Uploaded: Friday, December 16, 2011, 7:23 AM
Updated: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 12:02 PM
Police log: Cops nab thieves in separate incidents
|Four people were arrested this week on auto burglary charges after reports from a home and the Stoneridge Shopping Center, police reports said.
Three people were arrested Dec. 12 after a resident in the 5200 block of Pleasant Hill Road called police to report a suspicious person looking in car windows at around 4:30 a.m. Police discovered three people in a car nearby, according to a report, which said credit cards and IDs fell out of the car when the driver got out.
Michael Joseph Jeske, 41, and Robert Lee Cargia, 40, both of Gilroy, were charged with five counts each of possession of stolen property, as was Mary Margaret Morgan, 38, of Salinas. Garcia was also arrested on a charge of possessing lock-picking tools, and Jeske was arrested on a charge of possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance.
Ruben Cruz Ochoa, 29, of Richmond was arrested at Stoneridge Shopping Center on Dec. 11 after both a wary shopper and mall security reported a suspicious person driving slowly through multiple lanes of parked cars. Police received the first call at about 1:49 p.m. and witnesses identified Ochoa as the person they'd seen.
A search of Ochoa's car turned up screwdrivers, car stereo wires, wire cutters, cell phones and two apple iPods. A separate auto burglary of a stereo was linked to the thefts.
In other police reports:
A nine-foot-tall menorah was stolen in a burglary at Congregation Beth Emek in 3400 block of Nevada Court. The menorah, valued at $3,000, was last seen in a storage building Oct. 9. It was reported stolen at 11:16 a.m. Dec. 9; a door may have been left unlocked.
A residential burglary in the 3400 block of Cornerstone Court netted a $1,000 Gateway laptop and a $1,000 central processing unit. The burglary, which occurred between 5:15 p.m. Dec. 5 and 8:05 a.m. Dec. 6, also yielded $230 cash and keys.
Marquise Deshean Ceasar-Smith, 23, faces a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon after a report from a woman at Stoneridge Mall. Police detected the odor of marijuana from Ceasar-Smith's car during a subsequent stop and a search led to the weapons charge.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 2:21 a.m. in the 2300 block of Meadowlark Drive; possession of stolen property, public drunkenness
- 9:26 a.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive; auto theft
- 4:23 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall road; petty theft
- 5:19 p.m. in the 6600 block of Koll Center Parkway; petty theft, possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 5:32 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; forgery
- 8:25 a.m. in the 3400 block of Cornerstone Court
- 3:04 p.m. in the 1100 block of Blanc Court
Carrying a concealed weapon
- 1:26 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 5:55 p.m. in the 4500 block of Pleasanton Avenue
- 11:41 p.m. in the 5800 block of Valley Avenue
- 7:58 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court; grand theft
- 2:49 p.m. in the 4100 block of Moller Drive; forgery
- 3:52 p.m. in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue; grand theft, identity theft
- 4:30 p.m. in the 4400 block of Tosca Court; grand theft, petty theft
- 6:15 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; forgery
- 2:56 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; identity theft
- 7:17 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 8:31 p.m. in the 7500 block of Owens Drive; theft
- 2:53 p.m. in the 3000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1:02 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 3:16 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 3:32 p.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Ascot Court
- 2:41 p.m. in the 3000 block of Tonopah Circle
- 3:23 p.m. in the 5100 block of Monaco Drive
- 8:21 a.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; petty theft
- 9:13 a.m. in the 2100 block of Pamezia Court; identity theft
- 11:41 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; petty theft
- 1:48 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 10:15 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; petty theft
- 11:16 a.m. in the 3400 block of Nevada Court
- 12:22 p.m. in the 6000 block of Gibraltar Drive
- 11:32 a.m. in the 100 block of Valley Avenue
- 8:20 p.m. in the 3600 block of Cameron Avenue
- 5:37 p.m. in the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive
- 12:48 p.m. in the 4300 block of Black Avenue
- 1:49 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Stoneridge Drive
- 7:59 p.m. at the intersection of Via di Salerno and Vantini Way
- 10:34 a.m. in the 1800 block of Harvest Drive; petty theft
- 10:45 a.m. in the 3800 block of Pinot Court; identity theft
- 5:34 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft
- 7:36 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall road; grand theft
- 5:44 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 5:54 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:29 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 1:17 p.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive; battery, vandalism
- 2:07 a.m. at the intersection of I-580 and Santa Rita Road
- 1:02 p.m. at the intersection of Black Avenue and Hopyard Road
- 10:58 a.m. in the 5300 block of Sonoma Drive; theft
- 1:49 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; possession of stolen property, lock picking, auto burglary
- 4:40 p.m. in the 5800 block of Sterling Greens Circle; identity theft
- 6:54 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft, petty theft
- 1:24 a.m. in the 2200 block of Segundo Court; false imprisonment, brandishing a weapon
- 9:39 p.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 1:45 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto burglary, vandalism
- 12:01 a.m. in the 7300 block of Elmwood Circle
- 8:36 a.m. in the 4200 block of Dundalk Court
- 12:27 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Stoneridge Drive; public drunkenness
- 1:11 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Black Avenue; public drunkenness
- 2:54 a.m. in the 3100 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 4 a.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 11:16 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of a prescription in another's name
- 4:29 a.m. in the 5200 block of Pleasant Hill Road; petty theft, possession of stolen property, lock picking, possession of a non-narcotic
- 10:53 a.m. in the 5100 block of Case Avenue; grand theft
- 4:41 p.m. in the 5000 block of Owens Drive; grand theft
- 10:47 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; grand theft
- 7:25 a.m. at the intersection of I-580 and El Charro Road
- 10:54 a.m. in the 8000 block of Canyon Creek Circle
- 12:45 a.m. in the 6800 block of Santa Rita Road
- 5:26 p.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue; marijuana possession
- 10:18 a.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1:47 p.m. in the 5000 block of Hillcrest Way
- 4 p.m. in the 5700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Resident, a resident of the Stoneridge neighborhood, on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm
Live near Pleasant Hill Road/Muirwood. I notice we have a lot of door to door people in the neighborhood between 2 and 3 pm when many people are at work and kids are not home from school yet. I don't open the door for any of them. They still knock and ring the bell despite the no soliciting sign. Either they can't read or don't know what that means. They comment on our security cameras, I hear everything they say. Some of these people are extremely rude. It seems it's my fault I won't open the door, buy their product/service, I must owe them my time, and they are on my property. These people will intimidate your children, so please advise them to call the police if they don't feel safe. These people are creepy.
Can anyone tell me what these people are trying to sell? I'm thinking they are just scoping out the neighborhood to come back and commit crimes later. I heard noises outside around 2-3 am on Monday night but could not determine where they were and what they might be doing.
Posted by M, a resident of the Vintage Hills Elementary School neighborhood, on Dec 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm
Resident-- YOU should call the cops if they're creepy and you're hearing noises at all times of the day/night. They'll come out and talk to the doorknockers and goodness knows what they'll find!
Posted by Daniel, a resident of the Downtown neighborhood, on Dec 24, 2011 at 5:11 am
Props to two groups: The police for their diligence and the citizens who call this stuff in! Keep up the good work everyone!
Posted by Q. DO they need a permit?, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Jan 2, 2012 at 12:02 pm
Just wondering if there is a permit needed to solicit? Editor? Anyone?
I live in a PUD, with No Soliciting signs at the entrance.
Seems many of these people are "casing" the area, trying doors, etc. Most do NOT come from our city. I had one come into my side yard, despite the gate and the Beware of Dog sign. Set the dogs barking.
Did call the police, and they said they'd respond. Don't know what happened...
What can you do? Don't buy from these strangers. And call police right away. If nothing else it helps establish a pattern.
I also suggest you take a cell phone or camera to the door and get a picture, so if something happens you'll have a better image of them. And note unusual vehicles on your street.
Posted by Fanny, a resident of the Foothill Farms neighborhood, on Jan 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm
Two days ago, a couple of Mormons trespassed up my sidewalk and rang my doorbell. How creepy is that?