News

Former Walnut Grove principal files claim against district

PUSD: Allegations not factual, some 'divorced from reality'

Former Walnut Grove Elementary School principal Jon Vranesh, who was placed on administrative leave Oct. 25, has filed a formal claim against the Pleasanton Unified School District.

A 17-page letter dated April 16 informed the school board members and Superintendent Parvin Ahmadi of Vranesh's "claims for money damages and injunctive and other relief against your local public or other entity, for amounts totaling significantly in excess of $10,000..." The Pleasanton Weekly obtained a copy of the letter this week.

Claims are generally required before a lawsuit for money damages can be brought against a public entity.

The letter states that "PUSD and its agents and employees defamed Jon Vranesh" by "making or publishing false statement(s)," and by "making statements to third persons that disparaged Jon Vranesh's skills and services, especially to the public." It also claims Vranesh's right to privacy was violated.

In addition to naming the district, Ahmadi and assistant superintendent Luz Cazares, the claim also names the president of the Association of Pleasanton Teachers (APT), Peggy Carpenter, as allegedly conspiring to "intentionally interfere" with the employment contract and the economic relationship between Vranesh and the district.

Carpenter did not respond to requests for comment.

Vranesh was placed on administrative leave Oct. 25 for allegedly creating a hostile work environment. He is currently an "itinerant principal." His contract for an administrator's position in the district was not renewed for the 2014-15 school year.

The district's attorney, Kim Kingsley Bogard of Kingsley Bogard in Folsom, made the following statement to the Weekly on Wednesday regarding the claim:

"The District has been dealing with issues related to Mr. Vranesh's employment since October of 2013. Those issues centered around Mr. Vranesh's use of derogatory and vulgar terms to refer to a number of his subordinate female employees in the workplace. The District found these circumstances entirely unacceptable for the workplace.

"The District is now presented with a tort claim filed by Mr. Vranesh which makes a vast range of accusations against a number of employees. It alleges everything from age discrimination to his receiving unwanted sexual advances from female employees and administrators. The allegations made in this claim are without basis in fact and in cases are entirely divorced from reality. The intent may have been to provoke outrage or anger and invite an imprudent response from those accused. These puzzling claims, however, have simply provoked a sense of concern and bewilderment."

Once a claim is presented, the public entity must act on it within 45 days, and provide written notice of the action taken. The entity can reject the claim, give notice the claim is insufficient, do nothing or approve the claim.

Comments

Posted by Registered Joe, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2014 at 4:42 pm

We'll soon see how well the district has been complying with the law regarding public release of personnel information. Plenty of people have blasted the administration for lack of comment and apparent lack of action. I think it's been a foregone conclusion that Mr. Vranesh would follow up with legal action, and so the district has been wise to withhold comment.

Whether at fault or not, it makes sense for Mr. Vranesh to file a claim against the district. It's the district that has the deepest pockets. The basis of the actions that caused Mr. Vranesh to be removed - whether rightly or wrongly - stem from the teachers at the school and the APT. Shallow pockets, both.

I bet that the district and Mr. Vrahesh settle under a gag order. So we'll never actually know.

Posted by Pro-Law, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2014 at 5:43 pm

The district'a attorney should have just said, "We don't comment on pending litigation."

Instead the attorney released information about the personnel action taken against the former principal: "Those issues centered around Mr. Vranesh's use of derogatory and vulgar terms to refer to a number of his subordinate female employees in the workplace. The District found these circumstances entirely unacceptable for the workplace."

The media isn't the place for the district to respond as they may have just cost us taxpayers even more money by commenting on personnel issues that I thought they previously said were confidential.

Posted by Janna, a resident of Downtown
on May 21, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Good for him. Mr. V. has the support of many teachers and other school district employees who have worked with him and have not been on the side of APT in this case. This was one nasty situation. One side is not being truthful. It will be up to a judge to decide what the truth is and whether or not to award damages to Mr. V. As this has most likely ruined his career as a school administrator, I believe he is entitled to compensation.

Posted by Christine, a resident of Del Prado
on May 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm

How interesting that the District's attorney Kim Kingsley Bogard would comment on the claim by saying that "the allegations are made without basis in fact" and that it "provoked a sense of concern and bewilderment."

Funny, that's EXACTLY what Mary Snell and Linda Pipe said when they came forward to say that had been named by Teachers A and B for participating in acts of retaliation and conspiring with Jon Vranesh to oust another colleague from her job. How ironic that the shoe is on the other foot. The writing's on the wall, people.

Posted by Disgusted, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 21, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Wow. Nice response from the district's attorney, I can't send my kid to Pleasanton schools anymore. I've just about had it by the way they have treated this man. There is absolutely no evidence that corroborates the allegations against him, what a joke this district has become.

Posted by About time, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 21, 2014 at 9:16 pm

It's about time! Justice will be served and JV will prevail!

Posted by Sad days for PUSD, a resident of Bonde Ranch
on May 21, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I am sad to see this happening in this district. I personally think that the majority of the problem lies with the teaching union. I have a number of close friends who work in the district as teachers and in other capacities. They have said they are not happy with the teachers union leadership. They feel as if there are some teachers who will go after any administrator who pushes them to change. I feel badly for the district administration because the accusations from the teachers at Walnut Grove put them in a very bad position. I am puzzled by the sexual harassment accusations by both the teachers at WG and now by Mr. Vranish against the district. This is troubling. Either it's actually happening and that's awful, or everyone is lying and being very manipulative because they know exactly the type of situation this will cause. In either case I am disappointed because our children's education needs to be the focus of these adults. I hope this is resolved and our superintendent can bring some stability to the schools.

Posted by Reality , a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 21, 2014 at 11:50 pm

The fact that the PUSD just hired [removed because the claim in inaccurate] the replacement principal is a female who previously worked at both Alameda Unified (Cazares' previous employer) and sat next to Ahmadi at Fremont Unified, provides strong credibility to all of Vranesh's claims.

Posted by AStudent'sPointofView, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 12:16 am

I agree with the comment above mine in that these are indeed "sad says for PUSD." I am appalled, and still a little in disbelief, that the allegations against Mr. Vranish would ever come up in the PUSD. I am glad Mr. Vranish is defending himself so we as a community will get some actual rulings upon the allegations. With the appearance of the APT I am starting to feel more inclined to support Vranish. The APT always seems to be meddling with our principals. As I am sure you all know, the union recently FAILED to get Hart Middle School's beloved Mrs. Conde ousted? Also in agreement with the above comment, I beleive our board needs to focus more on our students EDUCATION rather than so much bickering about our administration.

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on May 22, 2014 at 7:41 am

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

A Student's Point of View -- I would really like to talk with you. Please call me at 600-0840, ext. 119 or email gallen@pleasantonweekly.com.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on May 22, 2014 at 8:34 am

I am a student of LIFE!

let the fireworks begin...tee hee

Posted by Chemist, a resident of Downtown
on May 22, 2014 at 8:36 am

Let's pass a parcel tax: that will fix all these problems.

Posted by Deport Cholo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 9:08 am

Someone should do some investigation of Peggy Carpenter. It seems like wherever she works, she has lawsuits against her.

When is the school board going to investigate this purge that our dubious Superintendent has got going against principals? Her management style seems similar to that of the Ayatollah running Iran.

Finally, it seems that a majority of the school board needs to be voted out; and if this ineptitude continues, recall may be in order.

Posted by D W, a resident of Livermore
on May 22, 2014 at 10:25 am

I'm still awaiting any response be it from a reader or Gina, Jeb et al why Bowser's hands are still clean heading into the County Superintendent race. Did ol' Jeff follow all proper protocol in dealing with the Vranesh scandal or were there shenanigans that we don't know about? You may want to expose these before Oakland's best Alameda County Superintendent contenders expose any warts. Because the ladies that are Bowser's biggest threat to becoming the Tri-Valley's first County schools leader in ages are definitely paying attention to the ongoing Vranesh mess, and looking for ideas on how to derail Jeff's run.

Posted by Joan, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2014 at 10:29 am

The attorney for the School Board states " The District is now presented with a tort claim filed by Mr. Vranesh which makes a vast range of accusations against a number of employees.... in some cases the claim are entirely divorced from reality "

Is she sure she isn't referring to the statements made by the teachers AGAINST Jon Vranesh? Those complainants certainly had a vast number of complaints ranging about him from not allowing questions until the end of a meeting, to him not telling enough about his personal life to his staff, to he wasn't liked as a child when he went to the same school and as a side note they added he said a swear word 1.5 years prior. Talk about being entirely divorced from reality! One only needed to read the teachers statements to see that. Seems like the lawyer should read the statements made by the teachers before she give quotes to the media.

Posted by glad, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 22, 2014 at 11:00 am

After reading about all the PUSD issues over the past few years, including this one, I am sure glad I chose to remove my child from PUSD during elementary school years to put my child in private school.

What this community needs is more competition from the government schools.

Yes, the private school dips into our savings but it is worth every penny. Keep publicizing the PUSD issues because with every issue, it reinforces us that we made the right choice for our child. Btw: our child was bullied tremendously in a PUSD elementary school here and is thriving now, thanks to its positive and supportive environment.

Posted by Miley, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 22, 2014 at 11:36 am

Justice will be served!!

Posted by Eric, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 22, 2014 at 11:49 am

Good luck Mr. Vranish. Having thought about everything I read, be it redacted or not in addition to everyone I spoke with I strongly believe that the Superintendent and the PUSD School Board screwed this up as bad as anybody possibly could. In my humble subjective opinion I feel that a decent man was railroaded, was made a scape goat and had a career destroyed. I hate to say go for the throat Jon because it will be taking away money from the schools that our kids so dearly need but you deserve compensation for all that you have been through, enjoy your retirement and time with your family. If anyone should be let go or publicly crucified it should be the Superintendent and most of the board for their handling of this situation and putting our entire school district in financial harms way.

Posted by Dear Kim Kingsley Bogard, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 22, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Hmm, maybe if the district had handled the complaints appropriately, then the district wouldn't still be dealing with these issues. Fact of the matter is that the district's "investigator" did not do a thorough investigation and if the district truly found these circumstances entirely unacceptable for the workplace, why did they not fire JV? Instead they removed him from Walnut Grove and placed him in another position with the same salary. Sounds like we need to do our own "investigation" on the happenings in the District office.

Posted by daveg, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 12:37 pm

The key clause in the article is that PUSD AGENTS are behind the defamation. In other words, communists. Perhaps this lawsuit will begin to peal away the layers of Stalinesque supper fugue that winds through the corridors of our education camp schools.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on May 22, 2014 at 12:47 pm

This just goes to show "d" that no matter how much you and your buds mouth off...you can't even get rid of a school administrator...tee hee hee...

Posted by WG Parent, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2014 at 1:10 pm

They should be investigating the previous principal.

Posted by Pathos, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2014 at 1:51 pm

@Eric - I couldn't agree more. Very well said.

Posted by daveg, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Let's not forget that the union goons were behind this. So dismiss the Board, yes. Dismiss the Super, yes (I can't bare to write her name). But let's get rid of this crooked union communism that prevails as a sickness and which exposes our children to the worst of human existance.

Posted by Daveg, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Daveg is a registered user.

Please note; Comments attributed to daveg from Another Pleasanton Neighborhood are NOT my comments. Thanks

Posted by LP, a resident of Foothill High School
on May 22, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Let me tell you my view as a VERY involved parent and that of my children who where both fortunate to have been at two schools while Mr. Vranish was there. There is no way he made the disparaging comments they claim. I don't care if the claims were tattood (sp?) and notarized on Parvin's forehead, I can tell you it's not true. Mr. Vranish set his expectations high and my children benefited from this leadership. He cared about each student and knew most of the kids and parents on a first name basis. When my daughter was being bullied by a few boys while at PMS, Mr. Vranish couldn't have acted more swiftly to stop the conduct and encourage the bullies not to retaliate.....with my daughter not bullied by these kids again.

Bottom line, Mr. Vranish probably set expectations of his staff at a high level for the betterment of our children and a few lazy teachers didn't like it so ruined his career possibly for life. I'd like to pretend I am surprised that the PUSD got suckered into believing the lies of the few that wanted him gone, but nothing surprise me at this point with Parvin at the helm. I can't believe Mr. Vranish's contract has not been renewed, but Parvin and her chronies have.

Mr. Vranish,

Please set up an P.O. Box or email or something so the hundreds or thousands of us that wish to offer our experiences with the real Mr. Vranish and not the person this district has made you out to be. I would testify in any court proceeding at any time and would allow my children to do the same and I know I'm one of hundreds if not thousands who feel the same way. We are here for you and as much as I hate to see money taken from the school, I think this will be a valuable lesson for the district and hopefully they'll dump Parvin and all but one of the school board members as a result of it. Again Mr. Vranish, we parents who know you support you. My children who you oversaw stand behind you too with one being an adult now who would be more than happy to speak to what a great VP you were while at PMS and Foothill. Bless you and your family and keep up the fight. Should be an easy victory given the attorney for the district is already commenting as she has instead of the "no comment on pending litigation line" she should have used. Looks like another PUSD blunder......not surprise there.

Posted by Damon, a resident of Foothill Knolls
on May 22, 2014 at 3:58 pm

@LP - "Let me tell you my view as a VERY involved parent and that of my children who where both fortunate to have been at two schools while Mr. Vranish was there. There is no way he made the disparaging comments they claim. I don't care if the claims were tattood (sp?) and notarized on Parvin's forehead, I can tell you it's not true."

I don't know Mr. Vranesh but nearly everyone on these forums seems to say that he was a good Principal. Still, I think that some people here are going too far in their statements of support. How can you state as an absolute, unquestioned fact that the allegations are not true? Were you there at the alleged incidents? Do you even know Mr. Vranesh at a personal level?

Based on the large amount of support for Mr. Vranesh on these forums, my belief at this time is that the allegations against Mr. Vranesh - if I had to say one way or another - are probably not true. He also should have the right to face his accusers and question them and defend himself. I hope that the allegations are not true and he is able to vindicate himself. However, let's just not get carried away in our support and make statements that don't hold up to scrutiny.

Posted by dave g, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 4:01 pm

(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff for containing unverified or personal information.)

Posted by Annoyed, a resident of Del Prado
on May 22, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Where was the Human Resources Director during this mess? Human Resources is to provide help to employees of the district. The two Classified employees and Mr. V should have been protected by Human Resources. What a useless HR organization and Director!

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on May 22, 2014 at 5:20 pm

let this sorry story have its day in court...hahahahahahahaha

Posted by Sybil, a resident of Amador Estates
on May 22, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I think we are all clear that some major mistakes were made here. Valerie Arkin asked if there could be another investigation- what happened to that sane suggestion?
Not only were these mistakes major, they are about the become very costly!

Posted by Daveg, a resident of Birdland
on May 22, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Daveg is a registered user.

For dave g from Another Pleasanton Neighborhood. I don't have a horse in this race so am not expressing any opinions/comments. I'd rather know more about a subject before voicing an opinion.

Posted by dave g, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 22, 2014 at 9:40 pm

(Post removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff as irrelevant to this thread.)

Posted by Pleasantonian, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 22, 2014 at 10:49 pm

How did Ahmady end up getting this job? Look, .......we all know JV got the short end of the stick. In my opinion it is in large part due to Ahmadi's lack of competence. Now, we as tax payers are going to have to foot the bill to have justice served (which I think JV deserves). But this is money that should be spent on kids and not on screw-ups at district level..... Now we are getting Ahmadi cronies placed at Walnutgrove.... so I wonder what is the next screw up that we will have to foot the bill for. It is amazing, teachers and JV can do the best job in the world, and a few incompetent people at the district with no comprehension of the big picture make a mess out of everything they touch. But then again... hey, who cares? it is just taxpayer money..... It's not like it is coming out of their own pockets. Just my opinion.

Posted by Pleasantonian, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 22, 2014 at 11:04 pm

JV, if you are reading this: I hope you get justice. Money from the kids, but I understand your life is MAJORLY impacted.

Parvin, if you are reading this: Please quit. You are ruining this district. I hope you are smart enough to understand you are over your competence level...., then again, maybe not. Please quit.

Posted by AStudent'sPointofView, a resident of Ruby Hill
on May 23, 2014 at 12:22 am

(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff as irrelevant to this thread.)I know most of us do not like the PTA, but none of us are going as far as you... I have many a time met the PTA's Vice-President, and though I don't agree with the PTA, I find her to be a good, respectable Christian lady (who, for the record, is NOT A COMMUNIST)!

Posted by Right, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 23, 2014 at 5:03 am

Dear Student,

The charges against Mr. Vranesh didn't just spring up out of thin air. They were fermented by unionists who were threatened because this good man values freedom. He tried to get them off their collectivist butts and start working and they responded with lies about him. Ahmadi is nothing but their sock puppet. This will all come out at trial. I can assure you.

Posted by Reality, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 23, 2014 at 5:13 am

The accusations and insinuations these people made against Vranesh, Mary Snell, Laura Pipe, etc. are all false, the District and their attorneys by now probably know it is all false, but at the point, they are too arrogant to admit they all made a mistake. When the District does these things, they try to 'save face' by never admitting their mistake.

I hope when the lawsuit is actually filed, along with PUSD, Cazares, Carpenter, Ahmadi, and the accusers will all be named parties so they will all have to retain their own legal counsel.

In the end, after PUSD ruins everyone's reputations, the District will probably sue Kingley Bogard and Stubbs & Leone for malpractice saying it was their fault just like the District sued Lozano Smith.

Posted by David Winston, a resident of Birdland
on May 23, 2014 at 9:03 am

THIS IS COMPLETELY JEFF BOWSER'S PROBLEM.

He has No experience deaiing with complex human resource issues like this. THe Weekly needs to look in to how Bowser handled this entire problem. Lies, mis-represenations, and broken promises to make change at Walnut Creek are EXACTLY why we can't trust him in higher political roles.

NO BOWSER..>This is his fault!

David

Posted by William Tell, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 23, 2014 at 11:29 am

Is it finally time to get rid of Ahmadi - or does she get a "Mulligan" on this? What's the California law requirement for how many signatures required to recall a school board member? And can it be done online? I've got three in mind.

Posted by Christine, a resident of Del Prado
on May 23, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I just read Jon Vranesh's formal claim against the district in it's entirety. Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the District Offices, watching the scrambling taking place. JV, nicely done!! I'm still waiting for the final names to be revealed (redacted in the claim) of those who are also named in this letter. Those people (teachers I'm guessing) have been hiding under their coward's cloak long enough while Vranesh has been swinging in the wind publicly for months. And Board Members? Yep, the time for accountability is upon you. Except for Valerie Arkin. She is one brave woman who could teach these people a thing or two.

Posted by Bizarro World, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 23, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I too followed the Pleasanton Weekly link and read Jon Vranesh's formal claim against the district. I think that his allegations about "unwanted sexual advances" are completely bizarre.

Vranesh is accusing the superintendent, assistant superintendent, and other "District supervisors" of making "unwanted sexual advances" and making employment decisions about him based on "his acceptance or rejection of their sexual advances and conduct." Vranesh is also claiming that there is "widespread sexual favoritism" in PUSD, resulting in "preferential treatment" for employees who have sexual relationships with those in the district with the power to grant these preferences.

Really?

Others may choose to dispute the district investigator's report -- but there were multiple people who witnessed Vranesh's use of derogatory and vulgar terms about his female subordinates. If Vranesh's claims of a "widespread sexual favoritism" in PUSD are true, shouldn't other people be coming forward with similar claims? Or is Vranesh living in a bizarro world of his own mind?

And for those who are judging support for Vranesh from what you read on the blogs…there are _many_ at Walnut Grove who believe and support our teachers and have long since moved on.

Posted by Pro truth, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 23, 2014 at 7:47 pm

As I recall JV is the only character in this debacle who has made a statement under penalty of perjury.

If a person always tells the truth he never has to worry about his story.

Justice will prevail

Posted by Sybil , a resident of Birdland
on May 23, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Hope nobody made plans for summer vacation. Looks like wg teachers etc will be spending their summer in court.

Posted by Helen, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm

And we, the taxpayers, who thought our taxes would go to our children's education, are the ones paying the lawyers. They must be enjoying this tremendously. What a shame. The whole thing was so badly handled. Wish we taxpayers knew the whole story. If they settle out of court, as I expect they are going to do, we probably never will know the truth.

Posted by D W, a resident of Livermore
on May 23, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Hey Winston,

If you believe what you feel about Bowser, there's not much time left to deny him County power. Forward your disgust with his most formidable opponents in the County Superintendent election. Both are Oakland-rooted: one of them is looking to move one step up toward a promotion, and the other has respect from even those inside Pleasanton. The election as of this post is just 12 days away. Make your views be known now. Perhaps one of those two can use your thoughts to deny Bowser what he wants.

Posted by HR Issues? , a resident of Kottinger Ranch
on May 23, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Someone mention the Director of HR as an issue. If a person should be help accountable in HR wouldn't that the be the person in charge? That is the Assistant Superintendent of HR. That is the person heading an HR department that is woefully lacking. The leaders are the issue not the middle men.

Posted by This could have been prevented, a resident of Birdland
on May 24, 2014 at 11:17 am

This will be a 7 figure judgement or settlement. As long as Bowser, Laursen and Grant, or like minded people control the school board there won't be any accountability for what happened. Even if the very serious accusations in the claim are found to be true the board won't fire anyone, examine why this happened and how to prevent it in the future or stand up to APT when APT is not acting in the best interests of the district.

Posted by Even Stephen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 11:29 am

From my vantage point, I see a wackjob principle whose antics added up until they were intolerable to too many.

He was rightfully and correctly removed from his position. Should have happened sooner.

The rightwing zealots -- the usual suspects -- ballyhooed for increased publicity, all the while using Vranesh as a prop to direct their poison darts at anyone and/or everyone associated with PUSD, unionized teachers on up.

The wackjob had to go all the way to San Diego to get a costly defense. No lawyer around here in his right mind would have taken on this joke of a case. There will be no settlement. He was removed for good cause. Period. A Neanderthal who had no business in public education.

His defense is nothing but throw everything at the wall and hope something sticks. He's an embarrassment to himself and the community. I hope he knows someone with deep pockets, because this whole thing is going to cost him dearly.

Posted by Even Stephen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 11:35 am

Principal. sorry....

Posted by Here's Jonny, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 12:43 pm

@ES

wow what mean things you say about a man that was wrongfully convicted by a power hungry union, and by the self serving superintendent and cabinet. This was done without ANY witnessed proof of the accusations. Who might you actually be "A" or perhaps "B"? or someone very personally close to the accusers? You have the right to your opinion, as mean and hurtful as it reads. The tone of your cackling, and finger pointing is pretty sad and immature. Enjoy your weekend

Posted by Reality, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 24, 2014 at 12:54 pm

The "Neanderthal" comment from one of the commenters above fits exactly in to the age and gender discrimination issue described in the claim that Mr. Vranesh filed.

This sounds all so similar to the teacher A or B transcripts where in some instances the teachers referred to men as "Grandpa."

"Neanderthal" - sounds like age and gender discrimination to me. Calling a fellow employee or a manager that would likely get you written up by HR or fired in the private sector.

I expect the settlement(s) and judgment(s) to be more like 8 figures once you add up all the individuals sued along with the District. Punitive damages from a jury could push it to 9 figures.

Posted by Here's Jonny, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Good point Reality. I wonder would happen in court if it can be proven that some individuals knowingly lied to manipulate the removal of JV rather than made honest mistakes during the process that ultimately resulted in the decision for his removal? My guess is that those individuals could be held personally liable, and their insurance company won't protect them. So could mean that they'd have to pay damages out of their own pocket?

Posted by Court time truths, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 2:18 pm

We will all see if Even Stephen is so gutsy at deposition time or in court without the anonymity of the PWBlog.

Posted by Even Stephen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Even Stephen is gutsy enough to recognize an open and shut case when he sees one. The former principal, who thankfully will never step onto an educational campus ever again, was a foul-mouthed bully. Typical right winger, he blames everyone under the sun for his own failings. Does he take any responsibility for his own severe failings? Of course not. By the same token, did he ever file complaints against his pathetically gutless claims that he was sexually hit on by every female in the PUSD system? Did he ever file complaints against those who -- this one's a real dilly -- discriminated against him because he was a powerful white male abuser of his own authority? The guy is a cad.

(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)and staffed by a wide range of racially and ethnically diverse people.

If I were one of the administrators or teachers whose names have been mentioned on the threads of the PW Forum, I'd pursue legal options against the paper's owners.

Posted by Lou, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 3:49 pm

If this is such "an open and shut" case - why did teachers have to lie about coworker actions and words to "prove" their case? Both Mary Snell, Linda Pipe and other employees were lied about in this "investigation".

Funny how an administrator could work for so many years with other schools, good, hardworking teachers, parents and students and never have these lies/allegations made about him. Yet just two years into the cesspool known as WG and all of the sudden he is a foul-mouthed misogynist? A Right Wing Foul Mouthed Misogynist at that?

(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Hate to see all the money this will cost our schools, but more power to Mr. Vranesh. Cheering you on as you take this to court and remove the protective veil from the teachers involved.

Posted by Even Stephen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Don't see anyone else filing complaints or lawsuits about being "lied about." Only this one sleaze ball who wants us to believe that he was being hit on by all the females. Yeah, that's believable, it sure is.

Fact is, people like this sleaze get warned and reprimanded, repeatedly, before they are removed from their positions. This will come out in the trial, assuming there is one. Of course, Lou (and his multiple other monikers) knows nothing about education or educational processes.

Hey Lou, since you're so sincerely supportive of Vranesh -- (Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)-- why don't you cough up some money to support his legal bills? He's sure going to need your help and that of others, because by the end of this process he's not only going to be jobless but penniless as well. His lawyers will draw this out as far as his purse strings will allow. Then it will be over.

Posted by Here's Jonny, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Geez ES you sure sound cranky. Maybe you need a nap. Oh, and Lou, Great points

Posted by Even Stephen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

(Post deemed inappropriate by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Posted by Here's Jonny, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Now come on ES, lets turn that frown upside down. I don't think any of claims are about diverse teachers. Personally prefer it. (Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff) Unions are not what they used to be, and it's not an equal playing field. I'm sorry you're so angry and seem to have an ax to grind. You never did deal with the points that Lou made in regards to Mary Snell, Linda Pipe and other employees were lied about in this "investigation". Or are they off their rocker?

Posted by This could have been prevented, a resident of Birdland
on May 24, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Good point from Jonny on liability. If it is determined that people acted illegally or with willful misconduct as alleged in the complaint then yes they could be held personally liable by both Vranesh and the school district. And no, insurance does not protect someone in that case.

Posted by Walk way from the posting, a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 24, 2014 at 6:04 pm

This issue not be decided it. Luckily it will go to court where a judge who has nothing to do with this town, this district, will make the finally decision.

Posted by Reality, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 24, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Even Stephen is what is called a misandrist. A misandrist is a woman who hates men. This would all make sense with the gender discrimination portions of Mr. Vranesh's complaint against the PUSD.

(Comment partially removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

What about the annual housing cap?

DSRSD's Kohnen Scholarship on Hold

Fifty Ways to Craze Your Donors
By Tom Cushing | 0 comments | 616 views

Be a sport: Send us your youth sports news, scores and photos
By Gina Channell-Allen | 0 comments | 376 views