Foothill High School's DECA chapter members received high honors at the organization's 68th annual International Career Development Conference, held last week in Atlanta.
Students receiving recognition include:
* Shivi Bhatnagar: Sports and Entertainment Operations Research, 1st place
* Roland Huang: Sports and Entertainment Operations Research, 1st place
* Andrew Nam: Sports and Entertainment Operations Research, 1st place
* Christine Oh: Public Relations Project, overall finalist
* Charles Jin: Public Relations Project, overall finalist
In addition, Crystal Tang placed as a finalist in Roleplay 1 and Luka Qin placed as a finalist in a Hospitality Cluster Exam.
State officer alumni, Byron Lo, received a $1,000 Walgreens Scholarship for his contribution and commitment to DECA throughout the year.
Bhatnagar, president of Foothill DECA, said Internationals was the best conference and it was a great way to end the year.
Nearly 16,000 students attended this year's international conference, according to Foothill DECA team member Ardin Lo.
DECA competitions simulate real-life business scenarios that test students' academic understanding and skills development, said the May 10 press release. The DECA conferences and workshops give students the opportunity to develop their marketing and entrepreneurship experience while networking with people and businesses from all over the world.
"This trip was a great way to meet new people from around the globe, while also having a great time with people at Foothill," said Bhatnagar.