Measure C passes with 72.56 percent

Original post made on May 6, 2009

Months of campaigning came to an end Tuesday night as supporters of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District's Measure C parcel tax ballot pulled in more than 72.5 percent of the ballots giving a go-ahead to the funding measure. Polls closed at 8 p.m., and by 8:30 p.m. Contra Costa County Election officials had called the race with 28,494 Yes votes and 10,777 No votes.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 6:00 AM

Posted by Rick
a resident of Parkside
on May 6, 2009 at 9:23 am

Congraulations San Ramon.........

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 6, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Congratulations for proving that parcel taxes don't really expire!

Posted by Rick
a resident of Parkside
on May 6, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Stacey.....

It was set to Expire in June.

The CITIZENS decided to VOTE FOR a new parcel tax measure - and at an even higher level.

Voters decided this.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 6, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Yes, all this happens AFTER a school board puts another parcel tax on the ballot. Statistically voters approve renewing parcel taxes after the first one. PUSD knows this and is hoping you'll vote yes to allow their foot in the door.

Posted by Power of the vote
a resident of Del Prado
on May 6, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Stacey: It is amazing that you know everything. You know what is the mind of the SR voters. They voted, and they spoke loud and clear. I am undecided on G, but you might just be pushing me to vote yes on G. Maybe you can volunteer in the schools with all this free time that you have.

Posted by Rick
a resident of Parkside
on May 6, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Stacey,

The clear implication you wanted readers to get was that they automatically continue - or that some politician or school board decides to extend them.

I once told myself to not post any more on this subject - as the arguments have all been laid out, and the 'noise' continues. Should have listened to myself ;-)

So, go ahead - I am SURE you will have a 'clever' comeback to this one. Tell me where I am wrong. You always have. Those with a different perspective are all wrong.

Besides, you can carry an entire thread on your own. You certainly don't need me.

For those that believe differently than I - no problem for me. I know where I stand. I think they do as well.

Time for me to move on.

Yes on G

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on May 6, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Power of the vote,

How unfortunate would it be if you voted a certain way not on the facts of the issue, but because of me? That's not my problem, of course. I'm not the subject of the election. (P.S., Less than half of SR voters voted.)

Rick,

Nope. I was merely implying that they get renewed and are not temporary solutions, as some other posters (not you) have implied by pointing out Measure G's expiration date. The statistics on the matter prove this out and it matters not whether you agree with me or not.

Posted by Mary
on May 6, 2009 at 3:46 pm

@Rick & Power of the Vote
What's with all the hostility?
If you don't agree or like what Stacey or anyone else posts, speak to that.
As parents, when you don't like what your kids say or do, do you start talking sarcastically and rudely to them? Or shout at them? I would hope not.
Please stop behaving this way.

Posted by Mork
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 6, 2009 at 4:46 pm

The lemmings have voted.
Leave them be. There are too many of them.
They can not be stopped.

Posted by Russell
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on May 6, 2009 at 8:32 pm

@Stacey

"The statistics on the matter prove this out and it matters not whether you agree with me or not."

Statistics may say it is more likely that voters will pass a future parcel tax (or continue one) if a prior one exists, but that does not prove that parcel taxes don't expire. It increases the probability. And it may only be correlation, not causation.