Uploaded: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 3:01 PM
Police log: Cops deliver misdemeanor charge to drunken dialer
|Calling 911 to order pizza led to a misdemeanor charge against a Pleasanton man on April Fool's Day.
Matthew Jason Marty, 39, was arrested at about 3:13 p.m. after calling 911 exactly 24 times, according to police reports. Police contacted Marty at his home in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road after the first five pizza delivery requests; although he appeared to be intoxicated, he apologized, but then called 911 to order pizza 19 more times in about 30 minutes.
He was charged with calling 911 for harassment.
In other police reports:
* Arron Scott Autler, 26, of Manteca was arrested at 12:32 a.m. April 2, charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of a non-narcotic substance and paraphernalia possession. A guest registry check at Motel 6 led to Autler, who turned out to be on probation. A search turned up a syringe filled with apparent methamphetamine, more than an ounce of marijuana and four half tablets of Xanax.
* Jacob Michael Perry, 20, of Livermore was arrested about 4:38 p.m. April 2 in the theft of a 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada from that city. Perry was spotted by officers in the parking lot of ValleyCare, near the corner of West Las Positas Boulevard and Santa Rita Road.
* A registration check March 31 at Motel 6 in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road led to the arrest of two people. The check, at 10:18 a.m., brought police to Francisco Vargas, 24, of Riverbank, who was wanted on a felony DUI warrant for an accident with injuries. While there, police also arrested Brooke Elizabeth Saltmarsh, 26, of Danville for possession of a controlled substance.
* Quincy Hudson, 35, a transient, was arrested March 29 at about 9:04 p.m., for burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property and theft with prior convictions. Employees of the Gap store in the 2100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road reported a missing wallet and a non-employee in the store's break room. By the time police caught up to Hudson, he'd already used a credit card from the wallet to make a purchase.
* Antony James Gastelum, 19, of Pleasanton, was arrested 10:39 March 28 on Kolln Street and charged with possession of brass knuckles.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 6:03 a.m. in the 100 block of Wild Flower Lane
- 3:51 p.m. in the 3900 block of Vine Street
- 10:27 a.m. in the 3500 block of Olympic Court
Illegal weapon possession
- 10:29 a.m. in the 1000 block of Kolln Street
- 9:42 p.m. at the intersection of Francisco Street and Cortez Court
- 12:54 p.m. in the 600 block of Rose Avenue; identity theft
- 4:32 p.m. in the 1800 block of Brooktree Way; grand theft
- 8:04 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Court; theft
- 8:17 p.m. in the 2100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; burglary, grand theft, possession of stolen property, theft with prior convictions
- 9:54 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 7 a.m. in the 300 block of Mullin Court; public drunkenness
- 11:41 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; marijuana possession
- 2:32 p.m. in the 3400 block of Isle Royal Court; auto theft
- 3:08 p.m. in the 7100 block of Koll Center Parkway; mail theft
- 8:50 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 6:05 p.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Kolln Street; DUI
- 11:14 p.m. at the intersection of Washington Mutual Way and Hopyard Road; marijuana possession
- 8:36 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; auto theft
- 3:37 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; misappropriation of property
- 12:51 a.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of a hypodermic needle
- 1:47 a.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; public drunkenness
- 2:12 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Paseo Santa Cruz; DUI
- 2:51 a.m. in the 3400 block of Stanley Boulevard; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 10:18 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a controlled substance
- 5:04 p.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Arthur Drive; DUI
- 6:46 p.m. in the 4100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; public drunkenness
- 5:05 p.m. in the 5700 block of San Juan Way
Calling 911 for harassment
- 3:13 p.m. in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road
- 7:18 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; auto theft, auto burglary
- 8:47 a.m. in the first block of Peters Avenue; grand theft
- 11:04 a.m. in the 3500 block of Touriga Drive; theft
- 5:01 p.m. in the 7700 block of Redbud Court; identity theft
- 6:24 p.m. in the 5200 block of Blackbird Drive; theft
- 7:24 a.m. in the 5800 block of Parkside Drive
Annoying or molesting a minor
- 6:16 p.m. in the 400 block of Old Bernal Avenue
- 11:56 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 11:19 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; identity theft
- 7:22 a.m. in the 4100 block of Nevis Street
- 1:55 a.m. in the 4400 block of Hacienda Drive
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Sumati, a resident of the Castlewood neighborhood, on Apr 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Anthony James Gastelum has a prior record apparently;
Posted by Steve, a resident of the Parkside neighborhood, on Apr 6, 2012 at 6:44 pm
Posted by barbie, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Apr 9, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Oh yeah. Pleasantonians figured out google again.
Posted by Mittens, a resident of another community, on Apr 9, 2012 at 9:26 pm
My goodness, sometimes things NEED to be said many times before they sink in. Obama's in way over his head. Yours truly,