Uploaded: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
Updated: Friday, July 6, 2012, 7:38 AM
Police log: Next door neighbor businesses burglarized
|Two adjacent businesses in the 6000 block of West Las Positas Boulevard were burglarized when a thief or thieves broke into one store, then used a sledgehammer to get through the wall into the next store, according to police reports.
The incident took place overnight June 26 at Delatorres Restaurant, the first shop hit. An undisclosed amount of cash was stolen there. A hole was then punched through to Vista Bottle, a liquor store, with an undisclosed amount of cash taken there as well.
In other police reports:
* Police are investigating a fraud involving a Pleasanton woman's debit card at the Bank of America. The woman, a resident of the 5900 block of Bryce Canyon Court, reported July 1 that four charges had been made in her name at Internet apparel merchants. One was for $821.55, another was for $806, a third was for $614 at Singer22.com and a fourth was for $1, a charge usually used to check if a credit card is valid.
The woman spoke to a representative at one of the online firms and was told that the same Internet address had been used to order goods in different names that day, and that none of the merchandise ordered was actually shipped.
* In a separate fraud reported at 11:59 a.m. July 2, a resident of the 2500 block of Heatherlark Circle reported that he purchased a magazine subscription for $10 from a door-to-door solicitor; the check used for that purchase was changed to $310 and cashed.
* A June 29 smash-and-grab burglary at Caffinos in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road netted five 10-pound bags of coffee but no cash. A window was broken in the 4:30 a.m. incident.
* Jewelry was reported stolen in two residential burglaries last week.
In one, reported at about 2:57 p.m. on June 29, $2,500 in jewelry was stolen along with electronics from a home in the 4600 block of Herrin Way. Taken was a $1,500 silver and diamond tennis bracelet, $500 in miscellaneous jewelry, a liquid silver necklace valued at $300, and a $200 white gold necklace with diamonds. Also taken was camera equipment valued at $700 and a $500 iPad. Entry was gained though a garage door.
In the other, also on June 29, a front window was smashed at a home in the 6400 block of Alvord Way. In that incident, which occurred between 1 and 2 p.m., $1,000 platinum earrings were stolen, along with a $500 ruby necklace, a $200 silver bracelet and a $50 coin.
* A June 27 burglary in the 3500 block of Kings Canyon Court netted two laptop computers, worth $650 and $350, a 47-inch TV valued at $800, a $400 32-inch TV, a $600 camera and lenses valued at $300, a $200 video game console, a $160 video projector, and a $100 hard drive. Also taken was a wallet with $100 cash. Entry was gained through an unlocked garage door.
* A San Jose woman was arrested July for the theft of a 1997 Ford Explorer from that same city. April Marie Carbone, 24, was taken into custody near the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Independence Drive after police found the SUV stopped and blocking a lane. A registration showed it was registered in someone else's name.
* A juvenile from Danville was arrested June 29 for burglary and possession of burglary tools in the theft of about $50 in clothing. The 17-year-old girl was carrying a pair of scissors to cut tags and a screwdriver to pry dye packs off clothing.
* Two men were arrested June 28 in unrelated drug possession cases.
A mother's call to police after an argument with her son led to the arrest of Thomas Joseph Maurice, 19, of the 3900 block of Kern Court for possession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia possession. Police received that call at about 10:06 p.m.
A 10:28 p.m. call about a suspicious person wandering around a parking lot near East Bay BMW in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive led to the arrest of Nicholas Craig Thomason, 29, a transient, for possession of methamphetamines and possession of metal knuckles.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:09 a.m. in the first block of California Avenue; auto theft
- 3:03 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; two counts auto theft
- 3:15 p.m. in the 8500 block of Clubhouse Drive; grand theft, petty theft
- 4:07 p.m. in the 800 block of Madiera Drive; grand theft
- 9:14 a.m. in the 3500 block of Kings Canyon Court
- 9:28 a.m. in the 6000 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 10:35 a.m. in the 6000 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 7:22 a.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 10:52 a.m. in the 6000 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 2:32 p.m. in the 1000 block of Crellin Road
- 4:28 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 6:08 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; possession of a forged prescription
- 10:23 p.m. in the 100 block of Neal Street; paraphernalia possession, curfew violation
- 11:04 p.m. at the intersection of Old Vineyard Avenue and Vineyard Avenue; paraphernalia possession
-12:47 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; identity theft, misappropriation of property
- 4:28 p.m. in the 400 block of St. John Street; grand theft
- 11:06 a.m. in the 6300 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 2:27 a.m. at the intersection of Stanley Boulevard and Valley Avenue; DUI
- 2:57 a.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, possession of a metal knuckles
- 1:58 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; marijuana possession
- 10:06 p.m. in the 3900 block of Kern Court; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 4:30 a.m. in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 2:57 p.m. in the 4600 block of Herrin Way
- 3:11 p.m. in the 6400 block of Alvord Way
- 5:18 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; burglary, possession of burglary tools
- 7:22 p.m. in the 2700 block of Laramie Gate Circle
- 12:28 a.m. at the intersection of Abbie Street and Second Street; public drunkenness
- 3:53 p.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Denker Drive; DUI
- 8:17 p.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness, battery
- 10:27 p.m. in the 4400 block of Clovewood Lane; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 1:36 a.m. in the 4400 block of Valley Avenue; possession of a prescription in another's name
- 6:04 p.m. at the intersection of Old Bernal Avenue and Peters Avenue; possession of a prescription in another's name, possession of an open container of alcohol
- 10:45 a.m. in the 5900 block of Bryce Canyon court; grand theft, identity theft
- 4:37 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Independence Drive; auto theft
- 3:18 p.m. in the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 2:15 a.m. near the intersection of Airway Boulevard and Interstate 580; DUI
- 9:15 a.m. at the intersection of Deodar Way and Stoneridge Mall Road; driving with marijuana
- 11:59 a.m. in the 2500 block of Heatherlark Circle
- 9:15 a.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Muirwood Drive
- 6:40 a.m. in the 2500 block of Stanley Boulevard
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!