Police have made no arrests in the initial set of slashings on March 23 or early March 24. In that case, 28 cars on four streets in the Valley Trails neighborhood
In other police reports:
* A complicated incident involving a distraught woman claiming a man was trying to beat her up, a collision, threatening texts and dueling tasers may lead to an assault charge against a Pleasanton man. That incident took place at about 4:48 a.m. May 4 in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road; the suspect's name has not been released, but the case was sent to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
* Brian Goldberg, 29, of Pleasanton, was arrested at about 3 a.m. May 7 for possession of stolen property and auto burglary in the theft of a GPS, a cellphone, sunglasses and about 20 CDs that were taken from a vehicle in the 6300 block of Calle Altamira at about 2:13 a.m. Goldberg, a known burglar, was taken into custody at his home and police discovered the stolen items in his room.
* A May 7 traffic stop led to the arrest of a Livermore man on a fugitive charge. Pablo Murdach, 26, was arrested in an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) violation in a 10:44 a.m. stop at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Inglewood Drive.
* Kelly Pruitt, 29, of Vallejo, arrested for May 5 for felony shoplifting in the theft of two bottles of perfume worth $223 from J.C. Penny in the Stoneridge Shopping Center. Pruitt, who was taken into custody at about 9:51 p.m. was also wanted on a burglary charge in Napa County.
* Nothing was stolen in a May 7 burglary attempt at Simply Greek restaurant, in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive, although the would-be burglar did manage to remove an entire glass window from its frame. The incident was reported at about 5:29 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 375 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.