Uploaded: Friday, September 14, 2012, 6:57 AM
Updated: Monday, September 17, 2012, 6:27 AM
3 in Pleasanton victims of identity theft in past week
Also, police actions through Sept. 11
|Three residents were the victims of identity theft over the last week, according to Pleasanton police reports.
In a Sept. 5 report, a resident in the 3300 block of Smoketree Commons Drive reported that new accounts were opened in his name and about $7,200 in charges were made starting Aug. 1.
n Sept 6 in the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive a man reported that two charges had been made on his credit card totaling $1,763; the victim was successfully able to dispute the charges with his credit card company.
In a Sept. 11 report, a woman resident of the 5900 block of Arthur Drive reported she'd received two credit cards in the mail -- one from Walmart and another from Citibank -- that she'd not applied for; no charges were made on either account.
In other police reports:
* A transient was arrested at about 10:21 p.m. Sept. 7 at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and the Gate 5 entrance to the Alameda County Fairgrounds for having four credit cards belonging to two other people. Hayvenn Shakur, 39, was arrested for misappropriation of lost property. He told police he'd found them and was planning to mail them back.
* Keith Maurice Truitt, 48, of Pleasanton was arrested in the 5200 block of Northway Road at about 9:37 a.m. Sept. 11 for using a credit card without permission and possession of stolen property. Police say Truitt took a credit card from the female victim's purse and charged $1,338 at Home Depot between July 24 and Aug. 23, which was discovered when the victim received her bill. Truitt did odd jobs around the house.
* Myra Pamila Lawson, 47, of Walnut Creek was arrested for fraud and possession of a controlled substance for forging a prescription at Custom Care Pharmacy at 4271 First St. Lawson was taken into custody at about 2:51 p.m. Sept. 8 when she picked up the prescription.
* Toilet paper was among the items stolen in a burglary in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive. In addition to the $15 in bathroom tissue, a $100 bike, four pairs of women's shoes worth $250 and five pairs of men's shoes worth $200 were stolen; entry was through a shared garage door that had been left open. The burglary occurred between 3:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sept. 8.
* An attempt to steal earrings worth a dollar led to charges against a man at Stoneridge Shopping Center. Deontae Steven Hardy, 21, from Pittsburg was arrested at about 5:07 p.m. Sept. 6 for possession of burglary tools -- a booster bag -- and for giving a false name to police.
* Titus Tenesgen Norton, 20, of Pleasanton was arrested 11:14 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 6900 block of Valley Trails Drive for receiving stolen property, a Garmin GPS unit, after an officer spotted a suspicious vehicle parked at Evangelical Free Church.
* A commercial burglary reported at 2:32 p.m. Sept. 11 at Public Storage in the 3700 block of Stanley Boulevard netted three Elvis-shaped whiskey decanters worth $1,000, a $70 bowling ball bag, $120 bowling ball, $75 bowling shoes and a three large decorative wreaths worth $40 total. The lock on the storage unit had been removed.
* A Sept. 11 grab-and-run theft netted a $550 phone from the AT&T Mobility Store in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. A male and female stole the phone off a display wall and ran off at about 8:44 a.m.
* Camera equipment worth $2,400 was stolen in a Sept. 5 residential burglary in the 4500 block of Lakewood Street; a bedroom window had been left unlocked.
* A $1,300 bicycle was stolen after a garage door had been left unlocked at a home in the 2200 block of Tanager Drive.
* Erik William Aires, 19 of Roseville was arrested on a Sacramento felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance at about 8:13 p.m. Sept. 11 at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Pleasanton Police Report
The Pleasanton Police Department made the following information available.
- 11:26 a.m. in the 4000 block of Blacow Street
- 8:28 p.m. at the intersection of Ironwood Drive and Cornerstone Court
- 11:45 p.m. in the 3500 block of Norton Way
- 8:43 a.m. near the intersection of Hopyard Road and Interstate 580; paraphernalia possession, possession of methamphetamine
- 5:11 p.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 3:36 p.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Flemington Court
- 4:49 p.m. in the 3300 block of Smoketree Commons Drive; fraud
- 7:59 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:21 p.m. in the 8000 block of Canyon Creek Circle
- 5:24 p.m. in the 2200 block of Tanager Drive
- 4:45 p.m. in the 500 block of E. Angela Street
- 2:33 a.m. in the 3300 block of Smoketree Commons Drive
- 10:00 a.m. in the 7900 block of Stoneridge Drive; frand
- 2:36 p.m. in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive; auto theft
- 11:58 a.m. in the 7000 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:08 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 12:29 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 1:31 a.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 1:45 p.m. in the 4900 block of Valley Avenue; possession of marijuana on school grounds, furnishing marijuana
- 11:27 p.m. at the intersection of Mohr Avenue and Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 10:26 a.m. in the 5800 block of Laurel Creek Drive
- 1:39 a.m. in the 4400 block of Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 2:10 a.m. in the 5600 block of Stoneridge Drive; public drunkenness
- 11:22 a.m. in the 5800 block of Laurel Drive; DUI
- 1:41 p.m. in the4200 block of First Avenue; prescription fraud, possession of a controlled substance
- 11:31 p.m. in the 4000 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 12:40 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 3:13 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 7:53 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 2:49 p.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive
- 11:56 a.m. in the 5200 block of Genevesio Drive
- 12:01 a.m. on Hacienda Drive between Central Parkway and Summer Glen Drive
- 11:02 a.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive; theft
- 5:20 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:33 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:45 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:52 a.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas Boulevard and Muirwood Drive; DUI
- 2:36 a.m. in the 3000 block of Chardonnay Drive; possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance
- 3:51 p.m. in the 3500 block of Mercato Court
- 9:01 p.m. in the 5900 block of Arthur Drive; fraud
- 8:44 a.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road (theft?)
- 2:32 p.m. in the 3700 block of Stanley Boulevard
- 11:16 p.m. in the 7100 block of Corte Balboa.
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
Posted by Smelly B. Hind, a resident of the Bridle Creek neighborhood, on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:10 pm
Stolen toilet paper? See what happens when BART comes to town? LMAO
Posted by Staycee, a resident of the Downtown neighborhood, on Sep 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm
1 ply or 2 ply?
Posted by Balam Letona, a resident of another community, on Sep 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm
For the folks who are victims of identity theft or suspect they might be, please do the following:
1) Obtain a free copy of your credit report.
2) Place a credit freeze on your credit report with Equifax, Experian and Transunion.
3) If accounts appear on your credit report that were opened by identity theft then complete a FTC Identity Theft Affidavit and dispute those accounts by mail with the credit reporting agencies.
For the FTC form go here:
[Portion removed due to promoting a website]