"The awards event began in 1963 to recognize good people doing great things in the community and since then hundreds of recipients have been honored," said April Mitchell, board chairman of the chamber. "This year we are continuing the tradition with more outstanding recipients."
The 2011 honorees are:
* Business Philanthropy Award: For businesses that have provided philanthropic service beyond the scope of normal business activity. Sensiba San Filippo LLP.
* Excellence in Business Award: For businesses that have made a positive impact in the Pleasanton community through their achievement within the scope of normal business activity. Goodguys Rod & Custom Association.
* Excellence in Service Award: For nonprofit organizations that have contributed to Pleasanton. Pleasanton Community Concert Band.
* Distinguished Individual Service Award: For individuals who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts. Bob Athenour.
* Green Business Award: For businesses that promote sustainable environmental business practices throughout their organization for the benefit of employees, customers or the community. Dahlin Group Architecture Planning.
* Distinguished City Initiative Award: For a city of Pleasanton program or project given for social, economic or cultural accomplishments achieved by a group. Firehouse Arts Center.
The evening will begin with hosted drinks and hors d'oeuvres at 6 p.m. with awards presentations and entertainment following until 10 p.m.