Hair Cutter for Boys

Original post made by Lisa on Jan 7, 2009

Anyone know a good hair cutter for boys? Not the classic short hair style cut, more like the skater-dude cut. Cosmos is too hit or miss. Thank you.

Posted by trekmtb, a resident of Heritage Oaks
on Jan 7, 2009 at 2:29 pm

You mention that Cosmos is "hit or miss". If you like some of the hair cutters, take down their name(s). You can make appointments or wait for them specifically next time that you go.

Posted by Mike, a resident of Downtown
on Jan 7, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Vogue salon over by raleys. Good for stuff like that. "modern" isn't skater style just grown out? dont cut it.

Posted by Mary, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 7, 2009 at 7:42 pm

I have 2 teenage boys who are very picky about their "skater style" haircuts and I take them to Alicia at Allure Hair Salon in Dublin. She is young and hip and always does well. 556-1889. Good luck!

Posted by PToWN94566, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 7, 2009 at 8:32 pm

PToWN94566 is a registered user.

I don't know of any in the Tri Valley- use to go to Cosmo's but I started getting picky as well. Like you said, a hit or miss. I would check out Yelp.com. It's a consumer type website where costumers can rate and comment on businesses around town. I'm sure they have a good list of hair cutting/salon places to go to.

One thing I do know that I learned from friends who are stylists is tell them exactly what you want. I've heard them say that most people are way to vague and expect miracles. Good luck ;)

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Cut your own hair like I do...it looks stylish and everybody raves about it! HOORAY!

Posted by Lisa, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 8, 2009 at 3:20 pm

You all rock. Thank you so much.

Posted by bballmom, a resident of Verona
on Jan 9, 2009 at 8:22 am

Try Julie at Piazza for Hair in Livermore - she is young and"hip"...and listens to what you want....373-9590

Posted by Timothy T, a resident of Downtown
on Jan 9, 2009 at 8:41 am

Why leave Pleasanton?

Christine over at Touch of Elegance in downtown Pleasanton does a great job on cool kids cuts and has been doing them for a long time. All the kids I know that use her are huge fans.

Posted by Ann, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 9, 2009 at 9:18 am

How much is a boys haircut at these salons? My son's hair is thick and curly, no one seems to know what to do with it.

Posted by Timothy T, a resident of Downtown
on Jan 9, 2009 at 11:21 am

Tough of Elegance charges $25, I believe. It's no Cosmo's!

Posted by Mary, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Alicia at Allure charges $20. She used to be in Pleasanton, that's how we found her. My boys refuse to let anyone else touch their hair, so Dublin it is!

Posted by Nicole, a resident of Downtown
on Jan 9, 2009 at 2:10 pm

If your looking for something young, hip and stylish go to Red Square Salon on Main Street. Ask for Rhyan or Sergei they both are awesome.

Red Square Salon
818 Main St. Suite B
Pleasanton, Ca. 94566
925.484.4247

Posted by Deb, a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jan 12, 2009 at 10:01 am

Al's behind Strizzi's is a good salon, too. Al wears a 80's layered, long style himself.

Posted by Portia, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jan 12, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I saw Al's hair recently. Enough said.

Posted by Sergei, a resident of Downtown
on Jan 22, 2009 at 12:00 am

My name is Sergei and I specialize in short, cool, haircuts for men. I'm located at Red Square Salon at 818 main St. suite B. Pleasanton, CA. 94566 925-484-4247

Thanxs :)

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.