The perfect fit

Original post made on Jan 24, 2008

"It's not the most glamorous job," said fit model Rachel Felix, 12, of Pleasanton. Fit modeling is a different type of modeling, far from the high fashion runways or glitzy lights and cameras so often associated with the term "model." These models are the average person sent to clothing companies to try on sizes. In essence, they have the precise measurements for a particular size in which designers base the fit of their clothing line.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 18, 2006, 12:00 AM

Posted by Cindy
a resident of Dublin
on Jan 24, 2008 at 9:30 pm

Have you heard of Vicki Busch Model Talent agecny in Danville. I heard she can book allot of jobs.

Posted by Maya
a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:53 am

I don't think modeling for children should be highlighted in the media. There is enough, more than enough, attention on girl's physical appearance. Also, there is an unhealthy fascination in our culture with getting attention in the media. As if having your picture in a magazine or a part in a movie makes all your dreams come true. Ask Heath Ledger if that's true.
I think it's irresponsible for adults to perpetuate this myth by featuring children who are models, actors, etc. in newspapers, etc. and interviewing them. Kids read this, and think these children are 'special,' and if only they could get this kind of attention, they would be special too. It's a load of bull adults who control the media serve up on a heaping platter. Heath, how happy did being good-looking and having your picture in magazines make you?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jan 25, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Hi Cindy....have you heard of Megan's Law? Check out this cool stuff:
Registered Sex Offenders in Danvill = 8; Pleasanton = 24; Livermore = 40.

Has it ever occurred to you that sex offenders or predatory men and women who harm kids.

Posted by PToWN94566
a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on Jan 25, 2008 at 6:47 pm

I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't Heath Ledgers death has anything to do with this. Maybe there are similarities in people being in the spotlight, but it's kind of inappropriate to compare Ledger's death to children modeling. As with any career/event, there are always negative sides.

Posted by Chris
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:56 pm

My brother is leaving with his wife and 2 children in 2weeks to spend the rest of their days on this planet ministering to children with aids in Africa....Now that is newsworthy!!!

Posted by Alyssa
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Jan 26, 2008 at 9:18 pm

That IS newsworthy. Get that in the Pleasanton Weekly. That would be worth reading. Who cares about child models?

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jan 27, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Pedophiles/sexual predators care about child models.

You don't need to go to Africa to care for children with Aids. Why not do something to help out children with AIUD in the USA?

Chris...are you gonna go and help out....hope so!

Posted by Chris
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 27, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Cholo: You know what, I would love to,and he said to me "sis, give up the race here and come with us" I am so stuck in making ends meet, surviving, the truth I know in my heart, that would be so rewarding.....if I could break away!!!!

Posted by chris
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jan 27, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Oh,and as far as the child model topic, what we don't need anymore of is young girls being pushed into fitting in and looking at careers in modeling...Has anyone ever thought "who is going to run our country in 20 years" scary, I mean youth are all about modeling, music, being an American Idol!!!!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jan 27, 2008 at 9:29 pm

AMEN!!! We finally agree on something. Let the kids thrive, keep the goons away from them. They are the future, let kids have the life of a kid; fire the parents who exploit them!

Posted by Parent/Educator/Model Coach
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 20, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Are these Posting by Educated adults/parents? These social topics are important... AIDS, POVERTY, MENTL/PHYSICAL ABUSE etc... however this is an article on a community event... on an extra curricular activity. It wasn't breaking news on CNN... besides, I'm sure most of these people who wrote this tuned into some car chase recently, or spend most of their days working so hard stuffing their children with crap and thinking TV is the new-age babysitters. Because I can't imagine that educated adults would think this story was nothing more then a quick "shout out" to fun, extra curricular activity, self esteem and social awareness. Besides if you trust the MEDIA to educate your children... then you'll see the result will be just as pathetic and ignorant as these responses. Luckily, I teach Self Image and Modeling and I'm getting my kids a real lesson in life, education and self esteem. Good Parents that know the value in something like this... thank me. It's not all about mainstream industry... it's about personal growth.
Cheers and good parenting to all!