Debate on Iraq
Original post made by Sherry W on Feb 13, 2007
The city council should be dealing with issues regarding the city such as:
- speeding on Ray street
- the left turn light from northbound Main St onto Ray St
- the lack of crossing guards around Amador before and after school
- affordable housing in Pleasanton
- bring Starbucks and Peets coffee to downtown Pleasanton
- each house should have addresses painted on curb
- draw more business downtown, whether it is through parades, festivals, athletic events, school activities
- bring an anchor store to downtown Pleasanton to drum up businesses for the rest of the merchants ( a lot of family owned business continue to close on a regular basis and that is sad)
- promote "clean up your neighbor hood"
Debating on the war in Iraq will not change the facts. We are there, we have a mission to accomplish there. Our kids are in harms way there and need our support, not our political viewpoint.
Let's stick to issues where we can make a difference. Please, do not divide Pleasanton residents by promoting this agenda. We have such a wonderful place to live here, but if this continues, we will be at odds with our neighbors. Not a good idea. Let's keep world politics where they belong, in Washington DC.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Take Full Advantage of Free Standardized Testing Opportunities
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 379 views