http://pleasantonweekly.com/print/story/print/2014/01/17/new-sex-abuse-charges-filed-against-golf-pro


Pleasanton Weekly

News - January 17, 2014

New sex abuse charges filed against golf pro

Ten new counts involve third boy; more victims expected

by Glenn Wohltmann

New charges involving an additional victim were filed Wednesday against an award-winning Livermore golf pro who is accused of sexually abusing boys he had been teaching.

Andrew Michael Nisbet, 31, was charged last month with 65 felony counts involving two young boys. He now faces an additional 10 counts, most of which involve a third young boy.

Nisbet, who worked at the Las Positas Golf Course, was arraigned on the amended complaint against him -- which is 42 pages long -- in Alameda County Superior Court in Pleasanton; he is scheduled to return to court Feb. 20 to enter a plea.

Livermore police couldn't be immediately reached for comment on the new charges but said in December that their investigation at that point had indicated that the suspected abuse occurred in their city between 2009 and 2012.

Nisbet coached children throughout the Tri-Valley, across California and elsewhere in the country; police suspected he sexually assaulted at least several male children between the ages of 12 and 17 years in Livermore. Livermore police spokesman Steve Goard said last month that authorities believe that Nisbet may also have abused boys in other locations where he coached, including Michigan, North Carolina, Mississippi and Alabama.

Last month, the Tri-Valley YMCA held a forum to help parents recognize signs of sexual abuse. A second forum, on prevention, is set for later this month.

Bay City News contributed to this story

Comments

There are no comments yet for this post