Along with the 150-pound safe, valued at about $500, police reports say $7,900 in cash was stolen from Round Table, including the contents of the safe and cash from two registers -- and a register drawer -- along with the dolly, worth about $35.
Access in the burglary, which occurred between 10 p.m. July 31 and 7:40 a.m. Aug. 1, was through the front door. Police have video surveillance but no suspects.
In other police reports:
* A resident of the 600 block of E. Angela Street reported $7,000 and $2,400 had been stolen from his account in two separate withdrawals from a mutual fund at his bank.
In other frauds in recent days, a resident of the 4300 block of E. Second Street reported someone had stolen her Costco credit card from her mailbox. Multiple charges were made, including one for $5,558, another for $1,266, and a third for $471. A $2,000 charge was declined, but there were 12 smaller charges for gas. The incident was reported at about 9:04 a.m. Aug. 2.
Two other residents also reported felony frauds, although nothing was taken in either attempt.
In one, a resident of the 2800 block of Calle Reynoso reported that someone had applied for a credit card in her name. In the other, a resident of the 7500 block of Nevada Court told police someone had opened a credit card in his name.
* A bicycle valued at $1,000 and a $1,000 set of skis were reported stolen from a home in the 5900 block of Sterling Greens Circle sometime between 10:00 a.m. July 20 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 3; a garage door was broken open to provide access.
Another home on the same street was also burgled, between 10 a.m. July 26 and 1 p.m. July 30. Taken from the home, in the 6000 block of Sterling Greens Circle, were two notebook computers worth $800 and $700, along with a $750 Louis Vuitton purse. A sliding glass door at the home has been pried open.
* An employee of Lush Cosmetics in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road reported the embezzlement of $1,500 in products -- soaps, shampoo and cosmetics. The theft, which was reported at about 10:25 a.m. Aug. 3, remains under investigation.
* Two Harley-Davidson saddlebags worth $600 and clothing worth $800 inside them, were lifted from a motorcycle parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center between noon and 3 p.m. Aug. 4.
* Mynesha Dizer, 24, a transient from Richmond, was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at Nordstrom in the Stoneridge Shopping Center for felony identity theft along with two misdemeanors, for providing false information to police and petty theft.
Dizer was arrested after leaving the store with clothing and jewelry worth about $311. When confronted by store security, she attempted to pay for items with a fraudulent credit card
She was also wanted on a warrant from the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office for burglary, possession of burglary tools, and providing false information to police.
* Ashley Chestnut, 25, of Pleasanton, was arrested at about 9:19 a.m. Aug. 3 in the 7600 block of Highland Oaks Drive on a felony warrant from Berkeley for marijuana sale.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 535 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.