The lone male suspect entered the store at about 11:10 a.m. and took several cell phones from their display mounts, then grabbed a couple of Apple iPads.
When the suspect was approached by store employees, he threatened them with pepper spray. He then fled the store on foot carrying the phones and iPads, and was last seen running westbound on Johnson Drive toward the Hilton Hotel.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 20s, with a medium build. He was seen on foot near Home Depot in the same area, wearing a black hoodie over a light blue shirt, dark pants and a light blue baseball cap.
In other police reports:
* Parrot Cellular reported an iPhone worth $531 and a Galaxy S3 worth $449 were stolen in a grab-and-run theft that occurred at about 6:19 p.m. July 24 in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road.
* Joseph Freeland Montgomey III, 27, of Livermore was arrested in the 5900 block of Laurel Drive at about 1:30 a.m. July 29 for receiving stolen property, violating a court order and a probation violation. A caller witnessed a man looking at cars and called police, who later found the vehicle, based on the description provided. A driver's license reported stolen in Oakdale was recovered from the car.
* A catalytic converter worth about $4,400 was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road between 9:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. July 22 in a theft reported July 24.
* Furniture worth about $4,000 was stolen from Callippe Preserve Golf Course in the 8500 block of Clubhouse Drive in a theft between 9:30 p.m. July 23 and 5:45 a.m. July 24. A leather couch set including a sofa, loveseat and chair were stolen. The furniture had been left outside overnight as the floors were being cleaned.
* Two bicycles -- one valued at $3,000 and a second worth $700 -- were reported stolen from an unlocked garage of a home in the 7400 block of Hillview Court in a residential burglary reported at about 8:10 a.m. July 24.
* Two laptop computers worth $700 and $800 were stolen in a July 30 residential burglary in the 6000 block of Sterling Greens Circle. Also taken was a $750 Louis Vuitton purse in the burglary, reported at about 2:22 p.m. A sliding glass door was pried open to provide access.
* Two cell phones valued at $600 apiece were stolen from a vehicle parked between 5:30 and 7 p.m. July 29 at Sports Park in the 5800 block of Parkside Drive, along with a $250 wallet. A window was smashed to gain access.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 457 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.