Uploaded: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 2:53 PM
Updated: Monday, July 30, 2012, 7:18 AM
Police log: Internet frauds net more than $14,000 from residents
Plus, other police reports through July 24
|Two Pleasanton residents reported being victims of Internet fraud last weekend, with one taken for more than $10,000 in fraudulent credit card charges.
That report came in at 3:03 p.m. July 21 from the 1600 block of Ramblewood Way. The resident said two online purchases totaling $10,850 had been made and only discovered when she examined her credit card bill.
In the second, reported at 1:52 p.m. July 22, a woman in the 3800 block of West Las Positas Boulevard reported being defrauded after wiring $3,200 to buy an Acura through Craigslist. So many people have been defrauded through the popular online site that Craigslist now runs a scam warning on the auto sales portion of its site, advising people not to wire money.
In other police reports:
* Six people were arrested over recent days in four felony shoplifting cases.
Gabriel Rodigari, 23, of Alameda was arrested at about 6:58 p.m. July 19 for felony shoplifting and probation violation for taking clothing worth about $780 from Nordstrom at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Christian Michael Ruge, 22, of Dublin, was arrested for felony shoplifting at about 3:27 p.m. July 20 at Kohls in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive. Ruge was arrested for stealing clothing worth $24 from Kohls, with burglary tools -- in this case, a pair of pliers -- to commit the crime, which elevated the arrest to felony status.
Two women and a juvenile girl were arrested around 5:27 p.m. July 22 in a credit card fraud at Nordstrom. Janesses Figueroa Moreno, 21, of Fairfield was charged with felony shoplifting, grand theft and forgery; Angela Marie Baca, 21, of San Mateo was arrested for presenting false identification to a police officer; and an unnamed 17-year-old was arrested for misdemeanor theft. The three used a debit card to charge $596.50 in clothing. The card's owner was contacted and said the trio did not have permission to use it.
Christopher James Diehl, 23, a transient, was arrested at 5:47 p.m. July 24 at Wal-Mart in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive on a charge of felony shoplifting in the theft of a bicycle worth $135 and miscellaneous other items.
* A commercial burglary at Extra Space Storage in the 3700 block of Old Santa Rita Road netted perfumes and other miscellaneous items valued at $11,719. A lock to the storage unit was cut; the burglary was reported at 2:42 p.m. July 21.
* Stereo equipment valued at about $4,000 was stolen from a car in the 6100 block of Homer Court between 8:30 p.m. July 18 and noon July 22. A $1,500 stereo, a $1,500 amplifier and a $1,000 subwoofer were reported stolen; a door lock was punched to gain access.
* A $1,500 laptop and $100 briefcase were reported stolen in an auto burglary between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. July 17 at 24 Hour fitness in the 4700 block of Willow Road.
* A $500 scale was reported stolen in a commercial burglary at the Dublin San Ramon Services District between 5 p.m. July 6 and 7 a.m. July 18.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 12:11 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; identity theft
- 3:56 p.m. in the 3400 block of Cornerstone Court; grand theft
- 10:37 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Sutter Gate Avenue
- 8:10 a.m. in the 4400 block of Pleasanton Avenue; identity theft
- 11:58 a.m. in the 5900 block of Laurel Creek Drive; mail theft, vandalism
- 12:19 p.m. in the 5900 block of Laurel Creek Drive; mail theft, vandalism
- 1:58 p.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; identity theft
Driving with marijuana
-1:31 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway
Sexual exploitation of a minor
- 10:03 a.m. in the 3200 block of Northampton Court
- 10:18 a.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road; embezzlement
- 1:50 p.m. in the 400 block of Pine Hill Lane; identity theft
- 7:58 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; felony shoplifting
- 3:54 p.m. in the 3700 block of Kamp Drive
- 6:58 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:13 p.m. in the 4600 block of Chabot Drive
- 1:50 a.m. in the 4400 block of Sutter Gate Avenue
- 11:08 p.m. at the intersection of Peters Avenue and St. Mary Street
- 9:33 a.m. in the 700 block of Summit Creek Lane; identity theft
- 2:17 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; felony shoplifting
- 7:34 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 10:03 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:11 a.m. in the 3900 block of Promenade Way
- 1:37 p.m. in the 2800 block of Victoria Ridge Court; battery, petty theft
Possession of false identification==
- 9:24 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive
- 2:44 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 1:50 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 9:40 p.m. in the 2100 block of Cascara Court; public drunkenness, resisting arrest
- 10:40 p.m. at the intersection of W. Angela Street and Augustine Street; DUI
- 3:03 p.m. in the 1600 block of Ramblewood Way; grand theft, identity theft
- 7:16 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 2:42 p.m. in the 3700 block of Old Santa Rita Road
- 2:01 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Ray Street
- 1:52 p.m. in the 3800 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; forgery
- 5:27 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; forgery, grand theft, theft, felony shoplifting, false representation of identification to a police officer
- 4:53 p.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road
- 12:52 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 6:36 p.m. at the intersection of Pleasant Hill Road and Chestnut Way; driving with marijuana
- 11:20 a.m. in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive; grand theft
- 2:35 p.m. in the 4100 block of Denker Drive; grand theft
- 3:32 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Pleasant Hill Road; theft, vandalism
- 9:27 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 6:44 p.m. in the 6100 block of Homer Court
- 3:42 p.m. in the 900 block of Main Street
- 11:16 a.m. in the 4500 block of Fisher Court; paraphernalia possession
- 10:17 p.m. in the 3500 block of Old Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 11:40 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 9:51 a.m. in the 5600 block of Stoneridge Drive; auto theft
- 10:47 a.m. in the 5400 block of Black Avenue; grand theft
- 12:56 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 3:03 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 4:50 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; felony shoplifting
- 10:55 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 8:21 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!