The Alameda County Fair's 102nd year is underway with crowds streaming in to take advantage of fair specials and perfect weather for a day at the fair.
Horse racing holds its fourth day of races today, with races running through July 6.
This year's theme is "Taste the Red, White & Blue" to celebrate the return of the 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
The fair has a variety of shows and attractions for the whole family. In addition to pig races, pony rides and Storyville, these new attractions are worth checking out.
* The Alley Cats: A high-energy, a cappella group that has performed at the White House and opened for Jay Leno's Las Vegas shows.
* Hypnotist: Hypnotist James Kellogg, Jr. explores the minds of volunteer from the audience. The show has music, comedy and audience antics. Kellogg has appeared on the television show "Conspiracy Theory" and "LA Ink."
* Roberto the Magnificent: This action-packed, cirque-style show features Roberto the Magnificent doing crazy comedic stunts such as riding a tall unicycle while juggling sharp objects.
"Arctic Olympic Games" Dive Show: Penguins, played by professional divers, put on a show about training for the Arctic Olympic Games. The penguins perform stunts such as an 80-foot high-dive and a "fire dive" through flames.
Kids Park Shows
* Let's Pretend Pirate Show: Kids dress up like pirates and put on their own adventure show.
* ZIP IT: Fly over the Alameda County Fairgrounds with a zip line.
* ZOOM: Roll around in your own giant hamster-like ball.
Kids Park Attractions
* Brad's World Reptiles: This attraction offers kids close encounters with rare and unusual reptiles and amphibians. Kids will learn about the creatures in a safe and educational setting.