In one, on June 22, a woman left her $150 wallet and her cell phone at Nordstrom in the Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 1 p.m. By the time she realized they were missing, at around 4 p.m., the woman's bank confirmed that her credit cards had already been used three times, twice at Nordstrom, for a total of $164, and once at Champs Sporting Goods, also in the mall. Police have surveillance video from those purchases.
Police also have a suspect in a June 23 incident in which counterfeit $100 bills were passed at the mall. A clerk at Victoria's Secret suspected she'd received a fake bill and watched the person who gave it to her enter Abercrombie and Fitch -- where a second bill was passed -- and called police at about 7:47 p.m. At both stores, merchandise purchased with the $100 bills was returned for smaller bills.
A third forgery reported at about 5:13 on June 23 involved the theft of mail from a home in the 4900 block of Muirwood Drive. In that case, a resident left a bill with a check in the mailbox but later found the check had been stolen and altered from $52 to $352.
In other police reports:
* Police are conducting an accident investigation after a Ford Aerostar minivan crashed into Cole's Market in the 4200 block of First Street on June 24. Police received a call to the crash at about 6:38 p.m., where a similar incident took place in January 2011. In that case, a customer at Cosmo's Barber Shop put his minivan into drive instead of reverse and drove through the shop's plate glass front door, running over two empty barber chairs and finally stopping after crashing through a side wall.
* Notwen James Currycardozo, 19, of Pleasanton was arrested around 4:03 p.m. June 22 for felony possession of metal knuckles and misdemeanor marijuana possession after an anonymous call that said a group of juveniles had gathered at the end of Prairie Drive. Police received the call at about 3:44 p.m. and took Currycardozo into custody at the intersection of Prairie Drive and Foothill Knolls Drive.
* Delvino Antonio Villanueva, 31, of Lathrop was arrested at 8:09 p.m. June 23 for felony possession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia possession. Villanueva was taken into custody at the intersection of Mohr Avenue and Greenwood Road following a report of suspicious people.
* Two potential burglars were arrested late June 25 after a traffic stop for an expired registration.
Michael Joseph Artates, 37, of Hayward was arrested for misdemeanor possession of burglary tools, and Genia Kay Cherry, 31, also of Hayward, was charged with three misdemeanors: possession of burglary tools, possession of a prescription in another's name, and paraphernalia possession. Police seized a pry bar, vice grips, a slide ram and shaved keys. The pair was stopped at about 11:39 p.m. at the intersection of Laurel Creek Drive and Blessing Drive.
* Four drivers worth $1,599 were stolen in a June 20 snatch-and-run burglary at Golfsmith in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive, which was reported at about 5:08 p.m.
* A $500 bracelet, a $200 camera, prescription medicines and $32 cash was stolen from a home in the 2100 block of Alexander Way, reported at about 11:16 a.m. June 20. No forced entry was reported.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 552 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.