North Korea MORE dangerous while Obama CUTS our defense...

Original post made by *, Castlewood, on Apr 8, 2009

Surprise surprise. Like a good democrat, Obama's mantra is

- increase taxes
- reduce our national defense

Regarding the latter, he REDUCES our national defense in this rapidly increasingly dangerous world while North Korea (not to mention China, Iran, Venezuela, Syria, et. al.) are INCREASING their capability.

Have you seen the trailer of the documentary called "33 Minutes?" I encourage you to do so and then let our esteemed democrat congresspeople know that they'd better help America prepare...or their precious domestic social programs will not matter.

Check out this trailer by going to Web Link . org and click on "33 Minutes"

or simply click on this link below...

Web Link

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 9, 2009 at 12:06 am

The United States military budget makes up 48% of the world's total military spending. Our military budget is at least 3x greater than the second leading country (which I believe is Japan) at ~$546 billion. The current economic climate does not support such high levels of spending, cuts need to be made, and the military needs to take its fair share as well. Obviously the amount to be cut should not be one that makes the United States more susceptible, but just like everyone else, the military is going to have to learn how to do more with less money.

Posted by Paul
a resident of Castlewood
on Apr 9, 2009 at 6:44 am

Oh...I see Obama's logic...and yours. Give BILLIONS to ACORN and other useless domestic social programs while spending NOTHING on our MILITARY and in fact REDUCE its budget. Oh yes...let's REDUCE our nuclear stockpile while the world is becoming much more dangerous.

Reducing our nuclear stockpile puts millions and millions of freedom-loving people in this world AT RISK of being in the crosshairs of rogue unstable dictators with their finger on the nuclear trigger.

So Pleasanton Parent...did you view the trailer of the film "33 Minutes?" If so, what do you think about it? If you haven't, why not?

Web Link

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 9, 2009 at 9:18 am

Really? Wow.......No where in my statement did I say I was in support of providing funds to ACORN, nor was there any mention of any other support or disapproval of spending on other social programs. The original post was in regards to government military spending, not government spending in general. What would you like to discuss? Please choose a topic (and stick with it) and I'm more than happy to discuss it with you.

Additionally I love your "all or nothing" approach to military spending. Maybe you should take a 360 approach to your fact finding instead of limiting it to one heavily biased source. The fact is there are cuts to certain military programs, but military spending as a whole is up 4% compared to last year.

I'd love to follow your logic Paul, but the truth of the matter is there isn't any to be found.

Posted by %
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:59 am

Dear Pleasanton Parent:
I view your opinion as very much "pro-Obama" and by my definition...is extremely anti-American. It is not likely that America can be conquered by forces outside of this country...however it can be defeated by forces within this country. I view your opinion as part of the cancer within this country.

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 9, 2009 at 3:15 pm

% - it must shock you to learn that I actually voted for McCain. Just because I didn't vote for Obama doesn't mean I disagree with everything he is doing. Granted there are a lot of things I don't agree with, but most of my complaints are directed towards his fiscal policy (specifically government spending). So from a fiscal conservative standpoint, I believe government spending is grossly inefficient - including military spending. I can vouch for this first hand as I worked in the industry. Ever heard of "cost plus" programs? However I digress....the point is our economy is down, spending is out of control, cuts need to be made. Taking a little off the military budget isn't unreasonable.

Posted by Knows better than to get info from an unmoderated blog
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:31 pm

>while spending NOTHING on our MILITARY and in fact REDUCE its budget

Heh.

Web Link

Posted by John
on Apr 9, 2009 at 9:18 pm

With the reductions in Iraq we should save a lot of money. Oh wait, the reductions in Iraq and the increases in Afghanistan, sorry we are sending more to Afghanistan then we are pulling out. And how much did he ask for today for the GWT. Very impressive. He has cut future spending on weapons and systems, Hillary is making friends with the enemy, the next attack within our borders is becoming more of a reality.

Posted by neighbor
a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on Apr 10, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Dear "*" of Castlewood, have you travelled much? And I don't mean to Europe. Have you been to any developing countries? My guess is not. Often I see your kind of opinion from people who have been sheltered in the cozy arms of the Good Ol USA. You live in fear of other countries taking what is "yours", bombing your family, destroying your house with it's multiple TV sets, electronic gadgets, cubboards full of food, clean water, etc. My family has been here for many generations but I have seen (and continue to see) many other parts of the planet as possible.

When you see more of the world, you not only appreciate what we have in the US but you also understand that world politics are much more complicated than "build up our military because someone's gonna get us!" We live on a round sphere (Earth). We have a limited supply of everything. You think it's America vs everyone else....time to update your thinking. The United States has always been the richest, baddest, boys on the block. I know the US gives a lot to other countries, but we also do our fair share of bullying. And we have pissed off many people with our irresponsible foreign policies.

You're probably boiling mad as you read my commentary. Sorry I won't respond to whatever tirade you have in reply. I take a more holistic approach to anger and fear. I ignore it (kinda like a parent ignoring a 2yr old tantrum). Until the child grows up and obtains a certain level of education, it's not worth the arguments.

Posted by *
a resident of Castlewood
on Apr 11, 2009 at 1:19 pm

My Dearest "Neighbor" from Kottinger Ranch:

Well, to awaken you regarding how wrong your "guess" is on the extent of my international travel and other related aspects of my "world view," here is a brief profile.

- Over 30 years of international management consulting with one of the Big 4 firms

- Strategic business planning at the C level with organizations in South Korea, South Africa, Paris, London, Vienna and Mexico City, not to mention many organizations (public and private sector) in the US.

- I also had the privilege of working on several projects to reengineer several agencies at the Federal level ... where I got an eye opening view how inefficient and bloated the Fed is in many areas. (One of my projects was working with Daschle...tho we share views 180 degrees from one another).

I know what I am talking about and would respectfully tell you to save your nannylike opinion for democrats only who seem to depend on nannies like you and the government.

Your opinion of the US acting as a "bully" is certainly consistent with our esteemed King Obama's attitude. You would have been a good companion to Obama as he went on his "World Apology Tour" belittling our nation, despite the fact that if it weren't for the US and its courageous military, Europe and other lands (i.e. Iraq) might not be free today.

Bottomline, I encourage you to read Mark Levin's book entitled "Liberty and Tyranny" so that you will gain a much needed better appreciation of this Country.