This year's theme is "Taste the Red, White & Blue" to celebrate the return of the 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular. The Alameda County Fair, which opened on Wednesday, will have a variety of shows and attractions for the whole family.
In addition to pig races, pony rides and Storyville, the fair has some new attractions to check out.
* The Alley Cats: A high-energy, a cappella group that has performed at the White House and opened for Jay Leno's Las Vegas shows.
* Hypnotist: James Kellogg Jr. explores the minds of volunteer from the audience. The hypnotist's show has music, comedy and audience antics. Kellogg has appeared on television shows, such as "Conspiracy Theory" and "LA Ink."
* Roberto the Magnificent: This action-packed, cirque-style show features Roberto the Magnificent doing crazy comedic stunts such as riding a tall unicycle while juggling sharp objects.
"Arctic Olympic Games" Dive Show: Penguins, played by professional divers, put on a show about training for the Arctic Olympic Games. The penguins perform stunts such as an 80-foot high-dive and a "fire dive" through flames.
Kids Park Shows
* Let's Pretend Pirate Show: Kids dress up like pirates and put on their own adventure show.
* ZIP IT: Fly over the Alameda County Fairgrounds on a zip line.
* ZOOM: Roll around in your own giant hamster-like ball.
Kids Park Attractions
* Brad's World Reptiles: This attraction offers kids close encounters with rare and unusual reptiles and amphibians. Kids will learn about the creatures in a safe and educational setting.