* Horizon's Yearbook Group, Itzallana Sanchez at Horizon High School, $200, to create a school yearbook;
* "U R Beautiful" Campaign, Asia Kang at Foothill high, $150, a self-esteem campaign with the goal of preventing teen suicide, depression and bullying;
* "Uncontained Potential" Program, Tristan Maas at Foothill, $200, installing artworks to communicate the unlimited possibilities of education;
* Amador Valley High School, "We the People" National Competition, Adriana Morton at AVHS, $300, for the civics team to travel to the national competition;
* Wounded Warrior Blanket Project, Mikkel Ricafrente at Valley View Elementary, $300, for students to tie and sign blankets and send them to wounded soldiers for encouragement;
* Middle School Chess Club/High School Mentors, Samuel Saldinger at Pleasanton Middle School, $250, for high school students to help middle school students start a chess club and teach them rules and strategies so younger students can compete in tournaments;
* Spanish Club, Brooklyn Still at Donlon Elementary, $100, to promote the learning of Spanish by using puzzles, CDs, Books and vocabulary cards; and
* Bhangra Club, Sanjum Grewal at PMS, $500, to purchase costumes and props to be used annually for the Bhangra Club Performance at the school's multicultural talent show.
This story contains 230 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.