Police caught a lucky break March 5 when a call to a hotel led to the arrest of a Livermore man for multiple identity thefts.
Joseph Freeland Montgomery III, 28, was arrested at the Residence Inn in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road on felony counts of identity theft, possession of stolen property, drug possession and felony probation violation.
Police were called by the manager at about 10:16 p.m. to help get a guest out of his room after prior dealings with him in San Ramon. After learning Montgomery was on probation, a search of his room turned up 10 credit cards in other peoples' names and a credit card creator with blank cards, according to police, who are investigating other possible victims.
In other police reports:
* Richard Louis Williams, 18, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony count of assault with a deadly weapon at about 11:55 p.m. March 7 at a home in the 8100 block of Arroyo Drive. Police were called to a party after a reported altercation between Williams and two others, who were cut on their necks with a piece of glass.
* John Levell Lightfoot, 43, of San Leandro was arrested near the intersection of Owens and Hacienda drives at about 9:56 p.m. March 4 on two felony counts of failure to register as a sex offender. Police, who knew he had failed to re-register, spotted Lightfoot at a bus stop.
* Cash and electronics were stolen from a home in the 1600 block of Laguna Hills Lane in a burglary that took place between 3 p.m. March 3 and 4:45 p.m. March 4. A $766 safe containing $25,000 cash was stolen, along with a 65-inch flatscreen TV valued at $3,480 and a $2,500 desktop computer and two bedspreads worth a total of $350. Entry was through a bedroom window.
* More than $10,000 was taken from a Pleasanton man between 9:20 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. March 8 in a scam known as the IRS scam. The victim received a call from a person claiming to be an IRS agent who claimed he owed money. The target purchased 12 re-loadable debit cards in two separate transactions, one for $4,000 and another for $6,500.
* Sache Coleman, 21, and Marquilla Deshai Williams, 21, both of Oakland, were arrested at about 8:33 p.m. March 6 on felony and misdemeanor counts.
Coleman was arrested on a felony count of receiving stolen property, felony probation violation and a misdemeanor count of driving with a suspended license. Deshai was arrested for a felony count of drug possession and misdemeanor counts of possession of burglary tools, paraphernalia possession and two outstanding misdemeanor warrants. The two were arrested after police in the parking lot of Safeway on Bernal Avenue saw an Acura Integra that had been reported stolen.
* Nine vehicles were stolen from Pleasanton in separate thefts over recent days, including two taken from downtown, on Abbie and Division streets on March 8, another from the Residence Inn in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road on March 7 and two from private homes on March 4 and 5.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week, the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports:
- 9:56 p.m. at the intersection of Owens and Hacienda drives
- 1:58 p.m. in the 6600 block of Owens Drive; theft from structure
- 5:06 p.m. in the 2200 block of Goldcrest Circle; auto theft
- 5:36 p.m. in the 1600 block of Laguna Hills Lane
- 10:48 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 1 p.m. in the 5100 block of Case Avenue
- 5:22 p.m. in the 4500 block of Denker Drive
- 11:52 a.m. in the 100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 12:09 p.m. in the 3300 block of Medallion Court
- 10:10 a.m. in the 200 block of Birch Creek Drive
- 5:56 p.m. in the 800 block of Main Street
- 12:11 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 12:59 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Drive; possession of methamphetamine
- 11:05 p.m. in the 6000 block of Inglewood Drive; paraphernalia possession
- 5:40 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 2:52 p.m. in the 6300 block of Arlington Drive; auto theft
- 10:16 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road; fraud
- 5:25 p.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue
- 8:03 a.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue
- 9:53 a.m. in the 4600 block of Bernal Avenue
- 4:49 p.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 5:03 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia
- 10:33 p.m. in the 5300 block of Sunol Boulevard; driving under the influence of drugs
- 9:58 a.m. in the 4100 block of Walnut Drive; bicycle theft
- 10:18 a.m. in the 1000 block of Harvest Drive; fraud
- 12:15 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; fraud
- 1:23 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road shoplifting
- 3 p.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; shoplifting
- 8:33 p.m. in the 6700 block of Bernal Avenue; stolen property
- 9:20 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue
Under the influence of a controlled substance
- 12:12 a.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 12:01 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 4:35 p.m. in the 5900 block of Coronado Lane
- 11:54 a.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8 a.m. at the intersection of Sycamore Creek Way and Dimas Court
- 9:35 a.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 1:43 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 8:46 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive, paraphernalia possession
- 5:39 a.m. in the 600 block of Abbie Street; auto theft
- 9:47 a.m. in the 4200 block of Garibaldi Place; fraud
- 10:19 a.m. in the 800 block of Division Street; auto theft
- 1:09 p.m. in the 3600 block of Kamp Drive; fraud
- 1:45 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue; fraud
- 4:24 a.m. in the 1500 block of Poppybank Court
- 1:26 a.m. at the 4500 block of Black Avenue; possession of methamphetamine
- 5:29 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue; possession of a controlled substance, marijuana/hashish and paraphernalia
- 4:55 p.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway
- 10:10 a.m. in the 700 block of Palomino Drive; theft from structure
- 10:33 a.m. in the 700 block of Palomino Drive
- 10:39 a.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue; fraud
- 11:41 a.m. in the 1300 block of Oak Vista Way; bicycle theft
- 2:53 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:32 p.m. in the 5800 block of Springdale Avenue; stolen property
- 7:09 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:39 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 10:56 a.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; auto theft
- 11:39 a.m. in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive; shoplifting
- 12:47 p.m,. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; auto theft
- 12:50 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road; auto theft
- 2:29 p.m. in the 3200 block if Vineyard Avenue
- 2:43 p.m. in the 2200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 1:22 p.m. in the 500 block of Main Street
- 3:05 p.m. in the 4500 block of Willow Road
- 9:19 p.m. in the 3700 block of Thistle Way
- 12:46 a.m. at the intersection of Stanley Boulevard and Reflections Drive; DUI
- 7:54 a.m. at the intersection of Mohr Avenue and Iron Horse Trail; possession of a controlled substance
- 5:34 p.m. in the 5600 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; possession of marijuana/hashish
- 9:45 p.m. in the 4500 block of Harper Court; public drunkenness
- 10:47 p.m. in the 4100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; DUI
- 11:17 p.m. at the intersection of Ray Street and Tessa Place; under the influence of drugs
- 11:26 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Pimlico Drive; DUI