho. I have no issues with her. I do have issues with those who raked her through the coals primarily for her Pro Life position, period.