When did Taco Del Mar close?

Original post made by Disappointed, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 10, 2009

I was looking forward to a warm tastey Taco Salad tonight and found the store empty with a For Lease sign.

I know I've been busy, but when did it close? Not enough traffic?

Posted by Another Gatetree Resident
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 11, 2009 at 7:11 am

Where was this place?

Posted by Sign of the times
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Mar 11, 2009 at 8:08 am

Corner of Valley/Stanley behind the MickeyD's.

Must have closed this week. Disappointing they were good.

Sign of the times.

Posted by Another Gatetree Resident
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Mar 11, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Oh -- over in the corner plastic shopping center. I have yet to patronize anything in that "strip mall."

As they say, Location, Location, Location....

Posted by Julie
on Mar 11, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Julie is a registered user.

Oh no! We liked that place. In fact I was going to use them for my daughter's 16th b-day party :( Not long ago I went to the Home Consignment place off Santa Rita and found them closed. This is so depressing.

Posted by renirome
a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:12 am

We got dinner there on Sunday 3/1, no indication they were closing, then on 3/5 we drove through the lot early evening, and it was all dark.

Posted by red
a resident of Ironwood
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:27 am

Sorry the taco place closed---it was good. But went this past Sunday to Bo Happy, the Chinese place in the same strip mall and it was great! Let's help them stay in business!

Posted by Jack F
a resident of Stoneridge
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:51 am

A very friendly woman (Sarbjit) had that franchise until nine months ago. She would regularly step out from the counter and talk to the customers at the tables. Generous with extra salsa or chips. We felt guilty if we drove to that plaza to visit another shop and we didn't at least say hi to her. Traffic (business) was good if not great and we were surprised when she disappeared.

Went in a few times, never met the new owner. Maybe it was their second or third shop.

c'est la vie

JF

Posted by Sign of the times
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:00 am

This was the best fast food around, and the people were friendly. Now we are stuck with Taco Bell, and consequently some extra unwanted diarrhea.

Posted by Sharon
a resident of Parkside
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:29 am

I wish I could have tried it.

There is a real authentic one that I like on the corner of Santa Rita at Valley, but I dont remember the name.

Its directly behind the medical building.

Posted by MainStreetDiva
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 9:48 am

MainStreetDiva is a registered user.

Speaking of businesses closing...I too mourn the loss of the consignment store. And when did the scrapbooking place in the Raley's shopping center close?

Posted by E Blume
a resident of Country Fair
on Mar 12, 2009 at 10:10 am

Yes, the Taco Del Mar is gone, but the Subway next door is the best in this area... and the people there are very nice..

Posted by Soccermom
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Mar 12, 2009 at 10:27 am

OMG, that's my son's favorite place!! Now I'll have to break the news to him. I'm guessing the economy lead to their demise, unfortunately. Too bad, because their food was awesome.

Posted by Downtowner
on Mar 12, 2009 at 11:11 am

If you're looking for good food around there, try Bo Happy. For authentic Chinese food look for the "Chef's Specials" on the menu - they're different than the usual Americanized stuff. And the people are very nice.

Posted by Checko
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Mar 12, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I am surprised because the place always seemed busy.
The owners were the nicest people.
My credit card didn't work one day and the female
owner told me to just pay her next time.

This town does need another taqueria.
Vintatge Hills Shopping center would be sweet.

Posted by Disappointed
on Mar 12, 2009 at 11:17 pm

I found the scrapbook store closed last fall when I needed some items.

I remember an email that the owner (Suzanne S) was going into another type of business that was like wall words...sayings that go on the paint on the walls. I haven't heard anything else since then.

Posted by Pat
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Mar 14, 2009 at 9:58 am

Hi Disappointed
I am a scrapbooker and card maker also and both scrapbook stores closed...BOOHOO
The one your talking about tried it in Dublin. She opened 1 month and decided to close...now all we have for choice is Michaels or Richards.
Which, I believe does not have much to choose from.

Posted by Johnathan
a resident of Foothill High School
on Mar 16, 2009 at 11:06 pm

The problem with Subway is that the owner
[Portion removed due to disrespectful comment or offensive language] is too cheap to put anything on your sandwich. $5 for a foot long, but there is only 1 slice of meat on it. Whoop de do. Togos and Safeway both load the sandwich with loads of meat.

Posted by yikes
a resident of Amador Estates
on Apr 9, 2009 at 10:20 pm

umm...is this true? i ... nevermind