Camp Parks Night Time Training?

Original post made by Stacey, Amberwood/Wood Meadows, on Apr 3, 2009

It would have been nice if the surrounding communities were notified before nighttime training missions by three giant military helicopters flying roughly at the 1000 ft limit started. Or at least that's what it looked like that just buzzed over my house twice. Did this occur a few nights ago too?

Posted by bel
a resident of Val Vista
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:08 pm

I was wondering what is going on after hearing helicopters fly over so many times. One is pretty close to here right now.

Posted by Teri
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:10 pm

I think they're a lot lower than that! They are flying right over my house and I think I could see the whites of the eyes of the pilots, so to speak.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

The last one I saw looked like it was at about 500 ft right over Santa Rita!

Posted by 9grand
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:15 pm

some notification would've been considerate

Posted by Lucky Guy
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Lucky Guy is a registered user.

Go Military--fly over my house anytime you want -train, train, train. God Bless Our Troops.

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Apr 3, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

As per Lucky Guy above, I don't want anyone to think I was implying that I don't like the idea of them training. As 9grand wrote, a little notification would've been considerate. That's all.

Posted by Matt
on Apr 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Flight plans are typically made on a need-to-know basis, and if it is a military movement, such info is considered secret. The Department of Defense tends not to broadcast the exact location at any given time of its multi-million dollar assets. I wouldn't expect anything like a notice being given. If it was law enforcement advance notification would also be unlikely.

Posted by PToWN94566
on Apr 3, 2009 at 10:32 pm

PToWN94566 is a registered user.

Here's the article that was posted earlier this afternoon

Web Link

Not sure how much more notice one needs but it'll all be over soon enough. Mailers and phone calls would be a waste of resources.

Posted by Amanda
a resident of Stoneridge
on Apr 3, 2009 at 11:32 pm

I live right by the mall and its been going on for a good 2 hours now. It's really loud! there is 1 every few minutes. I read that article and that would be really annoying if that is going on until 1am. I dont understand why they couldnt have started alittle earlier!!

Posted by Meg
a resident of Fairlands Elementary School
on Apr 3, 2009 at 11:42 pm

OMG LOL I was so nervous because I had no idea what was going on. Its good to know that they are just training! I had my window open and I was freaking out because it is LOUD like really LOUD! They seem really close to the ground but I have been looking and I can't see the helicopters or whatever they are. One is flying right over or near my house, right at this moment, its loud!!!

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Apr 8, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Stacey is a member (registered user) of Pleasanton Weekly

So I would like the commander in chief to personally call and notify me whenever a training exercise is scheduled in my area.