Uploaded: Friday, December 7, 2012, 6:44 AM
Work dispute at Ranch 99 market ends with felony arrest
Plus, other Pleasanton police news through Dec. 4
|Joel Najera, 21, of Dublin was arrested at about 7:14 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 7500 block of Amador Valley Boulevard in Dublin for felony battery.
Police said Najera, who had been fired from the Ranch 99 supermaarket in Pleasanton's Rosewood Pavilion, returned to his former workplace and punched another worker in the nose. That worker was not seriously hurt in the incident, which occurred at about 3:20 p.m. that same day.
In other police reports:
* More than $50,000 in jewelry was stolen in two residential burglaries in recent days. In one, which was reported at about 11:49 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 4000 block of Payne Road, jewelry valued at $35,000, including an unknown quantity of yellow gold was stolen along with a $1,000 laptop, a $500 TV, and various gift cards worth $550. The garage door had been opened and a side garage door was used to gain entry. No forced entry was found.
In the other, reported at about 3:59 p.m. Nov. 29 in the 5000 block of Forest Hill Drive, jewelry worth a total of $16,000 -- including diamond earrings worth $6,000, a $1,200 ring and a $1,000 watch -- was stolen, along with a $1,500 computer.
* Gesebel Maorquin, 25, of San Jose and Brandon Dearis Kendrick, 22 a transient, were arrested at about 7:28 p.m. Nov. 29 for felony shoplifting and conspiracy for attempting to steal 52 random items worth $1,529.99 from various departments at Walmart in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive.
* Toni Matsue Rivera, 30, of San Ramon and Patrick James Makrakis, 21, of Concord were arrested for petty theft at about 8:19 p.m. Dec. 3 at Stoneridge Shopping Center for attempting to take clothing and a Raiders blanket valued at a total of $370 from JCPenney. Rivera also had an outstanding felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance; Makrakis had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
* Carlos Gilbert Law, 39, a transient, was arrested on a misdemeanor warrant at about 8:18 p.m. Nov. 28 after a disturbance at Stoneridge Shopping Center. Police later added two felonies to the arrest, for possession of methamphetamines and for attempting to smuggle drugs into the Santa Rita Jail.
* Two women told police they had been victims of identity theft. In one case, reported at about 6:02 p.m. Nov. 29, a resident of the 4300 block of Valley Avenue discovered a fraudulent bank account had been opened in her name after receiving a letter from a collection agency.
In the other case, reported at about 4:08 p.m. Nov. 30, a resident of the 200 block of Tomas Way reported that a debit card was used for four charges totaling $1,850; She told police her card had not been stolen.
* A Dec. 3 burglary at Physiotherapy Associates in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive netted a $3,000 laptop and a $50 portable radio; a pry tool was used to force the main door. The break-in was reported at 8:12 a.m.
* Cash and three sets of headphones were stolen in a Dec. 2 burglary at Radio Shack in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive. A total of $271 was taken from the store's cash register; the front door of the business was smashed between 3:47 and 4:45 a.m.
* Two laptops worth a total of $1,400 were stolen from a home in the 4100 block of Churchill Drive; the front door was forced open between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Nov. 29.
* A Nov. 28 auto break in at Stoneridge Shopping Center netted two laptops worth a total of $2,300; a window of the vehicle, owned by ValleyCare, was smashed to gain access.
* Mark Edward Hobart, 36, a transient, was arrested at about 1:59 p.m. Dec. 3 at the intersection of Oak Mill Way and Mill Creek Place on a felony warrant for sale of a controlled substance and possession of methamphetamine after a suspicious vehicle stop.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 1:56 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
Possession of methamphetamine
- 8:18 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:02 p.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; fraud
- 3:48 p.m. in the 4100 block of Churchill Drive; residential burglary
- 3:59 p.m. in the 5000 block of Forest Hill Drive; residential burglary
- 7:41 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; commercial burglary
- 8:20 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive
- 10:39 a.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road
- 1:29 p.m. in the 4300 block of Foothill Road; marijuana possession, minor in possession of alcohol
- 10:27 p.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 7:47 a.m. in the 3500 block of Helen Drive; auto theft
- 8:46 a.m. in the 3800 block of Stone Pointe Way; auto theft
- 10:03 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court; auto theft
- 3:59 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springhouse Drive; theft
- 4:08 p.m. in the 700 block of Bonita Avenue; theft
- 4:08 p.m. in the 200 block of Tomas Way; fraud
- 7:18 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:40 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 3:55 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 6:59 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 12:15 p.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road
Drug/ alcohol violations
- 12:01 a.m. in the 700 block of Main Street; DUI
- 1:14 a.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road; DUI
- 3:15 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Pimlico Drive; possession of marijuana
- 8:48 p.m. in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue; DUI
- 11:05 p.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 3:47 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; commercial burglary
- 3:24 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 7:11 p.m. in the 3500 block of Touriga Drive
- 9:37 a.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Muirwood Drive
- 2:38 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 4:17 p.m. in the 3000 block of Staples Ranch road; bicycle theft
- 5:20 p.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 6:55 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:58 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:12 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive; commercial burglary
- 11:49 a.m. in the 4000 block of Payne Road; residential burglary
- 7:18 a.m. in the 7600 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 7:26 a.m. in the 7500 block of Ivy Court
- 7:31 a.m. in the 400 block of Adams Way
- 8:42 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:34 p.m. in the 600 block of Junipero Street
- 1:36 p.m. in the 5700 block of San Antonio Street; marijuana possession
- 1:59 p.m. in the 1500 block of Oak Vista Way; methamphetamine possession
- 9:44 p.m. at the intersection of Dublin Boulevard and Tassajara Road; DUI
- 7:17 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 11:08 a.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 4:44 p.m. at the intersection of Holly Circle and Kamp Drive
- 3:29 p.m. in the 4600 block of First Street
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by SKI, a resident of the Val Vista neighborhood, on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Who at the pleasanton weekly prof reads articles before they get printed I've never seen or heard of Ranch 99 market in pleasanton. But I've been to 99 Ranch market in pleasanton
Posted by Me Too, a resident of the Another Pleasanton neighborhood neighborhood, on Dec 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Actually a LOT of people refer to these markets as Ranch 99. Perhaps it is not the technically correct name, but it is a name that is very commonly used.