Uploaded: Friday, March 15, 2013, 7:17 AM
Updated: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 9:03 AM
ValleyCare doctor charged with domestic violence
Plus, other Pleasanton police news through March 12
|A Pleasanton doctor was arrested March 6 on two felony charges.
William H. Phillips Jr., 58, was arrested after police received a call to his home in the first block of Eaglet Court at about 1:39 p.m.
He was taken into custody and placed under arrest at about 2:53 p.m. on felony counts of domestic assault and threats. Phillips is a doctor who practices at ValleyCare Medical Center and has offices at 5575 West Las Positas Blvd. in Pleasanton. He specializes in obstetrics and gynecology.
No additional information about the incident leading to the arrest was available.
In other police reports:
* Two men were arrested March 9 in shoplifting incidents at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Alejandro Alag Malicdem, 47, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 4:20 p.m. for burglary at both Macy's Womens and Macy's Mens. Assorted clothing worth nearly $1,000 was stolen and Malicdem was arrested for burglary because he entered the stores with intent to steal. He was spotted by surveillance, who saw him leave a dressing room with fewer items than he entered with, and watched him place items in a bag while he was shopping.
Kevin Wilhite, 18, of Castro Valley, was arrested for felony shoplifting after an attempted getaway from Macy's Mens. Wilhite left a dressing room with a pair of white pants underneath his brown shorts, and with the collar of a shirt visible beneath his sweatshirt. Wilhite was arrested at the intersection of Foothill Road and Canyon Way at about 6:05 p.m. when he was spotted by police after a pursuit by a Macy's security guard.
* Luis Antonio Mendez, 36, a transient, was arrested at about 4:57 a.m. March 6 for several felony counts of burglary, threats and stalking, and a misdemeanor count of violating a protective order.
* Two Pleasanton men were arrested for auto theft about an hour apart on March 11 for taking vehicles from relatives without permission.
Ryan Jay Plummer, 35, was arrested at about 2:45 a.m.; Michael Anthony Maines, 23, was arrested at about 3:53 a.m.
* A 16-year-old male was arrested at Amador Valley High School at about 3:11 p.m. March 8 for possession of a pocket knife. The juvenile's name was withheld because of his age.
* An auto burglary at Chateau Electric in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle netted nearly $3,500 in sodium lamps -- 156 lamps in all -- and nearly $2,000 worth of ballasts, which are used in lighting. The theft occurred between midnight Feb. 5 and midnight March 4 and was reported on March 7; a pry tool was used to open the vehicle.
* Thousands of dollars worth of electronics were stolen from a car parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center on March 7. The vehicle's window was smashed and two laptops worth $1,000 apiece were stolen, along with two $800 iPads, a briefcase valued at $130, and a $20 wallet. The break-in occurred at about 5:34 p.m.
* A $1,000 welder, an electric saw valued at $400, and a $300 tank of compressed gas were stolen from a garage of a home in the 5100 block of Springdale Avenue in a burglary reported at 7:39 a.m. March 11. There was no sign of forced entry.
* Camping equipment worth a total of about $1,000 was stolen from a home in the 4800 block of Harrison Street in a March 9 residential burglary. The equipment was stolen from a locked cabinet in the carport area of the home, which had been pried open.
* A March 10 burglary at the Sheraton Hotel in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road netted diamond earrings valued at $400, a $400 iPad, a $300 cell phone and a $200 backpack. The break-in was reported at about 11:03 a.m., when the guest discovered the door to his room had been left ajar.
* A small donation box with about $150 cash was stolen in a burglary reported at about 7:03 a.m. March 9 at Western Saddlery in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle.
* Two Pleasanton residents reported being victims of fraud in recent days.
In one, two transfers, one for $8,000 and one for $4,000, were made from investment accounts owned by a resident of the 8200 block of Fondray Court without his knowledge or permission. One transfer occurred Feb. 16, and the second was March 1. The fraud was discovered when the victim was contacted by someone from one of the investment firms and it was reported at about 10:13 a.m. March 11.
In the other, reported at about 8:31 p.m. March 6 in the 3000 block of Casadero Court, a victim reported accounts were opened in his name, but only one had any charges, an account at Walmart, which charged $394.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 11:46 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive; fraud
- 7:49 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; auto theft
- 8:31 p.m. in the 3000 block of Casadero Court; fraud
- 3:55 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 8:15 a.m. in the 4300 block of Payne Road
- 7:20 a.m. in the 4000 block of Suffolk Way
- 7:52 a.m. in the 5600 block of Black Avenue
- 3:26 p.m. in the 3500 block of Kirkaldy Avenue
- 9:36 p.m. at the intersection of Greenwood Road and Black Avenue
- 1:38 a.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 1:48 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of marijuana
- 12:45 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:42 p.m. in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle
- 6:32 p.m.in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:53 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 10:46 a.m. at the intersection of Holly Circle and Kamp Drive
- 7:19 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 12:48 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; bicycle theft
- 7:27 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:13 a.m. in the 5500 block of Johnson Drive
- 3:12 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive
- 3:11 p.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 2:23 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8 a.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 7:07 p.m. at Olivia Court
- 8:23 p.m. at the intersection of Joshua Court and Muirwood Drive; driving with marijuana
- 10:18 p.m. at the intersection of Apache Drive and Crow Court; DUI
- 12:24 p.m. in the 4800 block of Harrison Street; bicycle theft
- 3:39 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:20 p.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive; bicycle theft
- 5:58 p.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road; shoplifting
- 6:04 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:03 a.m. in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle; commercial burglary
- 1:04 p.m. in the 4800 block of Harrison Street
- 1:22 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Kolln Street; DUI
- 9 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 2:32 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; bicycle theft
- 5:59 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:36 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:03 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; residential burglary
- 1:32 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Sunol Boulevard; DUI
- 8:13 a.m. at the intersection of Owens Drive and Johnson Drive; driving with marijuana
- 5:46 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Black Avenue; public drunkenness
- 2:38 a.m. in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way; auto theft
- 9:14 a.m. in the 3300 block of Smoketree Commons; fraud
- 10:13 a.m. in the 8200 block of Fondray Court; fraud
- 7:39 a.m. in the 5100 block of Springdale Avenue; residential burglary
- 4:22 a.m. in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way
- 12:50 p.m. in the 3400 block of Touriga Drive
- 9:10 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 11:10 a.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road
- 12:37 p.m. in the 3700 block of Vineyard Avenue; fraud
- 9:18 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle; residential burglary
- 9:52 a.m. in the 2600 block of Minton Court
- 11:54 a.m. at the intersection of Harvest Circle and Summer Court
- 11:56 a.m. at Norton Way
- 8:30 p.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Valley Trails
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!