Officer Christopher Lewellyn saw a male in a Ford Explorer parked at the gas pumps then drive away and park in front of the restrooms. While Lewellyn was speaking to the male driver, he saw a woman exit the store and walk past, who seemed to be exchanging signals with the driver.
Lewellyn asked the woman over and noticed in the front pocket of a sweatshirt a plastic bag that seemed to be marijuana. When asked about it, the woman admitted it was, but said she didn't have her marijuana card on her, but that it may be in the truck. When the door was opened, Lewellyn noticed a larger bag -- more than an ounce -- in door pocket of the driver side door.
A search by a female officer found two glass pipes and cocaine on the woman. Two wallets were found on the man, who'd been handcuffed for safety. One wallet had two sets of identification and the other had the man's real identification.
Roberto Nigel Valenzuela, 48, had warrants out for assault with a deadly weapon, car theft, threats and domestic abuse. He was charged with possession of stolen property.
Lillie Lillie Flowers, 41, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, marijuana possession and paraphernalia possession.
In other police reports:
* Smoking in the boys room led to the arrest of a minor March 16 at Village High in the 4600 block of Bernal Avenue. The 16-year-old boy was searched by school officials, who turned up a switchblade knife and composite "brass" knuckles. He was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds, a felony.
* A Pleasanton woman was arrested March 16 on a felony warrant for burglary in Modesto. Joni Flynn, 31, was taken into custody at 9:20 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road.
* Police are investigating an embezzlement from a business in the 1000 block of Serpentine Lane that was reported March 15. Checks totaling $2,438 were diverted into a different account. No arrest has been made.
* A resident of the 3800 block of Brockton Drive reported on March 14 that he'd been the victim of an ongoing fraud that apparently began in June 2011 but was only discovered that day, when the man noticed that his debit card had been charged $541.22. Most of charges were made in Seoul, Korea, and Shenzhen, China; a total of $1,620.36 was stolen since last year.
* A box of checks was reported stolen from a home in the 5300 block of Eaglebrook Terrace on March 19. The victim discovered a check for $238.36 had been cashed at a pharmacy in Stockton.
* A March 15 auto burglary yielded three pairs of sunglasses worth $1,750. The theft took place in the 4000 block of Schween Court.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 482 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.