WEAR GREEN TO SHOW YOUR OPPOSITION TO RAISING TAXES

Original post made by John Adams on Mar 12, 2009

If you oppose raising taxes, wear green on Tuesday, March 17.

GREEN: the color of YOUR money.

Posted by Go Green!, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Not Irish, but this year I will wear green in support of a NO ON PARCEL TAX stand!
No to not searching for other solutions before picking my pocket!

Posted by Bob, a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Mar 12, 2009 at 3:24 pm

WEAR PANTS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR RAISING TAXES

If you support raising taxes, wear pants on Tuesday, March 17

PANTS: where you put YOUR wallet.

Posted by Kelly, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Mar 12, 2009 at 3:31 pm

LOL! I can assure you that all the green you will see on March 17th is NOT in support of a no on the tax stance.

Get Real!

And Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Posted by Lindy, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Look for me on the 17th, I will be the one wearing green in opposition to the parcel tax.

Posted by resident, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I'll be wearing green on June 2nd, unless the board comes to their senses and realizes that wasting 300K and all of our time is a poor response to the situation. Negotiate first. There will be no yes vote without some very serious concessions from the union members.

Posted by Green, a resident of Amador Estates
on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I am going to wear green everyday. It looks good on me and maybe some other leprechauns will lead me to a pot of gold.

Posted by Huh?, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:56 pm

This does not make sense.
That's like saying wear red on Valentine's day to oppose (fill in the blank).
It's not enough to think in your head "I'm wearing this color for this reason". People will be thinking you just don't want to get pinched.

Posted by John Adams, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Good point "Huh?" That's really funny.

We don't want to get pinched!!

It makes as much sense as teachers wearing pink for this and blue for that. I heard some were wearing black for some other reason. Maybe they just look good in it.

Posted by henry, a resident of Country Fair
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:00 pm

This is a dumb idea. Why don't you pick another day besides St. Patty's Day as the majority of people wear green anyway. Duh.

Posted by Huh?, a resident of another community
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I didn't know about the other colors...
Great,another thing to keep track of on my calendar.
This town is going to start looking pretty colorful.
You know I grew up in Berkeley and people there just went naked.

Posted by Paddy, a resident of Pleasanton Middle School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Really Henry?? Guess we didn't think of that. Oh well this year all green on march 17th means you oppose the parcel tax. I hope I am not the only one.

Posted by O'Leary (of PUSD), a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 12, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Do you get it yet, Henry??

I think it's a great idea! I will be wearing green as a way to tell those leprechauns at the district to stay away from my pot of gold.

Posted by really?, a resident of Val Vista
on Mar 13, 2009 at 8:40 am

This is ridiculous!
You are AGAINST the cost of $.64 a day to keep children in reduced size classrooms?
AGAINST $.64 a day to keep test scores in Pleasanton in the top 10 in California? School district test scores correlate to your property value. $.64 a day to keep the value in your home.
So, since you believe that the teaches union is not making concessions.
Yet it is the children that will be held accountable.
No parcel tax means the children pay.
This makes no sense.

Posted by concerned citizen, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 13, 2009 at 8:47 am

"Wear green to support opposing the parcel tax?" So you're co-opting St. Patrick's Day for your own political agenda? Why not just encourage people to BREATHE in support of your issue! Seems to be an obvious manipulative move. Please come up with your own ideas instead of using an established tradition that allows you to claim the support of everyone from school children to adults who simply wear green for St. Pat's Day.

Posted by jen, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Mar 13, 2009 at 9:31 am

wins the award for STUPIDEST posting so far !!!!!

Posted by Patty O'Furniture, a resident of Donlon Elementary School
on Mar 13, 2009 at 9:38 am

Eh, stop the blarney, folks. Clever, though, that ye'r tryin' to hijack St. Paddy's day by makin' it look like ev'rybody's supportin you with their green! I'll be wearnin' me some green on St. Paddy's day just so nobody'll pinch my li'l rear -- not so I can oppose the tax. Green also looks mighty nice on me, what with these pretty green eyes o'mine. I'll also be wearing green to the polls on Jun. 2 to Support spending me money in the right place -- on me brood o' kiddies and their education through the parcel tax. Go green! Spend the Green on the kiddies.

Posted by Shamus, a resident of Danbury Park
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:10 pm

March 17th will be a wonderful day to show my opposition for a parcel tax by wearin' a wee bit ov the green..

Posted by Get Serious, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm

I will be wearing green - it is St. Patty's Day. I will also be voting yes for our community on the parcel tax. Talk about scheming - must be a politian, John Adams. You should also be embarrassed - try Friday the 20th and see what kind of reaction you get.

Posted by Green on the 17th means no PT!, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 13, 2009 at 5:16 pm

YES to green on the 17th!
NO to the parcel tax!

Posted by Patty O'Furniture, a resident of Del Prado
on Mar 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm

We'll be wearin' our green along with a wee bit o' pink as an accent(in classic 80s style) to show true spirit for our schools and parcel tax . Top o' the morning to you on Tuesday, ye of the pink and green.

Posted by Paddy, a resident of Dublin
on Mar 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Patty ya been kissin the blarney stone, green on the 17th means opposition to the robin me pot o gold.
And a fine day it will be with all the green sayin no to a parcel tax.

Posted by down and out, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 14, 2009 at 8:18 am

Perhaps those who oppose the tax should go naked to show that they don't even have a shirt on their back! :)

Posted by Kerry, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 14, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Me Irish grandad used to say, "It's no use going to the goat's house to look for wool", and "an inch is a great deal in a man's nose."

I'll be wearin a wee bit o the green on the 17th to say NO to a parcel tax.

Posted by Whatever, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Mar 14, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I'll be wearing green on Tuesday, such a fine tradition-

representing money yes....

and representing how much I support $20 a month to save the programs we have taken for granted over the past few years.

Yes on the Parcel Tax!

Oh, and I'm wearing it to school, and my kids will also. You might have to start a blog about that..."I saw a teacher wearing green to school on Tuesday what do you think" blog.

Posted by Jeb Bing, editor of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Mar 15, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Jeb Bing is a registered user.

We're intentionally giving topics pertaining to the June 2 parcel tax measure and teacher layoffs a rest because the postings have become repetitive and, in some instances, accusatory and hurtful to teachers and other employees of the school district who are unable to respond to postings, most of which are made under the cloak of anonymity. The postings online will remain, but future postings to these threads or new ones dealing with teacher layoffs and the parcel tax can be made only by registered users of the Pleasanton Weekly forum.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

‘Much Ado’ or is it Adios for ObamaCare?
By Tom Cushing | 41 comments | 1,297 views

What about the annual housing cap?

DSRSD's Kohnen Scholarship on Hold

Be a sport: Send us your youth sports news, scores and photos
By Gina Channell-Allen | 0 comments | 202 views