Every dog has his day

Original post made on Feb 12, 2008

Muirwood Community Park, the site of the only dog park in Pleasanton, recently opened a new addition--a "small dog-only" section. Set off on the north end of the park, which is on Muirwood Drive north of West Las Positas Boulevard, is only open to dogs 20 pounds or less.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, March 23, 2007, 12:00 AM

Posted by kay, a resident of Jensen Tract
on Feb 12, 2008 at 5:36 pm

Yes, Please - Small dogs NEED to feel safe and have fun. I would take my puppy to a small dog area and NOT the large dog areas - I have seen too many fighting dogs there.

Posted by DobeMom, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 13, 2008 at 5:02 am

Kay -- not all large dogs fight. Please don't give every dog owner with a canine over 14 lbs. a bad mark.

FYI -- statistics indicate small dog owners are actually more remiss in their training efforts than those owning larger breeds. Why? Because a small dog can be picked up and held when misbehaving.

Posted by Lab Momma, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 13, 2008 at 10:12 am

... and they treat them like their babies.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Feb 13, 2008 at 11:55 am

That's right Lab Momma...I pick up my dogs, talk to them, sing, chase them and I'm teaching my smart doxie how to read in ENGLISH! You got it!

Chili knows how to drive and he doesn't drive while drunk, like some people I know. Paw size: #1 1/2". Pudlo my wirehair doxie has a whistle that he can play. Yup....them is my small dogs....HOORAY!

Posted by DobeMom, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 13, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Cholo -- I grew up with Doxies -- both smooth and wire. Good choice! Guess that means one can't believe everything written about you on this forum. You apparently do have redeeming qualities.

Posted by Lab Momma, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Feb 14, 2008 at 9:25 am

You are funny Cholo. It was a joke, as I am taking yours as one too!

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Feb 14, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Dear Doggie Mommas...dogs are no joke...they are clever and frisky, they brighten up the day and freak when you chase them! They know how to have fun without drugs, alcohol and beauty contests! They love ice cream and they never complain like people. That's the way it is with dogs; yup, they are indeed good friends that don't eat live rabbits!

That poor wild parakeet Ariel that the mayor has imprisoned...

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.