Public Forum Civility

Original post made by Stacey, Amberwood/Wood Meadows, on Oct 29, 2007

Welcome Everyone!

I officially announce the opening of the "Bash Stacey" thread. You are all welcome to come here and write something about me. Go ahead and tell me to shut up or find something better to do. I'm an old hand at Usenet flame wars. So you are all welcome to flame me here and get your aggressions out!

I'm waiting... I know you are out there.

PS: In your zeal, please ensure that your posts do not violate this website's Terms of Use Web Link

Posted by I wished I lived on Singletree
a resident of Southeast Pleasanton
on Oct 29, 2007 at 5:04 pm

I see you raised the ire of the Singletree community by first expressing no opinion, some facts, and then some more facts.

What kind of trouble-maker do you think you are, anyways? You deserve to be flamed!

Posted by I wished I lived on Singletree
a resident of Southeast Pleasanton
on Oct 29, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 30, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I wish I lived on Singletree,

I don't think it is the Singletree community, but a single person posting under different aliases who keeps misspelling my name. Note in the discussion on elderly care that the person didn't even have anything to say about elderly care before writing about me. Seems like everything this person accuses me of they are doing themselves. I guess even when you enter the adult world, you really never leave high school.

Posted by Lily
a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on Oct 31, 2007 at 2:47 pm

im surprised more people haven't commented yet. Maybe they are scared?!?!?!

Its true you've posted in many forums, and at one point took what i said complety out of context and twisted my words a bit.

BUT you're rebuttals and 'devil's adovate' role in our interaction encouraged me to re-think what i say and how i say it.

On a positive note, your comments keeping me coming back to this website anticipating a response. so thanks!

Posted by Shelley
on Nov 1, 2007 at 11:54 am

You're always one-upping me!

Posted by Mike
a resident of Carriage Gardens
on Nov 2, 2007 at 10:15 am

Some people just can't let someone have the last word. The whole thing is just sad. If some one has an opinion it's just that, why is there a need for someone else to tear that person apart based on thier opinion.Personal attacks are horrible, but it seems there is a need for one person to elevate them selves over others. sad sad sad.

cant we all just get along

Posted by One who follows these blogs
a resident of Southeast Pleasanton
on Nov 2, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Mike,

I did not understand your post completely since it just leaves open interpretation to the reader's imagination. To me it is mostly an implication that Stacey has been tearing people apart, personally attacking, in order to have a last word. That's what I interpret from your short post. If that is what you are saying, that's very untrue. I've read Stacey's posts over a period of time regarding various topics and found her comments objective, factual, non-emotional, and never insulting or attacking to anyone.

Her record of posts are memorialized in print and anyone can review them in light of this discussion and decide if she is guilty of attacking people. Your failure to point out any examples sticks out. I have noticed that those who's views are challenged by anyone in these blogs, they in turn tend to accuse the person of attacking them. In other words, if you don't agree with me, you are attacking me.

Posted by Shelley
on Nov 2, 2007 at 7:43 pm

That seems to be the craze these days, I mean to say that if you don't agree with me, then you're attacking me. That's like "if you're not with us, you're against us." And we all know where that policy has taken us the last six years...

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Nov 3, 2007 at 12:40 am

Lily,

Thanks for your words. I hope you continue to contribute your thoughts too.

Everyone,

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers that seem only interested in harassing people aren't bored teenagers. I've noticed recently an increase in harassment on these forums against other writers. I'm finding it difficult to believe the some of the posts written here would be from an adult even though it may be signed like "parent" or "concerned resident". You can somewhat tell from their writing style...