Uploaded: Friday, August 3, 2012, 7:34 AM
Updated: Monday, August 6, 2012, 7:42 AM
Police log: Cops nab would-be car burglar
Plus, other police news through July 31
|A San Jose man was arrested in the early morning hours of July 29 by a Pleasanton police officer who spotted him wearing dark clothing and standing near a parked car on a bike without lights, police reports said.
Teddy Lawrence Dreher, 48, was arrested at about 2:35 a.m. near the intersection of Singletree Way and Payne Road for prowling, possession of lock-picking tools, possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, and resisting arrest. A search turned up two screwdrivers and a flashlight. Dreher was also arrested on an outstanding Santa Cruz arrest warrant.
In other police reports:
* The District Attorney's Office will have to decide whether to file charges against a Pleasanton mother and son in a drug deal gone bad. The July 25 incident was initially reported as a robbery in the 4100 block of Dorman Road, but as the story unfolded, police determined that the son had -- with his mother's permission -- sold 10 prescription pills for the anti-anxiety drug diazepam but refused to share the cash.
* A July 25 auto burglary outside the Macy's Women's store at Stoneridge Shopping Center not only yielded a $400 purse, $400 cell phone and a $40 wallet, but also provided the thief with everything needed to steal the victim's identity. Taken in the break-in, which occurred between 6:10 and 9:15 p.m., were checks, a driver's license, IRS paperwork including a Social Security number, credit and debit cards -- and a $50 bottle of prescription diet pills.
* Stephanie Alice Ledon, 21, of Oakland, was arrested at about 5:37 p.m. July 29 at the Nordstrom store in Stoneridge Shopping Center for grand theft and providing false identification to a police officer in the theft of four $250 gold watches and offering someone else's name to the arresting officer.
* A July 27 break-in through a bathroom window at a home in the 3400 block of Cumberland Gap Court netted games, electronics and a $4,000 arc welder. Also taken was a $1,000 collection of sports cards, a $600 PlayStation with cordless controllers, a $300 Wii game console and a $150 13-inch flat-screen television. The burglary occurred between midnight and 6:30 a.m.; no one was home at the time.
* Chris Dillon, 46, a transient, was arrested on a Pleasanton warrant for the theft of a handgun at about 3:48 a.m. July 26 in the 3600 block of Old Santa Rita Road.
* Kevin Dwight Thompson, 40, of Pleasanton, was arrested July 26 at about 1:35 a.m. on an outstanding Alameda County forgery warrant in a parking lot in the 1100 block of Kottinger Drive.
* Safeway reported the theft of 44 bottles of expensive liquor valued at a total of $1,783 in four incidents on July 12, 13, 17 and 24. Two men were observed each time, but no arrests have been made.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:58 a.m. in the 5700 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 9:13 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 2:23 p.m. in the 7800 block of Meadowbrook Court
- 2:39 a.m. in the 6000 block of Sterling Greens Circle
- 9:05 a.m. at the intersection of Moreno Avenue and Stoneridge Drive
- 2:22 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; public drunkenness
- 11:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Boulder Court; marijuana possession
- 11:39 a.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; identity theft, petty theft
- 3:50 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:38 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; grand theft
- 12:07 a.m. at the intersection of Paseo Santa Cruz and Corte del Oro; DUI, minor in possession of alcohol
- 3:19 p.m. in the 3400 block of Dennis Drive; marijuana possession
- 5:11 p.m. in the 300 block of Main Street; paraphernalia possession
- 11:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 11:38 p.m. in the 800 block of Main Street; public drunkenness
- 12:02 a.m. in the 4300 block of Fairlands Drive; misappropriation of property, under the influence of a controlled substance
- 1:10 a.m. in the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road; auto theft
- 4:50 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 4:51 p.m. in the 3300 block of Norton Way; identity theft
- 5:59 p.m. in the 4100 block of Walnut Drive; identity theft
- 6:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of Cumberland Gap Court
- 8:02 p.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive
- 12:26 a.m. at the intersection of Sunol Boulevard and Sycamore Road; DUI
- 2:30 a.m. in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road; underage drinking and driving
- 10:40 a.m. at the intersection of Owens Drive and Hacienda Drive; driving with marijuana
- 12:32 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; DUI, possession of a controlled substance, possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, under the influence of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 7:57 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 3:43 p.m. in the 2500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 10:15 a.m. in the 2100 block of Goldcrest Circle
- 11:36 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road
- 1:32 a.m. at the intersection of Nevis Street and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 2:28 a.m. at the intersection of Crestline Road and Black Avenue; DUI
- 1:34 p.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness, resisting arrest, parole violation
- 11:33 p.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Payne Road; DUI
- 2:35 a.m. at the intersection of Singletree Way and Payne Road; possession of lock-picking tools, possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, public drunkenness
- 5:10 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 10:30 p.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive; possession of lock-picking tools
- 6:14 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 1:14 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Blackbird Drive; public drunkenness
- 8:58 p.m. in the 1600 block of East Gate Way; public drunkenness
- 10:26 p.m. at the intersection of Willow Road and Owens Drive; under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 4:04 p.m. in the 8000 block of Dorothea Court
- 9:06 a.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 10:19 a.m. in the 1100 block of Concord Street
Possession of a controlled substance
- 11:38 p.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Martin Avenue
- 10:28 a.m. in the 4600 block of Chabot Drive; grand theft
- 5:08 p.m. in the 4200 block of Dundalk Court; identity theft
- 3:42 p.m. near the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Interstate 680
- 4:48 p.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive
- 3:35 p.m. at the intersection of Black Avenue and Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Mike, a resident of the Highland Oaks neighborhood, on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Good job, PPD.
Posted by unknown, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Aug 4, 2012 at 1:04 am
P-town to much crime these days. Nothing to do with BART. Okay a little at the mall thefts.