Uploaded: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 9:29 AM
Updated: Monday, October 1, 2012, 5:27 AM
Baby changing station at downtown Pleasanton park set on fire
Police officer spots smoke, puts out blaze with patrol car extinguisher
|A baby changing station in the women's room at DeLucchi Park in downtown Pleasanton was set on fire Sept. 21, according to police reports.
Officer Dirk Hooper responded to a call around 2:46 p.m. and found smoke coming out of the women's restroom. When he saw that the changing station was on fire, he put out the fire with an extinguisher from his patrol car.
There are no suspects or witnesses in the fire, according to a report, which valued the changing station at $200.
In other police reports:
* A complaint about suspicious people near Seminole Way led to the arrest of two men Sept. 21.
William JD Bilbrey, 26 of Reno, Nev., was arrested at about 6:53 a.m. in the 4600 block of Ithica Way for possession of burglary tools -- a bolt cutter -- in his car. He was also arrested for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance, Vicodin, and possession of a switchblade, all of which were discovered in his backpack, and a violation of probation.
John Edward Teixeira, 33 of North Highlands, was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant.
When police spotted the two men, they said they were headed to a friend's house but went to the wrong place. Tiexiera told police he was "sort of on probation"; a warrant check led to the arrest of Tiexiera and the discovery that Bilbrey was also on probation, which led to the search of his car and backpack.
* Five laptops worth $800 apiece were reported stolen from Safeway corporate headquarters in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road on Sept. 20. There was no sign of forced entry in the burglary, which was reported at 8:55 a.m.
* Identity theft led to a $2,900 cell phone bill for a resident of the 3200 block of Curtis Circle. The victim learned that an account had been opened in his name when he received a bill from Verizon, he said in a report filed at about 7:37 a.m. Sept. 20.
* Electronics worth $2,800 were stolen from an unlocked conference room at Four Points by Sheraton in a theft reported at 9:46 a.m. Sept. 25. Taken were two microphones valued at $600 apiece, an $800 LCD projector and an $800 sound station, a device that allows multiple people in a room to participate in a telephone conversation.
* An unlocked bathroom window led to the theft of items valued at $1,350 from a home in the 5400 block of San Juan Way in a burglary reported at 1:27 p.m. Sept. 24. Taken were a $700 40-inch flat screen TV, a $300 37-inch flat screen TV, a $200 computer tower and a $150 blue-ray player.
* A bank deposit bag with $675 cash inside was stolen from Pastime Pool Hall at about 1:20 a.m. Sept. 20. The bag had been left on the bar near the cash register before closing; the theft was reported at about 9:57 a.m. the following morning.
* A 27-inch computer monitor worth $999 was stolen from MISCOwater in the 5900 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard in a theft reported at 5:39 p.m. Sept. 20.
* A Sept. 22 residential burglary from a shared garage in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive led to the theft of a $60 vacuum and a $40 cart. One of the occupants apparently left the door open, which led to the thefts.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 1:24 p.m. in the 5700 block of Johnson Drive
- 11 a.m. in the 3700 block of Thistle way
- 2:34 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road
- 9:21 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue; DUI
- 3:18 p.m. in the 5900 block of Owens Drive; public drunkenness
- 9:52 p.m. in the 4300 block of First Street; DUI
- 1:48 a.m. in the 3900 block of Fairlands Drive; auto theft
- 7:37 a.m. in the 320 block of Curtis Circle; fraud
- 9:57 a.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; theft from structure
- 1:12 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 5:39 p.m. in the 5900 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; theft from structure
- 8:55 a.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:05 p.m. in the 800 block of Main Street
- 2:45 p.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 8:38 a.m. in the 5200 block of Springdale Way; auto theft
- 10:59 a.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; shoplifting
- 5:45 p.m. at the intersection of Owens Court and Owens Drive; auto theft
- 7:01 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 8:19 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 10:26 a.m. in the 4900 block of Valley Avenue
- 10:46 a.m. in the 6700 block of Hansen Drive
- 12:17 p.m. in the 3200 block of Stanley Boulevard
- 6:39 a.m. in the 4600 block of Ithica Way; possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine, possession of burglary tools, possession of a switchblade
- 6:22 p.m. at the intersection of Ray Street and Walnut Drive; DUI
- 11:28 a.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 1:08 a.m. at the intersection of St. Mary Street and Peters Avenue; DUI
- 1:27 a.m. in the 4300 block of Second Street; public drunkenness
- 2:52 a.m. at the intersection of Kamp Drive and Mohr Avenue; DUI
- 5:46 a.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 8:51 p.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; under the influence of a controlled substance
- 8:59 p.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive; public drunkenness
- 2:56 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:49 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road; auto theft
- 1:18 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 10:42 p.m. in the 100 block of Mission Drive; DUI
- 1:54 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1:27 p.m. in the 5400 block of San Juan Way
- 12:01 p.m. in the 4400 block of Rosewood Drive
- 4:44 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road
- 5:10 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; DUI
- 8:33 a.m. in the 1100 block of Shady Pond Lane; fraud
- 9:46 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; theft from structure
- 1:13 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Drive; theft from structure
- 4:59 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 10:16 a.m. in the 2500 block of Glen Isle Avenue
-12:49 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession, under the influence of a controlled substance
- 5:21 p.m. in the 5800 block of Parkside Drive; marijuana possession, possession of an open container
- 6:01 p.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 8:27 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; drug violation
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!