Uploaded: Friday, February 1, 2013, 7:43 AM
Pittsburg man busted for ID theft
Plus, other Pleasanton police actions through Jan. 29
|Jerry Michael Beaman, 47, of Pittsburg was arrested by Pleasanton police Monday for identity theft and receiving stolen property in an incident that began with a report of a suspicious vehicle.
Beaman was stopped for a broken license plate light in the parking lot of the Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn in the 5300 block of Owens Court.
During the stop, Beaman has found to have a woman's license in his pocket; the woman, from Pacifica, had been the victim of an auto burglary a week prior, according to police reports.
More driver's licenses and other documents with Beaman's name and photo were found in the car and a search of his room turned up drug paraphernalia and more credit cards, a total of 11, with two driver's licenses and other miscellaneous documents also seized in the search.
Beaman was also arrested for methamphetamine possession and paraphernalia possession. He was arrested at about 12:26 a.m. Jan. 28.
In other police reports:
* Dexter Lekelbin Jones, 47, of San Jose was arrested at about 2:30 a.m. Jan. 21 for possession of methamphetamine for sale and paraphernalia possession. A traffic stop led to a search of Jones, which turned up 2.1 grams of methamphetamine, a scale, two unused plastic bags and a scoop, along with two pipes.
* Helen Chan, 25, of Sacramento was arrested for obtaining labor by false pretenses and presenting false identification to police after she gave false information to avoid paying for medical care. She was arrested at about 5:07 a.m. Jan. 24 at ValleyCare Medical Center in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard.
* Jeffrey Ronald Taylor, 47, of Oakland was arrested for burglary and a parole violation in a 3:10 p.m. Jan. 29 incident at Nordstrom in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
Taylor was spotted in men's department on closed circuit TV, where loss prevention saw him put two pair of sunglasses in his bag and watched as he took three jackets and put them in a bag. He put his bags down near the entrance and left the store, but came back a few minutes later, grabbed the bags and ran. Taylor was caught by Nordstrom security in the parking lot with seven polo shirts worth $626.50, three jackets worth $505, three pair of sunglasses worth $440, and three sweaters worth $330.
* Timothy J. Davis, 34, of Emeryville was arrested for burglary at Hollister in the Stoneridge Shopping Center on Jan. 26. Davis took four bottles of cologne worth $200, two bottles of lotion worth $56, and two bottles of perfume worth $60. Davis was taken into custody at about 1:39 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; he was arrested on a charge of commercial burglary and admitted he came to the mall to shoplift.
* Brian James Goncalves, 29, a transient, was arrested for felony shoplifting and petty theft at about 10:29 a.m. Jan. 24 in the theft of a $1.59 disposable lighter at Vista Bottle Shop in the 6100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard. Goncalves had at least three prior arrests, which bumped the arrest to a felony.
* A gold and diamond ring valued at $1,000 was reported stolen from a home in the 300 block of Rose Avenue between midnight Jan. 23 and 8 p.m. Jan 26.
* An unlocked garage door in the 7400 block of Alder Court led to the theft of a $2,000 laptop, a $250 purse and prescription drugs valued at $30. The theft occurred between 9 p.m. Jan. 24 and 7 a.m. Jan. 25.
* A $2,000 laptop and a $500 laptop were stolen from Colliers Parrish International office in the 5000 block of Hopyard Road in a burglary that was reported at about 8:13 a.m. Jan. 28. Entry was made by breaking a window, which was valued at $500.
* A $500 laptop, a $400 Coach handbag, $1,000 in miscellaneous women's clothing, $100 cash, a $50 woman's watch , a $20 pocket watch and $10 sunglasses were stolen in a Jan. 24 burglary at a home in the 1900 block of Rheem Drive. The burglary took place between 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.; a rear sliding glass door had been left unlocked.
* Tools worth $259 and a $10 radio were stolen from a home in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue between 5:20 p.m. Jan. 22 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 23; a sliding glass door provided access to the home.
* A bike worth $185 and a scooter worth $39 were taken in a residential burglary in the 3400 block of Andrews Avenue. The renter found the garage that he shares with a neighbor had been opened.
* Catalytic converters worth about $4,200 were stolen from an SUV parked outside a home in the 4500 block of Eull Court between 3 p.m. Jan. 25 and 7:30 a.m. Jan. 29.
In a second similar theft, a catalytic converter worth $1,000 was stolen from an SUV parked in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Way between 11 p.m. Jan. 25 and 3 a.m. Jan. 26. Catalytic converters contain precious metals and are accepted by junkyards for quick cash.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:24 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue
- 3:15 p.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 7:51 a.m. in the 4900 block of Johnson Avenue
- 9:48 p.m. in the 5400 block of Cameo Court
Under the influence of a controlled substance
- 11:04 p.m. at the intersection of Koll Center Drive and Bernal Avenue
- 4:23 a.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; fraud
- 8:39 a.m. in the 4400 block of Neal Court; fraud
- 10:29 a.m. in the 6000 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; shoplifting
- 3:09 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:45 p.m. in the 1900 block of Rheem Drive
- 2:38 p.m. in the 4600 block of Ross Gate Way
- 7:07 a.m. in the 5500 block of Pleasant Hill Road
- 7:09 a.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 11:36 p.m. at the intersection of Stanley Boulevard and Valley Avenue
- 9:53 a.m. in the 4400 block of Seminole Way; fraud
- 7:49 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 7:48 a.m. in the 7400 block of Alder Court
- 9:07 p.m. in the 9100 block of Olson Court
- 5:03 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Stanley Boulevard
- 9:29 a.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive
- 10:38 a.m. on Main Street
- 11:06 a.m. at the intersection of Case Avenue and Stonecliff Vista Lane
- 1:26 a.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive; DUI
- 2:28 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 3:25 p.m. at the intersection of W. Angela Street and Pleasanton Avenue; DUI
- 6:55 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; public drunkenness
- 10:21 p.m. at the intersection of Owens Drive and Rosewood Drive; marijuana possession
- 11:37 p.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Blackbird Drive; DUI
- 11:43 p.m. at the intersection of Johnson Drive and Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 1:05 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 1:26 p.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 3:14 p.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive
- 8:09 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:22 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall road; shoplifting
- 10:19 p.m. in the 300 block of Rose Avenue; theft from structure
- 9:19 a.m. in the 1900 block of Santa Rita Road
- 1:39 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 10:01 p.m. in the 3300 block of Muscat Court
- 10:38 a.m. in the 4200 block of Vervais Avenue
- 3:01 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 2:21 p.m. in the 1800 block of Brooktree Way
- 8:13 a.m. in the 5000 block of Hopyard Road; commercial burglary
- 11:47 a.m. in the 6000 block of Inglewood Drive; residential burglary
- 11:08 a.m. in the 2200 block of Tanager Drive
- 12:26 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court; possession of methamphetamines, paraphernalia possession
- 3:12 a.m. at the intersection of Sunol Boulevard and Junipero Street; under the influence of drugs, paraphernalia possession
- 1:37 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue
- 3:10 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1:11 p.m. in the 4500 block of Eull Court
- 7:57 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 8:11 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vine Street
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by mooseturd, a resident of the Pleasanton Valley neighborhood, on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:22 am
mooseturd is a member (registered user) of PleasantonWeekly.com
Brian James Goncalves got a felony charge for a $1.59 theft. Really cool Brian. Heaven help us! I have a pet rock that's smarter than that.
Posted by Devin, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:36 am
Yeah, Brian. Since you're homeless, why didn't you reach into all of your savings from not paying rent and buy the lighter instead? Thanks, Mooseturd, for delving into those nooks and crannies and pulling out the really important stuff that enables us to kick down at homeless folks. Very classy.
Posted by Misplaced, bleeding heart, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Feb 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Devin, you forgot....thief and criminal first, homeless as a result of bad decisions and lack of respect for himself and the law.
Posted by Devin, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Feb 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
For some, the only thing keeping them from homelessness is a working wife who's willing to support a loser husband who can't make his own way in the world, for rather obvious reasons that are easily inferred from your above post. I guess living off of one's wife in Pleasanton beats sleeping in Nebraska cornfields somewhere, right? You ought to know.