Police are investigating the theft of as much as $180,000 in extermination products in a case that dates from March to December of last year.
A report of a commercial burglary was filed at about 2:21 p.m. Jan. 13, in which Terminix in the 5800 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard noted an unknown number of cases of a chemical had been stolen.
The company uses about $600,000 in chemicals per year, so the loss -- $18,000 to $20,000 a month -- wasn't noted until recently.
The case has been forwarded to the Police Department's investigations division.
In other police reports:
* What started as a report of a suspicious person in the Nordstrom parking lot in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road turned into a felony fraud investigation after police arrived.
Police who responded to the call at about 11:43 a.m. Jan. 9 found a male and female in the parking lot who turned out to be on probation, which allowed them and their vehicle to be searched.
Two laptop computers were discovered in the pair's car. No charges have been filed, but the case remains under investigation.
* Delfonte Lee Williams, 19, of Antioch was arrested at about 10:20 p.m. Jan. 12 in the 5800 block of Laurel Creek Drive on a felony warrant for burglary out of Pittsburg.
* Computer monitors and components worth a total of $5,100 were reported stolen from Wireless Glue Networks in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Police could find no evidence of a break-in through the main doors, although the office doors had been left unlocked.
* A $2,000 desktop computer and $400 cash were taken in a Jan. 9 burglary at a home in the 5400 block of Pleasant Hill Road. Entry was made by breaking in the front door.
* Two $1,000 laptops and a $400 iPad were stolen in a Jan. 11 residential burglary in the 1800 block of Zenato Place. Entry was gained through a rear door, which the owner said had been locked prior to the break-in.
* Raley's in the 5400 block of Sunol Boulevard reported the theft of 26 bottles of wine valued at $1,745. The thief took the bottles off the shelf and left in an incident that took place at about 8:38 a.m. Jan. 7.
* A resident of the 3900 block of Rockingham Drive reported her credit card had been used to make two online charges for laptops at the Microsoft store for $755 apiece.
* A resident of the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard reported felony identity theft after receiving a collections call from Comcast for $421. That led to a check of her credit report, where she discovered a charge from Verizon for $952 and several unsuccessful attempts to open accounts in her name. The case, reported at about 7:04 p.m. Jan. 10, remains under investigation.
* A local artist working from her home in the 5600 block of Stoneridge Drive and attempting to sell her work reported accepting a fraudulent $1,000 check, which led police to a victim, who'd already filed a report with police that his identity had been stolen. The check was not cashed in the case, reported at about 2:10 p.m. Jan. 10.
* A sliding glass door was smashed but nothing was taken in a Jan. 9 residential burglary attempt in the 5200 block of Muirwood Drive. Damage to the door was estimated at $500.
* A resident of the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue reported discovering two fraudulent charges on his account, one for $85 and one for $54, made in El Cerrito. The case is under investigation, with a possible lead.
* Marlon Anthony Vargas, 28, of San Francisco was arrested at about 10:35 a.m. Jan. 7 at San Francisco International Airport on a Pleasanton felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance. No additional details were available about why Vargas was taken into custody at the airport.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 8:43 a.m. in the 5400 block of Sunol Boulevard; theft from structure
- 5:12 p.m. in the 5800 block of Owens Drive
- 2:09 p.m. in the 3900 block of First Street
- 1:41 p.m. in the 4600 block of Bernal Avenue; possession of marijuana on school grounds
- 7:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 8:15 a.m. in the 3900 block of Rockingham Drive; fraud
- 8:54 a.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 10:15 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; bicycle theft
- 2:40 p.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; bicycle theft
- 4:39 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:55 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 11:32 a.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; public drunkenness
- 10:18 p.m. in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession
- 5:30 a.m. in the 5100 block of Golden Road; auto theft
- 8:07 a.m. in the 2000 block of W. Lagoon Road; auto theft
- 11:43 a.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 3:57 p.m. in the 1200 block of Concord Street
- 4:07 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:44 p.m. in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue; fraud
- 7:22 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 10:47 a.m. in the 5400 block of Pleasant Hill Road
- 1:29 p.m. in the 5200 block of Muirwood Drive
- 9:27 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway; graffiti
- 9:35 a.m. in the 700 block of Main Street
- 5:16 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 2:10 p.m. in the 5600 block of Stoneridge Drive; fraud
- 2:24 p.m. in the 2400 block of Santa Rita Road
- 7:04 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; fraud
- 10:51 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:31 a.m. in the 2100 block of Laguna Creek Lane
- 7:35 a.m. in the 4700 block of Willow Road
- 10:35 a.m. in the 1200 block of Quarry Lane
- 7:13 p.m. in the 4400 block of Valley Avenue
Possession of marijuana/hashish
- 2:34 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 12:38 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2:38 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:59 p.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 5:49 p.m. in the 5400 block of Coliseum Way; auto theft
- 6:42 p.m. in the 1800 block of Zenato Place
- 11:15 p.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street
- 4:58 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 12:15 a.m. in the 5000 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:55 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; DUI
- 6:08 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Valley Avenue; public drunkenness
- 9:53 p.m. in the 800 block of E. Angela Street; paraphernalia possession
- 10:26 a.m. in the 6100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 2:21 p.m. in the 5800 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard