A Castro Valley man was accused of cutting in line at Champs in the Stoneridge Shopping Center in front of Anthony Christopher Pisano, 31, and wound up with the last pair of size 13 sneakers. That led Pisano to threaten to slit his throat, a police report said. Pisano was arrested at about 9:36 a.m. March 10 on a charge of criminal threats.
In other police reports:
* A Pleasanton woman faces a DUI charge after losing control of her 1996 Ford Ranger pickup truck, veering off the road and striking a fire hydrant at the intersection of Muirwood Drive and Clovewood Lane. A witness said the collision snapped the hydrant from its base, sending water shooting more than 50 feet into the air and flooding the street.
The driver, Lauren Ayers, 20, was headed northbound on Muirwood Drive and hit the hydrant at the northeast corner of the intersection. Ayers was arrested at about 10:40 p.m.; the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department responded and shut the water off.
* Two Pleasanton teens were charged in separate incidents earlier this month.
In one, a 14-year-old boy was arrested March 9 for possession of marijuana on school grounds for having 1.1 grams of pot at Hart Middle School. The incident was reported at about 1:11 p.m. in the 4400 block of Willow Road.
In the second, a 14-year-old girl was arrested March 6 for possession of stolen property. The girl had an iTouch that was taken from another's backpack. The incident occurred at Foothill High School and was reported at about 1:55 p.m.
* Three vehicles were stolen in separate incidents in four days last week. A 1995 Honda Civic was stolen March 7 from the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive, and was reported at about 10:06 p.m. A second car, a 2000 Honda Civic was stolen March 10 from Tonopah Circle and reported about 9 a.m.; and a third car, a 1989 Nissan Maxima was stolen between 3:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. March 11 from Stoneridge Mall.
Police have said thieves are using shaved keys to gain access to older-model foreign cars.
* Electronic equipment valued at about $10,000 was reported stolen from an office in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Four Fujitsu tablet computers similar to Apple iPads and valued at about $2,000 apiece were taken along with four printers worth about $500 each. An employee left the items to be shipped by UPS at about 4:30 p.m. Feb. 2 and only realized the theft after they didn't arrive at their destination.
* A San Jose man was arrested March 10 for burglary and parole violation in an incident at Walmart. Ellious Nichlan Dunson, 53, was taken into custody at about 5:30 p.m. for taking 28 miscellaneous computer games and DVDs worth nearly $2,000 along with a $14 duffel bag. A security officer who recognized Dunson watched him put the games and DVDs in the bag and then put the bag in the garden section of the store. Dunson was on parole for a prior theft charge.
* A Pleasanton woman was taken into custody on a felony drug sales warrant on March 13. Emma Kirkup, 29, was arrested at about 5:52 a.m. in the 600 block of St. Mary Street; she was wanted for possession of marijuana for sale and marijuana sales in San Joaquin County.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 558 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.